Need Help With Lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gsizzle97, Aug 8, 2014.

1. I have just completed my first grow. I used 3: 150w cfls though i didn't get the bud results I wanted. Im looking for new lights. Something that runs on the cool side. I need them for 4-8 plants. They need to be ok to use during veg and flowering. My budget is 100$. any suggestions? Or even leave a link. Thanks guys :)

2. What's your grow space? If you have enough room save up for an HID light..stop playing around with CFLs

3. 2x4 floor 5feet tall

4. #4 lFourTwenty, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014

If you're gonna grow with flourescent, you should save a little more money and get an 8 bulb t5 flourescent light. (Amazon or ebay has them). You can use all blue spectrum bulbs for veg, and then buy some red spectrum bulbs when it's flowering time. 4 blue and 4 red.

61lhnKfEjVL._SL1500_.jpg

Other than that if you want bigger buds and a much better yield, get an HID light..400watt with switchable MH/HPS bulbs would work great in your area if you have a way to keep the temperatures in range.

This kit is $160 and has the air cooled hood..if you have another way to control the temperature of your area, you can get away without the hood. The 400watt with wing reflecter costs $124

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK400LS24-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005ECY4UQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1407513322&sr=8-7&keywords=400+watt+grow+light

81fWOEO1AnL._SL1500_.jpg

5. Send me a link to a nice fluorescent set up I'm just not ready for hps

You might want to look further into LED then..there's alot of LED growers on here, and I think it might give you a good yield, you just need one that's powerful enough. The 8 bulb t5 will cost at least 150, I think you can get a pretty good LED for that price.. I would keep researching them if I were you.

7. my caregiver grows with LEDS and he has dank meds....you just need to find a good brand. ive heard the lady that has the topic over in the lighting section isnt very good either. 

if your not happy with the results of cfls then you def. want a HID light, unless you can find a great led. i cant find any leds that are gonna cover a 2x4 area that is around 100$ though. (my area is 2x4 also and im looking for lights)

i will be seeing my grower buddy who uses the leds next week, if i reemmber at my old age ill shoot you the brand and wattage he uses. prolly overkill for wattage but the brand is good

8. You won't be getting good results with any LED like the one posted in that Amazon link. You will literally do worse than CFLs, no doubt. Good chinese LEDs are more expensive than that, and getting on to name brand ones like AdvancedLED or California Lightworks you will be spending vastly more money. My 350 watt LED cost nearly $1,000. It works great, but I had the right expectations and research done before buying a light like that.

Best bang for the buck continues to be HPS, especially if you can only do one bulb the whole grow. Try this http://www.amazon.com/Sun-System%C2%AE-Grow-Light-Fixture/dp/B001JL0BWG/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1407637110&sr=1-1&keywords=150+hps+kit or even two of them. You are always ready for an HID grow, especially if you are disappointed with your current CFL results. Hoping and blindly throwing money at cheap LED panels will not benefit you at all.

We are just trying to help.