Scars 250W Cmh Micro Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Scars, Aug 8, 2014.

1. damn those buds ended up really fat...nice job dude :)

2. Nice plants man! I can't wait to get my autos rolling  :smoke:

3. Thanks guys, going to start 2 more plants soon and switch to flower on the ACE Seeds big plant. Shes been vegging for a long time.

4. #24 Scars, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    ACE Seeds Fem's Mix: Flower Day 1; 80 days veg.

Finally switched to 12/12 flower after harvesting my other plants. She veg'd for a long 80 days. She been through a lot but has really recovered nicely. She has responded really well to the LST, her new feedings and has over 24 bud sites! Her leaves are more like a Sativa plant now while most of her younger life she had fat Indica leaves. When you rub her stem, she smells like Menthol and Eucalyptus. I think I am on the right track now, hopefully things go smoother in flower. 

Let me know what y'all think!

[​IMG]

5. looks nice man...gonna be another bush 'o buds I bet :)

6. ACE Seeds Fem's Mix: Flower Day 4: Adjusting well to 12/12 and new organic tea feedings. Not much stretch but she is getting bigger and bushier overall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, I think this is a Pakistani Chitral Kush mixed with some China Yunnan. 

7. #27 Scars, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Ace Seeds Fem'd Mix: Flower Day 11

This plant is really getting huge. She has officially filled the entire grow room. I can't fit any other plants inside my 2x2x2 foot room so I'm going to let her have all the space she needs to flower out. I think it will be fine. She looks like she will yield nicely if I can tame her indoors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As alway, thanks for looking!

8. Looking nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Thank you Simon! Everyone has such nice grows going on in the micro section. Great job everyone!

10. Ace Seeds Fem'd Mix: Flower Day 20.

Things are starting to get really nice, take a look. She is taken over the grow room completely now and is about 2x2x2 feet all around. She's a big girl for a micro grow.

When you run the stem, it's smells like a fresh piney evergreen forest after some rain. So FRESH!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really hope you guy like her. I really feel she might give me a good yield if I treat her well.

Thanks for looking!

11. I don't really show my grow room at all so I'll try to share more on that.

It's hard to take pictures of the grow room since I built it into the corner of the top shelf of my closet. I basically squared off the top corner of the closet and run all the ducting/wiring straight into the attic.

It's a simple design.

-big passive intake on the bottom right corner
    -4 inch exhaust (exhaust fan/ducting in attic) in the ceiling right next to the bulb
    -4 inch AC hose blowing cool air over the bulb
    -flat white paint
    -open, horizontal 250 Phillips CMH HID
    -small computer fan for circulation
    -temps never go over 85 F and never below 70 F
    -humidity stays between 50-60% constantly

I grow for personal use and only need about an ounce a month. This setup works well for my needs and have been using this setup for about a year now.

Here are some shitty pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a look at some of the LST I had to do in her. I really had to tie this bitch down:

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

12. Ace Seeds Fem'd Mix: Flower Day 24

Things are getting frostier every day. She looks like she will be a very high % THC plant. She is starting to flower out nicely. I still can't put my finger on the smell. The stem smells like FRESH Cedar with some Eucalyptus in there somewhere. The buds do smell funky but not too strongly yet.

So far I am water every 2 days with various teas that I make. She seems to be feeding ok. I got some yellow leaves here and there but overall she looks happy and is growing well. I try not to stress the little things. It takes the fun out of growing.

Let me know what y'all think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In other news, I totally forgot to report back on my autoflowers I harvested last month. I was very happy with my dry weight. 80 days from seed to harvest.

Dinafem Auto Blue Amnesia XXL #1: 19 grams dry. This was seriously good herb. It was lime green and smelled so piney and skunky at the same time. It's a creeper Sativa, just how I like it. I gave away about 1/2 ounce to some friends and smoked the rest. i couldn't even wait more than 2 weeks for this pheno to cure. It is that good.

This is the last nug I have left of her.

[​IMG]

Dinafem Auto Blue Amnesia XXL #2: 23 grams dry. This plant was the short chunky one. It wasn't as frosty as the other plant but the potency was still pretty good. More mellow and couch lock Indica. Very nice, smooth and pleasant aroma. Like sandalwood spices with a skunky kick. I also gave a lot of this bud away to friends and have been sampling it from time to time. It is getting nicer and more potent with a cure.

Check out this 10 gram stick, love the density.

[​IMG]

That's all I have for now. Thanks for looking!

13. Is that a hid bulb of mh?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #34 Scars, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    It is a 250 watt Phillips Ceramic Metal Halide HID bulb 4000 kelvin. I use a Phillips HPS magnetic ballast to run the light. I think ANSI Code S50 or S55. 

15. Hello everyone. Kinda lonely in this thread but here is another update.

Ace Seeds Fem'd Mix Pack: Flower Day 29:

I am shocked at the amount of food this plant requires. I am feeding heavy with every feeding and she can't seem to get enough food still. I really don't want to use synthetic fertilizers so if anyone has any heavy organic feeding solutions, I would like to know. 

Either way, the plant is looking great overall. There are a few pale/yellow leaves here and there but I am hoping to get some better organic fertilizers tomorrow. Even so, the plant is growing fast, the flowers are really starting to pack on some size and the aromas are starting to get more complex. The best part is that the trichome production is really high on this plant. 

I really think this plant is very robust with potential to produce a lot of bud. Hoping for at least a QP of fine organic flowers.

Here are some pictures from flower day 29:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, comments are welcome and thanks for looking!

16. #36 GrowTrees, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    What kind of nutrients are you using right now? I would recommend the Botanicare pure blend pro line if you're looking for something different
    All I use is their pure blend pro bloom soil and cal mag for flower

17. #37 Scars, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    I constantly bubble high amounts of bat shit/alfalfa/kelp/EWC with every watering. It sucks only because my plant is overgrown for its pot size. I really should have flowered earlier than I did. Instead of 80 days veg, maybe 60. 

Anyway, I was also looking at Botanicare too. I used some of their bagged soil for outdoors on my first grow and things turned out nice. I'm going to stop at a few places after work tomorrow to see what I can find. Thanks for the suggestion.

18. Hello, here is another update for anyone looking.

I went ahead and just doubled my tea feedings to keep the micro herd happy/healthy. Still organic. Plant is still feeding a lot but I think I will be OK for now.

The aroma is really starting to get complex. Originally, the entire plant would smell like fresh woody cedar. I cannot emphasize the word FRESH enough. It smells like a cedar forest after a warm coastal rain shower if that makes any sense. In the last couple of days, the flowers are spewing out a very strong citrus type smell. It literally smells like cedar and fresh cut oranges!!! There is also a very obvious FUNK in the background but it is not skunky at all. Basically, I love the smells, it is very nice.

The trichome production on this plant is what really impresses me. It is kind of weird as I have never seen this before, but the trichomes are very small, almost smaller than normal sized trichome. But they are so abundant, that the flowers are totally crusted. I was reading a Jorge Cervantes book and he said that smaller trichomes indicates strong Sativa genetic influence. Does anyone have any insight on this? Either way, the flowers are seriously very sticky. So sticky that it actually gets kind of annoying trying to work on her. I would rub my fingers afterwards and have tiny little hash balls that I drop into my bowl and smoke later. Haha, it works out in the end.

Either way, that is my report on my girl so far. Don't mind the droop as I snapped these right before I fed her. Here are some pictures from DAY 37 FLOWER:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all I have for now. Until next time, thanks for looking!!

19. Very nice man. I'm about in the same place with my ladies right now...
    Very nice man. I'm about in the same place with my ladies right now...

20. Thank you! Do you have a journal on your girl?