Case22 Goes Green - 2X2, 5Gal Sip, Bs240 Led

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by case22, Aug 7, 2014.

1. #81 case22, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    Was staring into the tent and remembered I was supposed to take a Bic shot. This is one of the bigger buds on the plant, though not the thickest. It just happened to be the on the edge of the screen facing the door today. 

A Bic lighter is 3" long...

_MG_1908.JPG

_MG_1912.JPG

....[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Man, that really puts these buds into perspective...[/SIZE]

2. You know how papa likes the led pics. Looking frosty my friend. 

3. 9-18 – Day 44 12/12

So she is just going her plant things. Getting a little bigger, little frostier. No ‘fueley' smell that I can detect; they actually smell pretty sweet, with a small pinch of hot garbage.

Pics, yo!                     :metal: 

[​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​

Peace!

4. :yummy:  How many times have you given her some tea so far?

5. Honestly, I've only given her a total of 1 gal aloe vera / water and 2l coconut water / water. That's it aside from the occasional fish tank water when I don't have any distilled / filtered water. 

6. Accidentally snipped a semi-sub canopy bud last Thursday while removing a few fans. Dried out the little fella and just burned it down. Really looking forward to this smoke. Super earthy / fruity aroma and flavor. The high is going to be killer too. 

7. Lookin' good there Case. Damn nice SCROG. That should be a decent yield.

Sent from Chefziggy's Kitchen

8. 9-24 – Day 50 12/12

What's up everyone? She is still just creeping along.

Really thinking I might pull the trigger on a Mars2. I think I need some more light on my bitches. I'm sitting at about 32 watts / sqft with 3w diodes right now. I can't decide between the 700 or the 900 though. The 900 would put me at over 100 watts / sqft… seems wasteful at the moment but it will be nice to have them extra watts once I upgrade a bit.

Decisions, decisions…

Here she is today…
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]

Peace!

9. So jelly of your photography skills...

10. Yeah lookin good brother! Theyre gettin really frosty now, how much longer you think you'll be flowering these out for?

I really want to go with the 900. It just seems so intense for a 2x2. I only have about 15" from screen to light. so I would probably need to rebuild that my grow box and make it taller. Unless I got a really shallow, wide container.... stoned rambles 

You got the equipment man. Put it to use. 

They will get [SIZE=13.63636302948px]at least [/SIZE]a full 70 days. I'll probably end up taking them to 77 or so. So about 3-4 more weeks. 

12. Our buds are looking real similar now, Case. I just did an update too. I got those SolarSpecs! Those things combined are a a true 300 watts and my temps rose a bit. I'm with you, BTW on the 900 being hot in a 2x2. What's it actually pull? Like 545?595? That's gonna create some heat. I was seriously looking at the Mars II 700. My cabinet is only 2x2.5  Either way, I hope it works out for you. These things are too expensive to keep buying more all the time. Lol! Sara will hook you up. Have you talked with her yet?

13. Not yet. I think I'll PM her soon. The actual draw on 900 is listed between 400 - 450 watts. I think I'm going to just order the 700 (300-380w). I don't know what my setup will be once I move. I'll probably wind up with something in the 8-12 sq.ft. range. Toss in another 700 at that point and be cooking with gasoline so to speak. 

Update is looking good man. Love the look of the solar specs. Very interested in the use of white in flower. 

14. #95 Prepper420, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    The only reason I said to go with a 900w IS because you're moving, yes it is way hot for a 2'x2', but once you move to a bigger space, the 700w won't cut it anymore for more than 2 small to medium sized plants or extra lighting for those darker corners which is what I'm using my lights for that cover a 2'x2'. How long until you move? If it's not for awhile then 700w for sure because of heat issues. And if I had the money I would go with a Solar Spec! Lol

Check out my grow! LED & Organic soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

15. Well I am now soon to be the proud owner of a Mars2 700. I saw a place for a coupon code at the checkout so I just randomly typed in grasscity... boom, got a discount... Nice. 

Moving from 32 watts / sqft of 3w diodes to over 75w / sqft of 5w diodes. 

Stoked... 

I won't be moving for another 8 months, I think the 900 would have given me too much heat, hell the 700 might as well. I would have also had to rebuild my cab to make it taller if I bought the 900. I like to keep things cool-able with just PC fans for exhaust. I keep the heat sinks out of the cab but there is still some heat being pushed off from the diodes. We will see. I'm just excited to finally get some big boy lm beating down on my ladies. 

16. nice screen dude!!

and congrats on the lights.. new toys are always fun, especially when they're gonna make even better buds! :D

17. 10-1 – Day 57 12/12

Light gets here tomorrow, probably won't be able to fire it up for a few days though until I get a new top cut out for my cab and build a second exhaust / filter. She is looking fine, starting to lighten up a bit in color. Buds look like they are just starting to get their swell on.

Without further ado…

[​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]

Peace!

18. I think they look great! For LED I'd say youre certainly rockin the space man.

I was disappointed with penetration on all LED my previous runs but it looks like scrogging really helps keep it uniform and nice all around. Keep up the great work case!

19. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Training them out works miracles.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] [/SIZE]Yeah, penetration in a no go with the light I have currently. So out with the old, in with the new!  I'm betting that more than doubling my current light in conjunction with the higher wattage diodes should help me really get in there and penetrate deeper... :ey: