Case22 Goes Green - 2X2, 5Gal Sip, Bs240 Led

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by case22, Aug 7, 2014.

1. nice looking scrog dude! :metal:

2. Many thanks AW. Good to see ya in my neck of the woods. 

3. #44 case22, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    Update time!  :yay:

8/26 – Day 21 12/12

Hello all and thanks for stopping by. Today marks the end of week 3 12/12. I do not know if it is the same with other LED lights but the little guy I'm rocking at the moment always seems to take about a week or so longer to get the ball rolling once I put her into flower. Not complaining, the smoke comes out grrrreat in the end.

The screen got a little crowded in a few areas; I didn't know what to do aside from let them grow up. It's  along the edges so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I think I'm going to hit her with her first kelp meal tea tomorrow. Then some aloe a few days later (unless I can combine the two?). Will probably do a few foliars in the coming weeks as well (neem, aloe, protekt) I haven't started any sort of IPM strategies yet so I want to hit her a few times before we get too far into flower.

:metal: On to the pics  :metal: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace!

Oh yeah…  I'm planning my next grow and want to focus on seeing what kind of yield I can push out of the 135w Blackstar. I think I'll shy away from the more sativa-esque beans in my pot. I'm leaning more toward either: WOS – NlxSkunk; Delicious Seeds – Cotton Candy; HSO – Bubba Kush; HSO – Lost Coast OG; or TH Seeds – MK Ultra. Any opinions? I've also got Trainwreck, Green Crack, Desert Diesel, and Phantom Cookies. 

4. looking excellent, bro

you can use the kelp and aloe together, no worries there.

keep up the good work!

5. She is looking beastly bro. Pappa wouldn't mind some of that Trainwreck.

6. Lookin damn fine Case! :metal:

Only bit of advice I could offer is to make sure to keep the tops all super level to create that even canopy.. it will really make a difference as the plant progresses from here. :)

Thanks man! Haven't had a harvest in many many months so I am stoked to finally be seeing some buds start to form. 

I wouldn't mind the Trainwreck, but I'll probably save that till after I move up to the N.E. and can get a bigger setup running. Might have to peruse your freebies and see if we can come to some sort of an agreement. Nothing is really jumping out at me in my indica section. Need to get some new genetics, everything I actually gave a shit about died in that catastrophic mass seedling suicide.  

Many thanks Iron, many thanks. 

I'm glad I have you all keeping this scrog in check. I've though I was out of room twice now and started letting her grow up. Luckily the good folks in the city have kept me in line.

I had no clue what I was going to do in that bad corner, the 4 actual tops all wound up over there and it was getting crowded. But I took some time today and looked her over, moved some of the smaller shit around to clear room for the tops and did a lot of folding, bending left, right, 180... got real aggressive like with her, ya dig?

But now she is mostly in check. I'm waiting for her to recover and stiffen back up a little to finish the job. 

[​IMG]

And a bud shot for the hell of it  :metal:

[​IMG]

Later!

8. Looking good! I want to see some Sour Moonshine one day  :yummy:

9. Statistically at least one should be a male. Then it shall be done... Sour Moonshine... Backwoods Diesel... Sour Haze... Sutton's Diesel... Sour Popcorn... White Diesel... Mountain Diesel... Mountain Haze...  :bongin: ... :bongin: ... :bongin: ... :hippie:  

Later!

10. You can let the plant grow up through the screen, but just make sure to wrangle those rouge branches back down to keep it even once you let it go.

Looks killer for real dude! :metal:

11. #52 case22, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    9/2 – Day 28 12/12

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend pssst… I did. Got down with the grill Saturday and Sunday.  Man, I'd pit my grilled / smoked pizza up against just about any pizza out there and not break a sweat. Daaaaaank… 

I'm sure there is plenty of better pizza out there that would put mine to shame, but until I put it in my mouth  :ey: , I'm still the king of this castle!

Anyhow, there really isn't much to report on. I did feed her some aloe vera water as well as some coconut water. No kelp yet, lazy… :bongin:

I also noticed my timer was set to 10.5/13.5 but now I'm giving her the full 12 hrs. I think when I was setting it up I was having a little internal discussion about setting it at 11/13 to possibly combat excessive stretching, I decided to go with 12/12 but maybe I've got some sort of Dr. Strangelove thing going on. 

Speaking of, would that actually reduce stretch or just deprive the plants of photosynthesis time? I have never been able to get to the bottom of the night time plant growth discussions. Does anyone know if plants actually do the bulk of their growing during the night or if they just build up all the grow hormones and do their growin first thing in the morning? 

Sorry I tend to ramble sometimes… On to the pics…

[​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]

Edit: Fixed pic links

12. Hey thanks man. Yeah fuck taking pics with an iPad, I tried it one time and moved on. There are those who have figured it out though and take some great shots with them, they even have macro lenses you can get for super cheap now a days to get those money shots. 

13. i absolutely love how perfectly lush green that bitch is.

soon as I have some extra cheddar i plan on getting a macro for my dslr. i never use it to photog my grow b/c all my lenses blow for close-up

.. and youre going to have to make me some of this pizza. the best place ive found around here is a solid 30min drive and everything super local sucks.

keep it up, bro!

14. Damn good lookin scrog right here. :cool:

Oh you know it CD. I don't make my own dough so the hardest part is finding a good source then driving to get it. In Boston, that shouldn't be a problem at all and I'll make it rain them pies. I'm thinking about starting up a bi-annual pizza party tradition; invitation to follow. 

Yeah this 'bitch' has been a pleasure to watch grow. I don't know if its the soil or the strain but damn its so easy.

As for lenses, look for 'macro extension tube' or some such thing on Amazon. I got a set of them for $12 I think. I use the basic lens that came with my camera and the smallest (least zoom) extension for 99.9% of my bud shots unless I'm trying to get some trich shots or something. Just be weary of the depth of field on the bigger extensions, it falls of QUICK. 

They take some getting used to as you have to coordinate zoom, focus, and distance to get a clear shot, but for $12 to my door, I can't complain. 

Thanks breh! I should have started this a loooong time ago though... Getting pretty damn sick of smoking old popcorn and 'street weed'

16. It was looking like it was going to be a good sunset so I decided to twist one up and bust out the camera before finishing up some work. Feel free to roll one up or bust out your rig and burn one down with me.... Virtually
      :bongin:     :metal:   :smoke:      :hippie:
     ​
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    Peace!

17. Just got caught up on your thread man.  That is a killer looking SCROG!  Bet that will yield like a mofo.

Nice shots all over too.  Love seeing some happy happy plants.  And don't you just love LITFA?

Thank you Ziggy. I duno about yield, never grown a diesel strain before. My goal at the beginning of this grow was 2oz. Its no "sticker worthy" plant, but I think it'll do me just fine.  :D

LITFA is great, especially in this SIP. I go out of town frequently and never have to feel stressed about getting back home to tend to the garden.