Transplant Idea?? Input Welcomed

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by mgoogl, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Okay so I'm going to be starting autos and running a organic living soil.. But I can't put seedling right in the soil because it will burn them to death:(

So hear is my bright idea: I have net pots(no clue why) but there 4 inch net pots all the same! If I make a sleeve of some sort around it and fill it with a light mix for seedlings would it be a good idea to remove the sleeve once it shows roots or the side of the net pot and put it directly in the living soil net pot and all as to avoid transplant shock?? Or is this just a stoned brain fart?

Sent from Space

2. Then another idea for this is sense it's a reusable soil I could just pull the plant out via net pot and jut pop the next one in??

Sent from Space

3. I always transplant right into soil you must be drunk

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Do you even grasp the concept?

Sent from Space

5. Never had issue with that just plant the pot with it a net pot

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I just put it right in the soil also nothing bad so far

7. I like to start seeds in the tiny cylinder cubes . They come like hockey pucks then you pour water on them and drop the seed in them once they sprout you put the whole thing in soil. You want to avoid transplanting with autos

8. #8 waktoo, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    What makes you think this?  Properly cycled soil will not burn your plants...

I sprout seeds in the same soil that I'm growing in when I harvest.

9. Because I've done a lot of reading and it says the soil is gonna be to hot for seedlings and to boot there autos also

Sent from Space

10. I've done a lot of reading too. Mostly horticulture books. I've mixed a lot of my own soil as well...

What living soil are you working with?

11. Buildasoil.com organic living soil was recommended as best premixed water only soil by a few members

Sent from Space

12. #12 waktoo, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  13. Never start plants in their final pots. I started my two clones in little sparkling water bottles and I will transplant into a 2 liter and progressively get bigger. Once the plants are about 6-12 in they can handle the sun and rich soil.

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yea!

May as well jump to hydro and fuck that soil.

Hydro is cheaper and simpler.

15. Hydro is intimidating

Always plant autoflowers in their finishing containers... any shock will reduce yield.

17. Wow.
    I know I'd be able to do it. I just wish I had someone who could teaach me hands on.
    Beautiful, Snoop

18. Hydro intimidates the hell out of me!! Plus when you have to start buying testers and pens it gets a bit costly.. And I love the idea of a organic grow with a sip system I don't have to do shit besides fill a reservoir once a week sense starting next week I'll be working 62 hours a week!!! Plus I got some really dank organic sour grape buds off a friend that's what made me go this route!

Sent from Space

19. #20 ProGMO, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    My friend is at 100% with those peat pots. Soaks them in PH water a little on the acidic side, 5.5ish or so and puts them in a small plastic cup. Then places a plastic baggie over the small clear cup and places them in the window ledge.. 24-36 hours late after sitting in window sills all have sprouted. 48 days after that he puts the block into the soil Smart Pot. You can see the root shoot to the bottom of the peat block by time the 48 hours are over.

he is a bit weird, he has used the toilet paper roll formed into cups (biodegradable) with soil before and had luck with that.Also he uses a paper towel roll in the center of his planting pot. He packs moist perlie in that and packs the soil around it then places the seedling in its medium right into the soil on top of the perlite. he says it makes for good drainage and aeration of the root system.