First Time Grow 08/07/2014

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by fuzzipeg, Aug 7, 2014.

1. The extra light seems to be giving them a little boost. I could just be imagining it too, but at least it hasn't felt like they were growing slower.

They're all growing strong. No nutes yet, and the leaves are a saturated green and healthy.

Here they are just a few minutes ago.

•Jazz• . OK, USA . Current Crops
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using GrassCity Forum Mobile app

Attached Files:

2. #42 Ghostbustaar, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    They look great !!

Dont use nutes before the cotyledons fall off. The plant use the cotyledons as main food input as long as they are attached.

At that stage I used something that boosted roots oxygenation and developement and promote cellular division (well that's what the label said, and it sure didn't hurt, check my journal page 3 for the name)

Keep it up mate

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Looking good!

Attached Files:

4. They are really pretty!

Attached Files:

5. #45 fuzzipeg, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Update! I'm being a very bad cannaparent and they're still in their solos. It's actually apparent that either the LST is stressing them a bit as my Solo Grow is now the biggest, or the Solo Grow is starting to benefit from the extra nutrients in the adult soil I've got mixed in with it.

Not the best for yield, but good for the contest though!

As I've mentioned before, my top priority is stealth and discretion so I'm not as concerned as I would otherwise be. I still need to get them in their adult pots. That will happen tonight, they've already been filled, watered, and left to drain.

Attached Files:

6. Carefull with the repoting and everything should be fine.

Good thing to do it at night. Less stress. Water them a bit afterward, not to much tho.

Averything look good to me, keep it up mate

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Transplanted last night. Seem ok, taking up water and reorienting themselves towards the sun, and they're not dead yet.

Attached Files:

8. Since stealth>yield, I think next time I'll be going with 3 gallon pots.

9. Is an led light in your future? Interesting grow, the auto world is so strange to me. I am thinking of maybe adding one to my veg room see what happens. A little bonus plant if you will, however the low thc content and low yeild of auto worries me. Is it even worth the soil smart pot light energy seed cost and time spent with it? I am gonna stayed tuned to this and see how yours comes out. Good luck

10. #50 fuzzipeg, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    The soil can be reused, and it's my first grow so low yield will be more my fault than any other factors. This is a learning experience for me, and now I'm much more familiar with what I probably did wrong and, even more importantly, why it screwed things up. I'm unsure where you've got the idea auto = low THC and low yield. I've been here for a bit and what I understand is that it's strain, genetics, and growing conditions that determine that more than anything. Certainly you can't make that conclusion for every auto.

11. No you you really can make that conclusion man. Half an ounce a plant isn't worth it to me. Space means everything in my cramped grow. Its a waster of space really. Drain on the power bill to get those kind of turn around. Auto is cool if you got a ton of space, don't care what soil cost you, and your growing at least four bomb ass photo period plants. Yeild is always increased with more lights, and better temp controls. That's the real secrets to growing. More light, more wind, water, feed, water. This is my first grow and if I don't get more than autos with my photos I would be really upset. Auto people have just come to expect less. I am not trying to be rude I just think that you should expand your mind.

12. Also auto comes from ruderails, you do know that plant has 0 thc. As in it has nothing that helps you make better meds? The only good trait is that it flowers without a dark period quickly. That's it otherwise they are useless in our world. People thought they were the future at one point til they figured out ruderails don't do anything for you.

13. #53 fuzzipeg, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Haven't updated in a while. So this happened:

Attached Files:

14. #54 RedganjaDown, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    I"m wantin to do that strain. How did it do?

15. Wish I would've subscribed to this sooner. Great job.