I Believe People Who Believe In God/religion Are Crazy

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by UpliftDrummer, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Religions a great way to control people, let them become fearful, and make them BELIEVE most importantnly in stuff that has no relation to their experience.

Religion merely allows fools to feel wanted and pseudo - loved in a crazy, crazy world because they could never solve their own reoccurring issues.

2. I think people take religions and its messages way too literally when its supposed to be more of a guide that leads to a healthier happier life for you and everyone around you.  Or maybe that shit really did happen and 80 percent of the world is going to hell, what do I know?

3. God is real. God is not a singular omnipotent humanoid being. God is all. God is conscious energy, the highest form of energy, love. God is the universe, totality of existence, which is infinite.

You are god, I am god, all is god. Where you see light, you see god. Where you are able to see, you see god. God always has and forever will, just as you too my friend.

4. Aren't you supposed to be begging for money for drugs somewhere?....

Run along scam artist

Sent from my LGL75C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #25 Dryice, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
    A lot of them are (insane)... I just saw a post on Facebook about some girl that has a life-threatening condition. Her parents post 'glamorous' photos of the child, and I assume they intend to until the child dies. The top comment on the most recent photo is, "Her condition is a gift from God." What a gift.

New Age spiritualism is rampant on this board, I'm surprised it bothers you that much.

6. He personally bothers me, he goes from board to board telling outragous stories in ways to beg for money...he has scammed people out of money for the purpose of buying drugs (the kind we can't talk about) and refuses to pay them back...

He has begged for money here but the thread was deleted, greenterror is a scam artist, I can post the threads from the other boards if you'd like to see yourself...and its really really entertaining...

Ahh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

8. real talk religion is just flat out goofy. Why do people still think there is magic people living in the sky It is beyond me... and if that offends you I apologize but you really do need to open your eyes there's no reason to believe this stuff anymore 

9. To quote a movie:

"I shoulda fought him? Louise My God, the guy is one of the best shots around, I look like I have Parkinsons next to him!"
    "What's that?"
    "Its just another way God mysteriously shows he loves us"

Its from a comedy, but pretty true... God loves us, and shows it by creating infinite ways to kill us and make us miserable :laughing:

10. But what is an ism for it to is a form of clinging? Lol

I feel the term new age is coined by those who may or may have not attempted spiritual practices and have not noticed some sort of expected miraculous change in their life thus denote the existence of a world beyond this world.

Eh, something like that...jeeze that was a long sentence lol

11. I can understand why people dislike "new age spirituality" because you got guys running around off LSD talking about "my third eye open" lol making anyone talking about chakras look ignorant. Ive learned to live with it lol

12. Any one else agree that men wrote these religious books to control mankind,sooner or later it will be a methodology like the greek gods and the norse gods

To be perfectly honest, I'm annoyed at Muslims and Christians all the same (I don't hate them). In my experience, a whole bunch of 'em seem to be incredibly judgmental, self-entitled people. Not all of them, but a good partition. I've met a few cool ones here and there :D.

14. #35 Rootsphere_Farms, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    It's so sad because churches make millions as well. People completely throwing their time(life) money away into something they don't even know is real. Take a psychedelic and find out what really matters in life, there's something to spend your time & money on.

15. Reading this thread gave me a headache. Why do people think it's a good idea to talk authoritatively on subjects they clearly have no understanding of? If you honestly think that any of the major religions are about the belief in an anthropomorphic man in the clouds, then you don't know anything about that religion. Tough to hear, I know, because just moments before you actually felt like you knew a great deal; but that's just the truth.

It's literally impossible to have an honest discussion on philosophical or spiritual topics: people just quickly jump in, giving us their misguided, uninformed, nonconstructive, plagiarist and, often, prejudicial comments without even the slightest pretense of trying to understand anyone else views. This criticism extends to both believers and non-believers equally.

16. Then please enlighten us (that have no understanding) about what a god is if its not a immeasurable being in an intangible place.

17. That's the whole problem: there is no easy, succinct definition which adequately describes how the multiple cultures and religions which have spanned history, viewed God. And if there is such a definition (and many claim there is), then that too can be argued. It's a discussion that requires honest and thoughtful discourse, not something that can be offhandedly dismissed as primitive superstition. At least, not if you don't want to look like an ignorant dolt.

18. Honest and thoughtful discourse when debating the existence of God. I never wouldve thought id hear such from someone. You realize the plausibility of the existence of God is just as valid as aliens or Bigfoot, yet we dont just assume those things exist. If i told you i had a dragon in my garage the discussion would go like this (this is Carl Sagan's story):
    Suppose I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence. What an opportunity!

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle--but no dragon.

"Where's the dragon?" you ask.

"Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon."

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

"Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floats in the air."

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire.

"Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless."

You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible.

"Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick." And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so.

19. If you think there is something ignorant in dismissing the superstitious then you are the one in need of critical thinking upgrades.