I Believe People Who Believe In God/religion Are Crazy

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by UpliftDrummer, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Yes, some Christians did help but not as many of them as could have. However, it's well known that Hitler could have been stopped before he did the atrocities that he did. Had more people actually cared since it wasn't happening directly to them.

2. God dammit(pun intended) go read a fucking book. Preferably one written by someone with a higher IQ than yours. And no, dr. Seuss doesn't count.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. If you think about it, we are all religious and spiritual about something. Even if one doesn't believe in a God or a religion, they're belief is that religions or a God doesn't exist. I think we all have something true to ourselves that we are spiritual about and we shouldn't be bashing others for believing in something that we don't.

4. @[member="Kushigh"]

I am not religious or spiritual in and way, shape, or form. 

5. Some people's lives are so intricately tied with their religious ego that if you took their religion away they would have a breakdown. Therefore they will do anything to protect it.

... and how religiously you maintain such a disposition. lol

Well, if you are saying that people have things in their life that they would die for, then, yes, I agree (such as familiy, love, a career, religion, money, political structure, community, modern standard of life, respect, drugs, sex, etc.,); but if your post is alluding to anything other than that, then your post makes no sense at all.

I'm just explaining why they aren't crazy

9. @[member="Boats And Hoes"]

I would rather say I hold my position with integrity, fortitude, and vigor. 

Po-ta-toe, po-tah-toe.

11. They're not crazy, just mislead by false information.

12. #252 FLYIN HIGH, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Y'all need to read the true word of GOD....nothing but the TRUTH.

I'm not preaching so you'll have to figure out for yourself.
    Only one book in existence claims to be the true "spoken" word of GOD!

13. #253 Peflora, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014

Religion is a perfect example of the power of mind control with thousands of years of reinforcement

Taking this forward, when a babies parents are regular church goers... A  baby's mind is most impressionable, religion  mind programming is reinforced every time the parents go to church

Hell, I can't get  lot of grown men to stop using RB leds, another con job

And this is it;

[​IMG]

15. Lol, get out of here with that nonsense.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. This guy is totally right.
    Religious nutbags give me the absolute shits.

17. [quote name="UpliftDrummer" post="20409213" timestamp="1407371314"]I genuinely think that in this day and age that if you believe in religion then there is something not quite right, for example christians thinking earth is 6.000 or so years old. And things like God creating all man and him sending his son down ? jusst sounds like a fairy tale to me.

I am a devout believer in God and Jesus Christ and I believe that the earth is over 4 billion years old...in fact the bible tells us that. Those who believe that it is 6000 years old miss understand God's word and His creation. If it all sounds like a fairy tale the maybe it is time for you to investigate the claims. I for one would never leave my eternal soul up to chance. There is a reason why more people than not believe in a god. But which god is the real God? There can only be one God. Sounds like you're at least asking the question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    What false information?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Religion destroys one's personal relationship with a loving powerful force.

19. Belief in religion is narrow minded but then again so is atheism.

The only reasonable stance is agnosticism which is to say "I'm not sure if there is a creator because no human can prove or disprove such a thing".