National Rife Associations Latest Idea: Give Blind People Guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Aug 6, 2014.

1. #341 BlazedGlory, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014

It might be able to, but how about finding insurgents in a city with 10 million people in it? Good luck with that.

The US army has a million standing troops and a million reservists. Assuming all of those even showed up to fight, they still wouldn't stand a chance if even 10% of males of fighting age chose to rebel.

When people laugh at the idea of a US revolution defeating the government it's just because they haven't thought it through very well.

• Like Like x 4
  2. We're talking about a highly-trained military against civilians some probably incapable of even putting up a resistance.
    Riot control has tear gas that is devastating to resistance. I believe it is plausible, but to say it's a given, is not entirely accurate.

It's not as though an organized rebellion wouldn't train people to fight. Not that hard to wear a gas mask if you expect to be gassed.

That's why I say if a rebellion got enough steam it would easily topple the gov. It's tough to overcome 20 to 1 or 50 to 1 odds.

4. #344 yurigadaisukida, Aug 19, 2014
    so your saying we would need guns

Also you are assuming it would be us vs them which I already explained to you is wrong. Do you even read these posts or just spew emotionally driven propoganda?

Let.me make.this as clear as possible for.you. we have a VOLUNTEER. Military. EVERYONE in the military was a civilian and has civilian friends and families. The government is the same.

Its not the people vs the government/military. Its everyone vs the people who refuse to let go of power

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. #345 jas43, Aug 19, 2014
    If our military was ordered to attack Americans in the homeland, that in itself would spark the largest mutiny our country and military has ever seen.

Then those small groups of rebel forces absorb thousands upon thousands of well trained war fighters.

Thats the reality of it.