4 Month Old Xbox One Dies...

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by STilladelph, Aug 6, 2014.

1. #41 Kermitfrg, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Get yourself the first Xbox, mine is still running, it is a machine (pun intended)  :smoke:

With such games as Star Wars Battlefront II, Halo 1 and 2, Vice City, etc. 

2. But my N64 still runs fine though...

My ps2 broke (I don't blame the console, I blame my brother) and my ps3 shit the bed 6 years in (I blame the console on this one) but I couldn't imagine having to get a console fixed/replaced less than half a year in. Hopefully this is just one bum unit and not a sign of an underlying flaw in the console design that's going to start popping up everywhere.

3. I just have to say it ....

PS4 is the best!

lol

4. It must feel horrible to spend all that money on a machine and have it shit the bed after 4 months of use. I would be pisssed also my friend. But.....at least when you send it away to get fixed it will come back brand spanking new. And if you still have trouble with it, go get a PS4.

5. lol, well you are missing about of month of Live that you've paid for because of Microsoft's mistake.. It's only right you get a free month.  That certainly didn't cheer me up when I saw it  :laughing:

6. Please tell me the bold is hyperbole.  There's just no way I would keep giving Microsoft my time and money after experiencing something like that.  I had one 360 go bad.  And if it happened again I don't think I would of played a Microsoft console again.

7. Well just a little update.

I shipped the system out (I believe :smoke: ) last tuesday. I called them today and they said its been fixed and waiting for fedex to come get it. They estimated 3+ weeks for the repair...

Which leads me to believe either

A.) Upon receiving my xbox they tossed it in the pile of other broken systems and sent me a different system without looking at mine.

B.) They've seen this many many times and have the hardware repair down to a science.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. You didn't ask what was wrong with it? Or will they send you some kind of document explaining what was repaired? I'm just curious if it was the operating system at fault.