4 Month Old Xbox One Dies...

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by STilladelph, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Nigga did your stoned ass remember to pay the electric bill this month?

Yo LOL

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. i read it. That was sarcasm.

3. xbox has always had problems like this, RROD comes to mind for the 360

4. #25 TheAnswer121, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    ps2 Disk Read Error

nuff said

all ps3's we're bricked if connected to PSN a few months after it initially launched

don't bring the fanboy hate. the original xbox was one of, if not the most, stable consoles ever.

5. #26 Smokey Tha Bear, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    i've never owned a playstation, im just sharing my experience as a loyal microsoft customer

i've had 3 seperate 360's die from RRoD until i finally got the new black one a couple years back,  im only hating on microsoft for their shitty console designs. which this sounds like it is

6. That blows. I think im just gonna buy the repair warranty whenever i buy my xb1 this year. I don't want to be stressed about a new broken system.

7. i assume you have tried a different HDMI and reset your display settings?

Reset your display settings. Here's how:
    1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.\t
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.\t
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. 
      Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 x 480). To reset these settings again, press the Menu button, select Settings, and then select Display & sound

8. Tried that already

But its clearly not a resolution or hdmi problem if the xbox logo appears then goes to black screen.

Like it freezes when it tries to load the dashboard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. That's fucking bullshit, if it was me I would have demanded the retailer to replace it... Or even get them to send me a new one.

Sorry this happened to you, must be annoying.

10. Not to give you any worse news, but you will most likely not get a brand new X1 when they ship it back, but a refurbished one that will probably have some sort of issue in the future.

I've gone through over 10 360's, when one breaks I sell it and just buy a brand new one. I've shipped four of my 360's to Texas for repair, and got four different consoles with different problems back.

Anyways, is it possible to remove the X1 hard drive while it is off? I don't know since I've never handled a 1. If you can take the hard drive out, try booting without it. If it works, then it's most likely the HDD and not the xbox.

11. Just for shits and giggles, ill make a mark on the xbox and when it comes back ill see if it's the same system

12. Just write down the serial number before you send it out and youll know for sure.

You could probably etch a big veiny penis on all six sides of the xbox and youd get the same one back. I doubt theyd want to send that as a "refurbished" xbox to another customer

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

There was this guy that sent his 360 in a few years back. It was a custom 360 slim Red Vs Blue edition, with all the RvB staff/actors signatures on it. Was worth a few grand. He got RROD, sent it in for repair with an attached note that he wanted the exact same console back, and they sent him a phat 360 with a broken disc tray instead.. Good luck

They would most likely remove the plastic case and install a brand new one.

14. Sounds like a problem with your HDMI cable or port on the TV. Had a somewhat similar issue with my ps4. Ended up using the HDMI that came with it and everything's fine.

15. If it was an hdmi problem, I wouldnt be able to see or hear the xbox logo come up.

It has to be something on the motherboard/hard drive

16. not necessarily. ive had hdmis do weirder things. could be a different res or something

17. This is not the news I wanted to hear.

18. Holy shit Xbox has the WORST customer service....they put too many digits in both my phone # and email which is why I didnt receive a shipping label or phone calls...

Just sent it out today...ill update in ~3weeks

19. Holy hell, The system should come with a big jar of Vaseline.

Hope you get fixed up as soon as possible. :(