PPs Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PP117, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Great journal! Really interested in aquaponics so I'm excited to see how your grow ends up!

2. Passin a fat j around in Honor of my AdvancedLed sponsorship!

[​IMG]

Spammin the forums with positive vibes! :bongin:

[​IMG]
    Weeeee!

3. That's awesome! Congrats!! Good luck with your grow! :)

4. Goddammit Poke!, reading this reminded me to check on Facebook to see if I won the Gorilla seeds competition....but nope, you won that too!!......share the luck bro! ;) 

5. i promise i didnt mean to! :p

;)

6. Day 42 of flowering...
    I know it ain't pretty or anything like that, but this is my last remaining decent female plant:
    img_0520a.jpg

There should be some usable bud in there, no? I figure it's not too bad for my first try. My other 2 females got heavily pollinated/seeded. They're not looking so good now. I'll share pictures of those later.

I figure my next run should be more productive, especially since I'll be starting with clones. And also I learned that I had a major pH problem in my fish tank this time around, so I'll be careful to watch for that on the next run. I think that should make the plants look healthier.

7. Long time no hear bro.....got the next run underway yet? :)

8. Sorry I've been so slow with the updates! My health problems have been greatly slowing me down.

I created 3 mother plants, and pretty soon I'll be taking cuttings from them to make lots of clones. My next run should be about 8-16 plants.

I'm not certain yet that I can get a decent grow with aquaponics, but I want to try it one more time. I'm not counting my current grow as a "success", but it certainly wasn't a failure. I think I'll be harvesting enough meds to last me for at least the next month or 2, and that's probably better than what my original expectations were.

I think during the next run I'll have a couple of plants growing in soil pots alongside the aquaponics plants.

I have a question:
    This is day 59 of flowering. Is it normal for the buds to start swelling and throw out new pistils around the last week of flowering, like on the left side of the buds in the picture below?
    IMG_0523.JPG

9. #129 oldskoolstoner, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    yes it just means she not finished yet, look at the trichs to be sure but I reckon she got a few more weeks yet

EDIT: also don't go by the advertised flower time, ive had one strain that took 4 weeks longer

10. #130 PP117, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    I ended up harvesting today, because lots of the leaves were drying and dying, and the plants looked spent. Also I examined the trichomes, and it looked like about 1/4 of them were amber, so I figured that was probably enough.

I wasn't too happy with this crop, but I think I have some ideas for how to make it better next time.

This is a pic of the main cola of the only plant that was un-seeded. I know it's not pretty, but I'm sure I'll get some usable stuff from there. And then of course I got lots of smaller colas, and lots of popcorn buds below.
    img_0534.jpg

Overall I would say that this run was more successful than I thought it would be, and also not as much of a failure as I had expected. I'll probably put at least 1 soil pot next to my aquaponics plants for the next run. I'm expecting the soil plant to do much better than the AP plants, simply because there's nothing experimental about growing weed in soil. That way I'll at least have 1 strong plant producing a good harvest, no matter what comes out of the other plants.

11. Not too shabby bro! :) 

Yeah for a first attempt getting a plant from seed to harvest is always a victory in my book! not to mention the bad luck you had with the high male ratio too....

As a coco grower I would naturally suggest using coco as opposed to soil mate.....from my experience with it so far it's relatively straight forward, and according to most sources I have found, yields are generally quite a bit higher with coco too. 

But either way, best of luck with the next effort!, I'm not too far behind you, thinking of another flush today and then chopping in a day or two. :)

12. Happy Thanksgiving mate :) 

13. Thanks bro! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

My meds have been curing for a couple weeks now. I have them in mason jars with boveda packs in there to keep the humidity at 62%. I haven't tested the partially-cured stuff yet, because I'm still working on a bud that I fast-dried according to your advice. It's lasting a long time when I use it in the vaporizer.

I haven't weighed my harvest, but it filled about 4 1-quart mason jars. I wasn't too concerned about weighing it because it didn't seem very high-quality to me, and I figured I'd probably be disappointed with the weight.

I started some clones for my next run, but I'll need another couple of weeks to make enough clones. I'm guessing I might start on my next round in about a month from now.

14. Hey brother im sorry to hear of your health problems mate :(

Hope you feel better soon! Looks like you got a nice harvest :)

Lookin forward to a smoke report.

Good job brother!
    ~ poke

15. Thanks for the kind words! :)

My smoke report can't be accurate, because I haven't smoked for over 15 years and I don't even remember what it tastes like. But my stuff has been curing for 2 weeks now, and to me it tastes pretty good. :) It's definitely the couch-lock type, and it makes me feel really lazy and relaxed.

I'm hoping to share some with a local stoner sometime (after it's done curing), to ask what they think of it.

16. I would rather hear the smoke report from someone who hasnt smoked in 15 years than any other experienced opinion.

Seriously :) Id videotape that event if possible lol

How exciting! :)

Please share that experience with us!

17. Lol! That cracks me up! :)

I've only been vaping very small amounts so far, just enough so that I start feeling it, because every day for weeks now I've been trying to avoid having to go to the ER due to my health problems. But if my health becomes a little more stable, which I'm hoping will happen sometime within the next few weeks, then I'll definitely take more and share a detailed report! :D

I got an Underdog vaporizer a few weeks ago, and I'm liking it a lot.

18. Thats awesome im glad youre enjoying vaporizing. I wasnt aware til today that you were a sick person. Im sorry for your struggle and i hope you feel better soon mate. Havent seen you much lately and didnt know why but all makes sense now.

Yeah man a video would be sublime :)

Just whenever you can let us know how this stuff compares to back in the day. Ill be around mate! Just subbed :)

19. #139 PP117, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    It looks like my mother plants have started flowering, even though they've been under 14-16 hours of light per day. Do you guys think it's possible that these might be autoflowering plants? (I'm not able to ask the person who gave me the seeds).

This is a picture of one of the tops. Does it look to you like it's starting to flower?
    IMG_0545.JPG

20. possible I guess, but strains like skunk can flower on 14 hrs.

up light to 18 hrs and see if it goes back to veg. if not then its an auto