PPs Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PP117, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Total newbie question: If someone randomly handed you a bag of 40 bagseeds (and you weren't able to talk to him about it), would you assume that they probably all came from the same batch of weed, and the same strain of plant? Or, since there are so many seeds (if 40 is a lot for bagseeds...), would you think it was possible that maybe some of them came from different sources, meaning that there might be a couple different strains in there?

2. I would lean towards "luck of the draw" for growing and not think about it much. With all the potential for males and hermies in that bunch I would likely toss em or give them to someone who had the resources to play the guessing game. You invest a lot of time and effort into growing.

3. even if they all came from the exact same plant (even the same bud), when grown they will all have there own characteristics and needs

damn that's a big word for me this early :p

4. I would like to share a picture of my grow area, to get some advice, but I don't want to post it publicly. Would anyone be kind enough to allow me to share it with them via PM, and then maybe they could tell me if it looks alright? I would prefer if it was a well-respected member who has been here at least a year, has a good amount of posts, has experience growing indoors, and who could delete the picture after seeing it. Thanks.

5. try the grow room setup thread, you will prolly get more response :)

or try pm loki or snoop they both know there stuff

6. Thanks! I'll try to PM loki or snoop.

7. No know it all bro, but you can happily pm it to me and I'll advise best I can :) just finished drawing up plans for my upcoming vegging area so I'm feeling kinda technically minded lol.

8. fuck yea

did it my whole first year

<-------pic is from unknown bag seeds  some nice bud for a first time harvest

9. Ahh, just read that you need somebody who has been around a year or so, don't fall into that category, so I would try and hit Snoop up, he knows his shit.

10. that's why I didn't offer, only been a member for a few months :p

just designed my new grow room for next grow. with a passive air flow through my new hanging and curing built in wardrobe. with room for a 2nd tent if I decide too :)

my son grown up and left home now so his room is my new grow area, will be much easier to control than the utitlity room :)
    will be pretty much the same as my granddads old set up

11. Snoop gave me some good advice. He suggested I have enough room to raise the growing table up a little. I did that just now, and now I have lots more room to see and feed the fish in the tank underneath the table. That made things a lot easier for me.

After a little more work on the system, I'm hoping to pop my 9 seedlings in tonight or tomorrow. I figure I can cull the males later on during pre-flower. And at that time I'll be able to see how many females I have left, and then decide how many I want to keep. I'm thinking the seedlings will grow faster and better in the aquaponics system, just as @[member="CanadianOrganic"] had suggested.

12. I started planting some of the seedlings into the grow rocks. I like how the roots look. I'm being very careful with them as I cover them with the rocks.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408545918.393554.jpg

13. Is there a way I could rename this thread? I would like to rename it so that it's my grow journal. There's no "edit" button on the first post I made. If I can't rename it, I guess I'll just start a new grow journal.

14. don't think so, my journal is still named  ........... 1 question lmao

You guys may have luck with what you want to do by contacting a moderator.

16. I just did that. Thanks! :)

17. I transplanted all 9 seedlings into the grow rocks today. The plants seemed to love the system. It really seemed like they were growing a noticeable amount every few hours. I'll share a picture sometime this week, after they get a little bigger.

I cleaned out some of the old plants from the buckets before putting in the new seedlings. It was nice to see lots of composting worms ("red wrigglers") crawling around the grow rocks. This is usually a sign of a healthy aquaponics system.

I have a webcam mounted on a wall in the grow tent, so that I can monitor the system whenever I want. I decided today to take some snapshots every day from that cam, so that I can make a time-lapse video at the end.

18. hmmm I have a few spare cctv cameras, got a 8 camera system for my house and only use 4.
    guess where im now going to put the other 4 ^^

19. I love being able to check on the plants from a mobile device!

You should try to save snapshots every day from your cams, so you can do a time-lapse thing too! :)

I don't know if this is relevant to you, but I researched about whether or not the infrared lights on the night-vision cameras will mess up the plants' darkness cycles, and most people were saying that the lights are too weak and of the wrong spectrum to be able to confuse the plants.

20. So far things seem to be going okay since I plugged the seedlings into the aquaponics system two days ago. I pasted below a picture of my largest seedling. It's about 2 weeks old. I have them under 2 600 watt metal halides.

BTW, for those that aren't familiar with it, aquaponics is where water from a fish tank is used for feeding/watering the plants. All I have to do is feed the fish once or twice a day, and the rest is taken care of automatically. Lots of growers also add liquid kelp to the tank about once a week, for additional micronutrients. But that's usually the only additive that is ever used, and it's generally considered good practice to keep the system as pure as possible.

It's not very popular yet among hobbyists, but is gaining in popularity every year. It's already known to be successful for many different types of garden plants, but is still considered experimental for cannabis.

p1.JPG