PPs Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PP117, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Currently my seedlings are under T5 fluorescents, getting about 30,000 lumens.

I just finished preparing my main grow area today, so now I have a choice to plug the rockwool cubes into an established (1 year old) aquaponics top-drip system, so that the roots can start growing into the rocks. They would be under 600 watt air-cooled MH lights, getting somewhere around 40,000 to 60,000 lumens (I tested with a light meter). 

Do you think it's better to keep the seedlings under the T5s in their cubes, or to put them under the MHs in the grow rocks? Either way I could keep the lighting on for the same amount of hours.

2. Throw em under the metal halide, however theyll need to acclimate to the change so keep the light pretty high. Maybe start at 2-3' above the plants.

3. Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't have known to be careful with the change of lighting. I could've burned them!

I ended up keeping them under the T5s for now, because so far I'm thinking I might want to determine their sex before throwing them into the system.

4. Up to you, my man! However they will grow much faster under the MH :)

5. 9 of the 18 seeds haven't sprouted yet, and the other 9 all sprouted together about a week ago. Do you think I should give the other 9 some more time, or should I just toss them now? I'm not too interested in getting more than 9 plants, because I think I want only 2-3 females.

Also, is there any way you can tell from this pic if this isn't a pure sativa? Does it look short enough so that it's most likely not a sativa? Or is it too early to say? For some reason I'm just afraid of getting huge plants.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408116319.488990.jpg

6. Way to early to say. You'll be able to tell once the true leaves grow in.
    I'd give them a few more days then say fuck it. You didn't buy the seeds, did you? I'd be pissed haha
    Well, you won't be able to tell if its pure anything but you'll get an idea.

7. Nope, didn't pay a penny for them. :) Besides not buying seeds, I've never even purchased weed in my entire life. I just want it for medicine (cancer, among other things), and also because it's a fun hobby.

I sniff them every day, waiting for them to start smelling, but so far I don't think there's a noticeable fragrance. I don't even know what it's supposed to smell like. :)

8. Is it bad if some of the cotyledons started turning brown? What does it mean? This only happened on 2 of the 9 plants.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408119364.779966.jpg

9. if this is your first grow why not try your setup on these and learn from them or grow them and work on your setup then next grow get good seeds if you think its worth it :) (it will be) all seeds have potential  to be what you make of them :) im doing exactly what my awnser is right now and have a grow journal if you wanna check it out 

10. #50 keyser_soze, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    They sound like awful human beings

11. Thanks! I subscribed to your journal. :)

12. I like you signature. Mind if I steal it and change bandos to banjos?! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Perfectly normal for the leaves to turn brown and eventually fall off looks like your doing a good job so far keep up the good work. 
    also thanks for following the journal id be happy to help if you have questions :)

14. perfectly normal, time to worry is when its the actual leafs.

my tooty fruity lost those in 2nd week my skunk still had them till I started flush :p

15. Do you think it's too late to plant any of my extra plants outdoors (when they get a little bigger)? I'm in USDA Zone 5, and my average first frost date is Oct 15th.

I'm guessing I'm too late, but I just wanted to double check.

16. end of flower would be November - december ? depends what they are really and assuming you do 4 weeks veg. best keep em indoors ^^

17. Definitely grow them, there could be some real gems in there.

18. I read Cervantes' Grow Bible last year, and I started reading it again this year after I learned I would start growing. I just did a forum search to see what people think of his book, and it seems people have good things to say about him. I'm glad I didn't pick the wrong book. I might try to download his DVD later.

19. If I wanted to make juice out of the male plants (for medicinal reasons), do you think I could get a good amount of growth if I put them outside to grow for about a month before the frosty weather sets in? Or do you think they would grow so slowly in Sept/Oct that it wouldn't be worth it?

20. #60 ProGMO, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Do it! My friend who does not smoke started growing from a small baggie he found while fishing. His plant can be seen in the "Heat Reduction and Beginners Luck" thread. His top cola is 3 inches high and pretty dense after his first pistil showed up 1AUG. he will end up surprising his freinds with freebies once he is done. he is crazy like that.