PPs Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PP117, Aug 6, 2014.

1. As a beginner to indoor gardening that has been seriously bitten by the bug I would most definitely grow mystery seeds from an unknown source, just to satisfy my natural curiousity!

Then again I did have a fleeting thought yesterday about inserting my manhood into coco and adding Ionic bloom, so my advice is probably not always the best to follow. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. you should do it and see if there's any growth bhahahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorely tempted mate....if I do I'll make sure I start a journal. Reckon if my main stem gains 30% there will be a lot of growers suddenly ditching their hydro setups! lol ;)

• Like Like x 1
    I took those odds.

..and it made all the difference.

• Like Like x 4
  5. #25 pikku nälkä, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Just don't stick your manhood into a glass of wine because the missus said it was too smelly to suck. Big mistake, believe me.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Hahaha how did you go about presenting THAT idea? Lol

7. I usually grow bagseeds. Got 5 plants right now, the way I look at it, I have 5 different strains for free that are just as potent as the popular strains.

buds, bitches and bandos :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. What do you think the chances are that random bagseeds will grow into a large outdoors plant that isn't suitable for indoors growing? Again this is assuming that I have absolutely no idea where the seeds came from, who was smoking it, and what they were smoking. All I know is that they came from a guy in the Midwest USA.

BTW I got some stems poking out of the rockwool now, and I'm guessing I'll see some cotyledons tonight! Yay! :)

9. I have 5 foot of growing hieght and use 100w cfl right now they wont get too tall, I never get pure sativa from bagseed. If they did id lst

• Like Like x 1
  10. #30 PP117, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    Only about half of the seeds germinated, and about half of those look slightly deformed. Do you think that's evidence the seeds weren't taken care of well?

The first pic is the best looking seedling. The other 3 are examples of the deformed ones. Do you see deformed ones like that in every batch? Or is it supposed to be rare?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407869227.673734.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407869245.191393.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407869263.905787.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407869278.855713.jpg

11. They all look fine to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Did you soak your rockwool cubes in 5.5 pH? ( I believe thats the proper ph, never used rockwool)
    Because usually twisting is from a high/low ph

13. Thanks Mitch!

Yeah, I soaked the cubes for 12 hours. But I think the pH of my soaking solution was closer to 6, so maybe it was a little high. That's a good point you brought up, and I'll keep it in mind.

I fed them (lightly) for the first time today, so maybe that'll help correct any pH issues.

14. Growing out bag seed is pretty fun. its 99% of the time going to be so much better than what it came from, it's not even funny. Also it's a good learning experience taking care of plants with unknown lineage.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #35 waktoo, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    @[member="PP117"]

You DO NOT need to feed plants that young.  Seedlings have enough stored nutrients in the cotyledons to last them through 2-3 leaf sets before needing to be fed chemical fertilizers.  I would suggest waiting until that time before doing so again.

I've seen many a "deformed" seedling grow into perfectly healthy plants.

I'd let your rockwool dry out a bit more between waterings.  Plants that young with undeveloped roots don't need much moisture...

I love growing bag seed!  It keeps the mystery in the relationship...  :ey:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks! I won't feed them again for a while then.

And I think you're correct that I might've been watering them too much. I was afraid I'd accidentally let them dry out (even though I check them frequently), so I think I've been overdoing it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Most seeds usually are deformed looking for the first week or two above ground. Its quite a struggle to break outta that seed casing, sometimes the cotyledons get stuck and you have to very gently take the seed casing off and it usually always causes a deformity. Its all good they grow out of it quick

• Like Like x 1
  18. Awesome! Good to know.

Do you think the very beginnings (first week of seedling stage) are a good indicator for how strong the plant will be later on? Like are you more likely to eventually cull the ones that started out deformed?

Yeah, you see how your cotyledons are curled over?  They should be sticking straight out.  Curled leaves, especially on young plants that have not been subject to over fertilization (don't worry, you should be fine), are a sure sign of overwatering.

I don't know if the ad is going to change, but check out the newly sprouted seedling at the bottom of the page (createseeds ad).

• Like Like x 1
  20. #40 Outraaageous, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    My buddy also is growing bagseed. Turned out to be some wonderful bud. This is the last pic he sent me
    So yes! Grow it!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1