True Aeroponics?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by houdinifog, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Looking good now man. Get some top shots so we see top growth along with bottom please, gives a better perspective. Sorry I didnt know you wrote me back. Im not notified unless you press that quote button before replying.

2. I am in the middle of moving right now. Top shots coming soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Lookin forward to updates!

4. #24 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    dude im fogging as we speak it in the experimental stage combined with 4 big airstones and a high powwered commercial air pump. 3.43 psi. 

5. Hybrid system? What size water droplets are you shooting for?

6. the microns are .4 i have 2 different fogging systems im testing both units before i add to my bloom tent. i fogged 846ppm no problem

• Like Like x 1
  7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409795123.903043.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409795144.152777.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409795162.369882.jpg
    These things probably shouldn't be alive...no light for 36 hours and the fogger ran dry for about 6 hours...

I just flipped them over to flower today...

8. .4 is real small which is good, but you probably need some in the 20-50 micron size to keep the roots moist.
    That seems really high ppm...I am running about 300 and just switching to about 350 for bloom.

9. i meant 4 micron sorry i am doing bubbleponics combined with fogging. the plants seem ok with it. i have a cloner set up as well. it is at 32ppms 6.2ph on 15 off 30 bubbleponics as well. u have to run a backup plan just in case.....im thinking of trying 2 foggers per tub. run 1 every 15 minutes with a 30 minute break. so 15 on 30 off then the other kicks on for 15. like i said i set one up last night and another today temps are ok i one, the bigger 10 gallon tub. its the 3 gallon one the cloner that temps reach 72.8 ouch thats close. i was 15 on 15 off 24/7 now im 15 on 30 off 24/7. when i convert bloom top feed drip dwc to include fogging, i will have to add 4 foggers and probably clean them 2 x a week.....i will max nutes out at 1000 ppm and see how it goes. plants that have been in fog overnight are looking real healthy nice soft to touch leaves.... :D

10. #30 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    are u blowing fog in from the bottom or is that rdwc? my tablet is dead otherwise id upload a photo on my tubs

11. #31 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    Heres my foggers
    No need to open them up I just made them the bigger one I had transplanted 1 week ago from coco so the roots are still transitioning the cloner they just got put in they have been in Dixie cups in super thrive for maybe 2 days.I should get results by friday
    Note roots were in coco transplant to pebbles had minor root problem then fed sea kelp in rez and stained roots dark brown roots starting to web up now

Attached Files:

12. You are doing fine ! Even if it doesn't work for a full grow , you will learn a lot that will enable you to perfect it !! Stick with it !!

13. There's a good amount of information researched by pod racer on icmag look up tag-landing it's 50+ pages. What I get from it is anything around 10-15 microns or lower doesnt support enough growth but does for bad bacteria and it ends up becoming a mess. Another is the spray times, after so much spraying it'll build up and defeat the purpose of having such a small particle size as well as decrease how much air is being supplied to the roots which is why it's cycled anywhere from 1sec-30 on and 2-5mins off depending on the setup.

14. Lookin great dude keep at it!

15. 30-80 microns is the ideal range, ultrasonic fogger territory is 5 microns.  Wispy roots are a sure sign that the droplet range is too small.

16. I don't know all that much about aeroponics, however I did make a 5 gallon "aero cloner" with a normal food grade bucket, a small submersible pump, a bit of tube, and a few small 360 degree sprayers.

I've had 99% success for clones through it. One died due to my real job. Had to leave for a while and didn't change water. Grand total was under 30$ to make and it's great. I do a 30 on 30 off schedule and when the roots get large enough I just switch to soil.

Only down side to it is the fact a 5 gallon bucket lid will only hold 7 clones in 2 inch net pots. Maybe a few more if you want, vs a propagation try that can hold 100 in small rock wool cubes. I think it would be nice to get a little better system like yours when it fogs instead of water drops that large, but for the price it's a nice setup.

Also you can make it larger for cheep so we might try that later on. Aero for clones is a huge step up from my first set up.

Once you decide to share a bit more on your setup if like to try it.

17. What does top growth look like