First Grow - Questions W/ Pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nbell1989, Aug 5, 2014.

Your plants aren't going to be ready in 4 weeks. If that's your deadline, then you might as well scrap the grow now until you have more time to commit. They are just now at the end of seedling stage. September 6th is just under a month from now. You won't be harvesting anything in a month, you'll just be at the point in veg when you can finally decide to flip in 12/12, on September 6th. From there, you have another 2 months. So harvest would be more like November 6th. Just being real with you bro. You can't rush nature that quick, we already do it fast enough in 3 months indoor.

With your new grow NGP has the right idea (quoted at the bottom of this post for reference). From seed to harvest on a photo strain, it'll be 3+ months. Autos take a few weeks less usually. Either way you're best off planning for a full grow. If you have ever smoked weed that has only flowered for a month, you'll understand why.

You say you want quantity and quality, both of those are achieved with full grows. YouTube some videos of grows during flowering and you'll see how much weight they put on in the last few weeks. Plus they get nice and frosty. If you grow yourself and do generally ok, you'll have quality weed. Quantity sort of depends on a lot. But you sure won't get it by harvesting early.

When seed companies say a plant gets 450 grams/meter^2 (3 feet by 3 feet, 9 square feet) they are telling you optimal results. I am pretty sure that also pertains to a well filled scrog net, under optimal lighting, with the right nutes... probably DWC too. This number should still be the dry weight. When you dry your trimmed bud it will generally lose 70-80% of it's weight. That's with fat, dense, healthy buds. Harvesting early can only diminish your chance of retaining 20-30% of your bud weight.

Continuing on, people usually seem to shoot for 1 gram per watt during a grow. This accounts only for the wattage of the bulbs, and rarely ever the fans, Air Conditioning/heat, or ballasts. I also don't know if they measure wet or dry, but I assume dry. Me? I haven't hit that number yet, and I have been growing for a while. So I try to grow better quality all of the time, but also (if I am looking for comparisons) try to beat my last grows yield (in relation to stuff like grams per watt dry, grams per watt everything included, plant number, type of grow, nutes used, etc.) Basically, I am trying to grow different ways to experiment and see what works best for ME. What style of grow is most fun for me. So it doesn't always work to compare, because there are so many variables.

So I think you should bite the bullet and keep getting your weed as you are, but start a fresh grow and wait it out. It will be worth it, lots of us would put money on it (especially in comparison to trying to grow a plant in a month, even if that was just counting the month for flowering).

How many autos did you usually grow to yield that?

I am going to buy a nice digital timer I think. I currently am using a few mechanical ones and they DO like to change time slightly. It's minimal and hasn't been a problem for me, but the whole knocking the timed switch to always on is an issue lol. Plus syncing them when they are only in 15 or 30 minute intervals is not the most fun task.

I do have a question for you though. When the power goes out, what does a digital timer do?

3. Mine maintains the timing when the power cuts off, brink digital have an internal battery. Those cheap mechanical timers are a nuisance, lol.

I grew 4 autoflowers under a 1kw to get that yield, bomb seeds is a good breeder and I would definitely buy their genetics again, got mine through attitude seedbank.

Impossible for any strain known to mankind. From seed to harvest you are looking at 14-16 weeks minimum. The seed plant has to sexually mature before it will begin to flower (5 to 6 weeks) then 8 to 10 weeks flowering. Once you have a mother plant to take clones off of you can speed up the process and flower the clone as soon as it is rooted.

5. Hope this works as planned :)
    uploadfromtaptalk1407566228123.jpg

6. I need help with my plants, I got pineapple kush plants when they were approx. 8" tall.  They went into flowering (white hairs?) then receded. Now they are approx. 3.5' tall, I have them in 10 gallon pots.  I don't quite understand the flowering stage and 12/12 cycle. I did not see flowering again , other than minimal white hairs on a few of the plants, so I put them on 12/12 cycle and there is minimal white hair.  My question is should they be on 12/12 cycle at this time and how long do I keep them on that? I am currently using flora nova grow for a nutrient and need to begin a product called massive bloom once they are in flowering stage. I just read that I should put bat guano on the top of the plant during flowering? My plants are leafy and look healthy but not shaping up into bud form yet?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

7. If you're seeing hairs and no bud formation. Its in preflower. And and stay in veg as long as you want. And take it to full flegded flowering. The you will want to use less nitrogen and more phosphate and potassium.
    It can veg as long as you want unless... Its an autoflower strain

8. Do NOT fees them nutes just yet mate, soil normaly has enough feed in it to last them roughly 4 weeks. Just keep to plain water for now

9. Should I do the 12 hrs light, 12 hrs. dark cycle.  I would like to harvest by oct. it gets cold here.

10. And should I give it the massive bloom, I am suppose to give it throughout the flowering cycle, or is preflower not the flowering cycle?

11. Yeah if you want it to be ready by Oct. Just watch your buds steadily and when you think its done all the growing it will do. Then harvest

12. Is preflower considered the flowering stage or what is it?

13. Preflower is a stage between veg and flower. Pretty much just preparing for flowering.

14. ok thank you!  I should wait then until flower before giving them that nutrient that I want to give them because it says to give it during the flowering cycle?

15. Yeah. And I would do a pH balance and flush during preflower. To ensure you get the nutrients you need to grow big beautiful buds in flowering

16. Also, when the plants flower do I stop the 12/12 cycle? And I am not sure if they are autoflowering plants, I should probably try to find that out. 

Ok I will, Thanks!!

17. You mean a flush with just water right? Sorry for hammering you but I need some advice.

18. Yeah. To wash out the high nitrogen levels. Me personally I will flush in preflower then give it some potassium (banana peels work pretty good). Then drop it to 12/12 And use a good phosphorous rich food.

19. How do I give them the banana peels?

20. Banana peel laying in your dirt. Water that banana peel!! And your dirt of course..