Mg Soil With Fox Farm Nutes

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by keyser_soze, Aug 5, 2014.

1. So from what I've found online, it's ok to use miracle grow soil, good even. But my question is; if the mg soil says it feeds plants with nutrients for x amount of weeks/months will using fox farm "grow big" in veg and tiger bloom in flower be adding too many nutes? Or mixing nutes that shouldn't be mixed? For instance when I put into flower I'd use tiger bloom for less nitrogen and more phosphorus ....But will the mg soil still be giving the roots a bunch of Nitrogen or a rediculous amount of P?

You will not need to feed until bloom.

3. Ok I'm planning on only vegging for a couple weeks. So feeding them "grow big" would be too much with the mg soil? Like it may burn or kill. But the tiger bloom in 12/12 flower is still ok?

4. I use fox farm soil i agree with the snoop

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The more water you add to mc soil with the label "feeds for 6 months" the more fertilizer it releases remember that. Sometimes has a low
    Ph
    Of 4.0. Mc is not best from my experience but yes It still works. If your gonna use other nutes I recommend you wait until the time it claims on the bag to pass by before adding other nutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. anp,5.
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Where did you hear it was good to use miracle gro? It's not 'good', it's ok to use but there are way better options and definitely better companies to give your money to. I would use Kelloggs if you can't source soil from a local nursery.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

9. #9 keyser_soze, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    from the many people who said it works. I'm not saying it's the best but there's been side by side tests and half the time mg won. It just depends on what kind you use and what you add to it perlite , castings etc. I thought it would be a huge no no and when I researched I found some swear by it even. Not the kind I was talking about tho!

10. There's so many forums smashing on miracle grow and many good ones people just hate the fertilizer companies out there but I will say it lacks other nutrients you can just simply add them ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh lord if you're using Miracle Gro I hope it's at least the organic soil.

Miracle gro soil stunted my seedlings for a month and caused such unpredictability that by the end of that month I decided to transplant into new soil.

I transplanted to Fox Farm Ocean Forest and it saved their lives.

1 month in Miracle Gro soil and my seedlings never saw real life, never grew taller than 2 inches.

A month in FFOF and now I'm 10 days into flowering lusciously bushy healthy girls.

MANY PEOPLE SAID WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY:

Sure it could work, but I'd avoid it at all costs.

At. All. Costs.

If I'd only listened T_T

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1314811-My-First-Indoor-Grow-And-Journal

I'll sell my inventions so everyone can be a hero, everyone can be super. And when everyone's super.. No one will be.