Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug Test For Cvs Pharmacy Technician Help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by indian_stoner, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Hello grasscity forums, 

I know there is a lot of info on here about drug testing and what-not but I come to you with a couple personal dilemmas, one regarding drug screening and the other regarding criminal background checks.

Yesterday (8/4/2014) I got a call from my local CVS saying that they were offering my the position I had interviewed for as a pharmacy technician. I just had to reply to an email saying I accepted the job offer and I would be hired for the position after a background check and drug screening were performed. 

1. my first dilemma is regarding the drug screening. I have been a chronic smoker for a few years (multiple times a day for 2 years). In anticipation for this new job as a pharmacy technician I have stopped smoking. The last time I smoked was 5/10/2014 (56 days ago). I have to take my drug screening at my local Quest Lab any day before 8/14/2014. If I take the test next Wednesday on 8/13/2014 I will have gone 64 days without smoking (my personal record since I started). I took a home drug test that I bought from Walgreens yesterday and a faint pink line showed up on the test which, according to the little booklet the test came with, means I passed the test (negative for THC). Will the test that the Quest Lab do be any different than the home drug test? Also, if anybody knows from personal experience, will I be required to submit a hair sample for a hair drug test? I have gotten 2 haircuts in the 56 day span of not smoking and could get one more before my test day. I'm pretty confident that I will pass any saliva/blood/urine tests done at the lab, but am unsure about my hair. 

2. About a month ago (7/8/2014) I was arrested for petty theft at a retail store I worked at. I did a return for a lady who didnt have a receipt for a toolbox set worth around $200. Later on in the day my manager told me that the toolbox I had returned was empty (didnt have any of the tools it was sold with). He disposed of the box. A few days later the stores Loss Prevention team confronted me because I did a no receipt return and gave a gift card to the lady for $200 (which is standard practice). however, because they said they had no record/inventory of the toolbox that it was classified under retail theft. I was arrested and booked/released. It wasn't considered a criminal charge, merely a civil disorder. The cops said on any job applications where it asked if I was convicted for a felony to say no because it was not a felony charge. Anyways. my court date for this is on 8/18/2014. CVS will be checking my background check before 8/18/2014, so I was wondering if this background check is done before my court date, will it show up on my background check??

Please help me from any personal experiences any of you have with the legal system and/or drug testing (specifically for a pharmacy position if possible).

2. You better delete this before burnafewdown comes in and starts whining about another drug test thread.
    There's a stickied thread at the top for drug test questions. Try going there for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. yeah ^ wrong thread :eek:

4. yea but this isn't only about drug testing. It's about background checks too

5. #5 Tokinsince2012, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    Background checks will most likely find anything in your record. especially for new jobs unfortunately. And you don't want to chance it not showing up before they go look. But if you go to the interview and explain what happened and you learned your lesson they may be lenient on you. It's always better to tell them about your charges in the past rather than them finding it in your records themselves. Know what I mean? As far as the drug test goes, go to the stickied thread and see what you get over there. Good luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum