Lets Bring Ebola Home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SlowMo, Aug 5, 2014.

1. http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/ebola-outbreak-deemed-a-global-health-emergency-by-who-1.2730931

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29437070

3. ^^^

I predict in a month or so we will start hearing a lot of talk of vaccines.

Vaccines will probly be available in a few months

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

and many will refuse them.

5. for.me it will be a matter of.cost.

Ill get it if I think the risk is high and I can afford it

I think I'll just stay inside for a while :eek:

7. Gotta work to pay that rent

Our busty state will more than likely pick up the vaccination tab, should it go that way.

Any large-scale influx of people that bypasses medical screenings constitutes a public health concern. Carriers of Ebola may or may not be in Mexico right now. How could we even know? Regardless, there is no logical defense for ANY political policies that would result in maintaining a porous national border in this day of terrorism and viral mobility.

10. Quarantine is extremely difficult. Vaccines are a better choice than border patrol and medical screening

Border control and vaccines aren't mutually exclusive. You can and should have both. Porous borders are an open invitation to a very unnecessary disaster. It's one of the more practical reasons that national borders even exist. 

12. #32 forty winks, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014

I think western world health bodies have learned much since SARS on screening and contaiment.  That was a steep learning curve.

13. More like our busty taxpayers. But I'd much rather pay for everyone's vaccinations - something we'd all benefit from - than be fleeced for shit like the $120 million in retirement and disability benefits paid out to federal employees who have died; or the $10 million program for bringing Sesame Street to Pakistan; or the U.S. Department of Agriculture's pissing away of a taxpayer dollars to serve up fine wines in China for wine tours and tastings for Chinese wine connoisseurs - which benefits only the current raft of political fraudsters and their cronies.

14. Anyone here hear about the experimental vaccine developed here in Canada?

15. NBC News - Friday, Oct 3, 2014 • Updated at 12:21 PM EDT -
    Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms Being Treated at Howard University Hospital in D.C.

"A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being treated at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C., a hospital spokesperson confirmed late Friday morning.
    \nThe patient had traveled to Nigeria recently.

That person has been admitted to the hospital in stable condition, and is being isolated and tested. The medical team is working with the CDC to determine whether the patient has Ebola.
    \n"In an abundance of caution, we have activated the appropriate infection control protocols, including isolating the patient," said hospital spokesperson Kerry-Ann Hamilton in a statement. "Our medical team continues to evaluate and monitor progress in close collaboration with the CDC and the Department of Health."
    \nHamilton did not share further details about the patient, citing privacy reasons, but said the hospital will provide updates as warranted."
    \nI wonder how many people this person has come in contact with since leaving Nigeria. 

16. Why are people acting like this is the end of the world. Yes obviously it's concerning but its not like an extremely contagious virus that spreads through the air or anything like that. I understand that it's a very deadly virus but that doesn't change the fact that it is much less likely to spread than many other viruses that will probably do a lot more damage and take a lot more lives.

The only reason Ebola gets attention is because of how crazy some of the symptoms are. Ebola are to viral diseases what mass murders are to violent crimes in this country. In reality they are both very small in terms of damage when compared to the more common occurrence yet they get all the media attention. I can understand why people are concerned and I could maybe understand limiting travel from some countries. However, it seems that there is a shit ton of fear mongering when it comes to this issue like pretty much every public health issue these days.

17. #37 xmaspoo, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/world/us-to-increase-production-of-experimental-drug-but-may-not-meet-demand.html?_r=0

Problem.Reaction.Solution.

Don't worry GC, DARPA is on the case!  Now be good little boys & girls and take your vaccines (that haven't been thoroughly tested), those nice pharmaceutical companies don't want your money, they have your health in mind!

18. They may just be.out for money, but tjey have a reputation to keep and.most of their products work

Given drugs ALWAYS have side effects, they are intended as temporary relief and healing.

I don't know why.you'd refuse an Ebola.vaccine if Ebola actually became an epidemic

19. Ebola won't come here and spread like crazy ever and it certainly won't be from Mexico.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Unfortunately EBOLA in 2014 has had most infections and deaths than any other year - granted the world is more vastly populated. So far the virus has spread to the UK, Italy, Africa, and the USA. I swear this virus is equipped for pandemic since it can spread before it even shows any symptoms - some scary shit.

I wrote a little more about it here, if anyone's interested.

http://kimb8094.hubpages.com/hub/Told-Ya-Bout-Ebola