Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Co2 Wax Crackles When Smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HaoleToke719, Aug 5, 2014.

1. #1 HaoleToke719, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    I picked up some Co2 hash today from a dispensary here in Colorado. They said they had this stuff and I had never heard of the Co2 extraction method before, so I gave it a shot. I won't lie, it's very potent and I am blazed as fuck right now, but the weird thing is that it was crackling when I took the dab. It kind of threw me off. Anyone else have any experience with this stuff?

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk Pro

2. Here's a pic of the stuff.

Attached Files:

3. Yeah that's normal, co2 oil generally has more moisture/water in it so it crackles a bit. I've only gotten the amber co2 that comes in the syringes though, and it melted super smoothly

4. Gotcha. Thanks

5. damn dude that looks like some bomb, I love that consistency. all the co2 stuff I've had was more of a crumble or honeycomb consistency, but I love waxes

6. If it really is CO2, then it is just water.  Needed to purge a bit more.  Let it sit with the lid off.  Most of the water will evaporate.