High Ratio Nutes Weekly Or Low Ratio Nutes Daily? Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Andres420, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Hello everyone, since I am a beginner in the world of applied nutrients, I just get into this dilema after buying some fertilizers. I have to water almost everyday cause the Sun is pretty strong, but I don't know when to put nutes. Right now 4 plants are flowering, one is still on vegetative stage, these are the nutes I use:

Miracle Grow: 15-30-15 (Flowering) *Instructions: once every 7 or 14 days*
    Happy Flower: 1.7-4-1.8 (Flowering) *Instructions: at least twice every week*
    Happy Flower: 11-8-7.5 (Vegetative, little pellets)

So, which flowering fertilizer would you recomend to use, Miracle Grow once a week or Happy Flower with every watering? Thanks!

2. I use Fox Farm products. They recommend every other watering. For me that means once a week. I would use the Happy Flower "flowering" nutes and follow the label. I have a real bias against using Miracle Grow. Their products are very un-organic, plus the parent company, Scott's and Monsanto are much better at killing things then growing things.

3. I know Miracle Grow has bad reputation, but I just can't find more brands of fertilizers with decent ratios of N-P-K for cannabis. I guess I'll stick to happy flower on every watering. For my next grow I'm totally switching to organics, easier, cheaper and healthier. Thanks, middleforker.

4. put your hand in boiling water for 1 minute....put your hand in lukewarm water for an hour...you choose ;)... when it comes to nutes , enough is perfect, more than that isn't.

5. You are right with that analogy, unixhelp :p. Also does anyone knows when will I notice changes in my plants? Yesterday I dreamed my plants had nute burns haha and I have been giving them a little more than I should, so I am expecting changes in the leaves (maybe?).