Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Marijuana Maintenance Help Stop Drinking?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by spliffhitter77, Aug 4, 2014.

1. I want to ever day. But i start a new job tomorrow. Had to pass a pre employment test and need to figure out their drug testing protocol before i start smoking again.

2. Must be a dam good job. Best luck. Don't let the hooks set in.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

3. I am a recovering alcoholic and I agree with moderation in MMJ. When I drank, I needed liquor daily to live with my demons. MMJ has really helped me evaluate and repulse my inside devils.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Yes, it helps. I'm 6 years sober, and mmj was key. Was swilling 3/4 gallon of whiskey a day and waist deep in bullshit of all types. A critical part of healing is self acknowledgment and forgiveness of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'm so happy for all of you guys. That's amazing that you had MMJ help you come down after so long. I recently stopped drinking just because I was tired of feeling like crap in the morning and getting the runs in the morning. haha.  I was addicted to some unmentionables as well, earlier this year due to some surgeries I had. I had to go back under the knife again 2 weeks ago and I said NO to pain meds and the MMJ has been great for pain management.

Congrats again, guys, and keep on!

6. Yes, it works for some people. I know an alcoholic that went on MM for years. He never drank again. But boy oh boy did he ever smoke weed! He used to smoke me under the table. He would wake up at 6am after smoking heavy the night before, and fire up a joint before he would even take a piss. Smoke that down, then another one on the way to work. How he did it, i'll never know. I could do the same, but i be goin back to bed instead of going to work!!

7. #27 solarion, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Interesting thread! I have a real problem with alcohol, impossible to stop as long it's available. The result always ends with a nightmare hangover with a week of terrible sickness, almost close for an emergency ambulance.. Decided to do something about it. Started a guerilla outdoor grow of mmj this spring and got a fantastic result in August. Now I'm sitting with mmj supply for a couple of years ahead. The thing is that I smoked a lot during teenage years at the end of the sixties and beginning of the seventies, after that I haven't touched it until now when I figured I have to do something about my insane drinking habit. Since the mmj were ready I haven't even been temptated to have a drink! Invested in a good portable vaporizer and I have to say :this is a revolutionary approach! As a bonus all problems with insomnia totally gone, to hell with all sleeping pills.. Well, this is me, after passing 60 year's old.. Curious to know if mmj has any negative effects in the long term and how often you can use it without consequences. Peace brothers an sisters!

8. #28 Tea_H_Sea, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    I had been in and out of AA for years and this year I found the perfect solution for me.  There is a tincture thread on here that I found a few months back. Ever since I started making marijuana tincture I have not had a desire to drink at all.  Most afternoons I take a small dose of tincture, a lot of times its a small enough dose to where I don't even get a buzz and it seems to get rid of my desire to drink.  I have talked to a few people about it because of the fact that I can take such a small dose and it eliminates the desire to drink.  I would bet someday (if they haven't already started working on it) there will be a pill you can take that contains some canabinoids that eleminate the desire to drink.  I haven't had a drink in 4 months because of the tincture.  Obviously I can take a much higher dose, and do most nights whether it's tincture, flower, or edibles, but the fact that the super small dose works as well as it does is a miracle.

9. Awesome. Thanks for the info! It truly is a miracle plant. Shame it has such a negative stigma.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

10. #30 Galaxy420, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    I think the only negative effects are depending to heavily on it psychologically. it is great to know the cannabis exists and that it is here to help out the human population but any thing we rely to heavily on will hold us back. respect your personal use and you will be fine.

as a side note, we all breathe air and cannot exist without it so how much of something in existence is actually a bad thing in relation to how we mingle and exist with said something???  who decides what to moderate and what not to moderate and even though not from direct experience we are experiencing everything all at once without even being aware of it?