300 Watt Led Cabinet Grow-Ww X Bb Ww X Skunk #1

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Lixx, Aug 3, 2014.

1. #21 Lixx, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    I bought mine off Amazon and then talked to them. He's a really nice guy. I don't know but you might can get a little discount if you buy direct.

2. Thanks man. I orderd mine from Amazon aswell. Ill see how one goes in a tent and may switch my closet over from 400 watt hid in a cooltube. Then ill forsure give him a call and deal with him thanks again and ill be checking in here frequently. The uv and ir spectrums is what sold me and aswell as not needing a different setup for stages of growth

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. No problem, man. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I don't have a laundry list of other LED's that I've tried to compare it to but I also have no regrets about that purchase. They suggest that you run it all full power all the time once your pants get acclimated. About 5 days approx. But what I do since I'm always checking on my plants around the time the lights come on and go off is... An hour or two before the lights go off, I switch the light to veg spectrum only, kind of relaxing the plants into the evening. And then in the morning it stays that way for 1-2 hours and I switch it back on full spectrum.I know that this is pointless but I treat my plants like the ladies they are (until one of 'em pulls down they pants and shows some nuts)! Lol! It also helps a little with the temp but I do plan on doing this through flower as well with just flipping on the bloom switch only just before lights go off. Just a little "pampering". Enjoy and keep checking back

4. Great grow cabinet! Have been researching LED grows and can't wait to see your results- keep the posts coming.

5. Will do @[member="gweed"]! They are all into the net now! Having to bend down quite a few. Remember they are only 30 days old today and over 1 ft tall with tight spacing and little stretching except for the crazy branching on the SK#1. That thing couldn't wait to get big. I am worried about males though as we all are when growing from seed. I plan on going 4 weeks (2 completed already) of veg on top of the 14 days in seedling, but I may cut that short. This is my first LED grow and the best thing I have ever vegged under is a 250 watt MH. It has always been nice but these things are growing fast under this LED! Like I said I have very little to compare this experience to say I'm not trying to get an LED VS HID battle going or anything. I just like my results thus far. Zall I'm sayin'! Pics and more updates will come. Just going to let it go a few more days so you can guys can see a crazy difference. But... All is well! Peace guys!

6. Ur grow is lookin good so far Lixx!  I cant wait to start mine.. I just got my DS200 from amazon today. It is pretty BRIGHT and seems to be made from quality materials inside. Even though I haven't started my grow yet, It looks like money well spent! :metal:   Ill need 1 more of these when I start flowering. The size of it is perfect.

I'm still waitin for my GL80L tent, Canna coco, and inline fan to be delivered.. so until I get the tent, I gotta hold off on my journal lol.

50/50 Coco/perlite Multi-Strain Hempy coming VERY SOON! :smoking:

7. Awesome @[member="maxheat"]! I agree about the light. Solid. While you are waiting on your other stuff, check out their website. It's up now and it's got some cool info on the PAR of the light at different heights. Worth checking out! Also on their site, they are advertising a 5 YEAR WARRANTY instead of the 3 advertised on Amazon. I'm gonna give em a call and see if my light can be covered under that as well. I've called a few times. We are on a first name basis over there at Platinum now. Lol!

platinumgrowlights.com

And let me know when you get started. I'd love to see some more grows that I can relate to.

8. Day 32:

I did some "lollipopping". I also lowered the scrog net back down to 10 inches. I had moved it up to 12 from 10. But I think 2 inches might be valuable later. lol. The SK#1 is a bush. The branching is really nice. Not so much on the BB. I think because the fan leaves are huge on it, blocking light. I'm still playing with this light to get the best "footprint". They recommend as close as 6in. and I was at 8in. but I backed it off a few inches to see if they stretch to it or keep tight spacing.

Day 33:

I watered today with 1gallon per plant with 18ml of Botanicare PureGrow and 5 ml of Cal/Mag per gallon as the dosage on the bottles for the week I'm currently in says. Just following directions on the labels. I think Botanicare nutes are weaker than a lot of stuff out there so I've reasoned that must be why most people that use them just use as directed. I pH'ed the water at 6.0 and ppm's were close to 1400. I used my tap water which is 75ppm and considered pretty good by most standards. I think 1400 was a little high as the last watering with 15ml of Puregrow and Cal/mag was around 800. The extra 3ml  plus my tap watered really pushed that number up but I said "WTF". They seem fine and they can probably take it. This IS the last veg nutes that they would be getting before going into flower. I plan to just use straight pH'ed water for the last watering before flipping 12/12. Then on to the bloom nutes. Temps and humidity are a very steady factor lately with the current setup. Temps 77-79. Humidity 45-65%.

Day 35:

Man... the plants are doing awesome. I have seen a couple(literally just 2-3) brownish tips but right now I'm not sweatin' it. The next watering is just water and then they're going 12/12. I planned on going 4 weeks in veg just as a reference point from other grows but these things are growing faster than I could have ever expected. Technically speaking the plants are 35 days from the day they sprouted their cotyledons. I considered the first 14 days a seedling phase and planned on 28 more days in veg before flipping. 42 day old plants, not far from naturally showing preflowers. But.. as you'll soon see I'm almost out of room already! I might leave them a few more days but I don't know about another full week. We'll see? Other than the pictures below, there isn't much else to say. They're healthy and happy as far as I can tell. Flipping... Soon. TBA!

109.JPG 7 Days Ago

P1080604.JPG
    P1080605.JPG  Today!!!
    P1080606.JPG
    P1080608.JPG

Peace Guys!

9. Nice man looks great. Lights here tomorrow ;)

10. Grow looks great! I just moved into a new home and are looking to setup my first grow. The LED technology looks to be a viable option now. Hope to begin in September.

11. Just remember to try and find as many different bands or spectrums as you can. They say red and blue will grow and they will but plants need smaller amounts of all different colors in the spectrum. Plus look for UV and Infrared, as they are becoming more and more available. My light is listed on here several times and has all those things. NOT just red and blue. I'm not knocking those lights. Technology has just gotten better and more affordable. This isn't even the cutting edge in LED technology. Check out all WHITE LED's and Chip On Board(COB) technology. But that technology is super expensive right now. I think you CAN grow MJ with LED's no doubt. I think plenty of folks have proven that on here already. Just get the best you can that you can afford now and hope that its not yesterday's news next week! Lol!

12. Day 37:

Watered with distilled water. 0 ppm and pH of 6.3. I ran a little extra water through them to get a little extra runoff. Not anything excessive. Just a "little flush" of those veg nutes that I think were a little strong last time. No signs of nute burn or anything but the 1400 ppm seemed a little high? Anyway... I broke a branch on the BB plant but it worked out like a topping. Just lucky! Not too much lost. Its probably going to happen when scrogging, I figure. Best be prepared not to freak out. Duct tape is a champ when the branch doesn't break all the way. The screen is about 70-75% full today and I'm still laying branches over but running out of available space in some areas.

Day 38:

I flipped my timer last night to go off 3 hours earlier. And then I flipped it to go 3 hours less this morning. So... We are officially on the 1st Day of Flower! 12/!12 I'm running out of room in this cabinet. I could easily have filled it out with one plant but I'm still waiting on sex so, you never know. I would love to HAVE to make it work with 2! But, I think 37 days in veg from seed will suffice. They seem strong and healthy. 

P1080610.JPG
    P1080609.JPG
    P1080611.JPG

Peace guys!

13. Looks excellent got my light. Waiting on my tent to put it in

14. After a little wait the tent arrived so I had something to put the light in. Super bright! Lets put it to he test. Thanks for the inspiration lixx. Putting the rest of her sisters in now. 12 total. Hindu kush good for the pain

Attached Files:

15. Very nice! I hope you like it. Let me know if you start a journal or anything. Good luck!

16. Day 42: (5 of 12/12)

I am about to water with the first bloom nutes. Botanicare PureBloom. I'm going to use a 2/3 strength and a 5ml dose of Cal/Mag. The plants look really good. Growing like weeds. Lol. Nothing too much has changed since the last picture update but I'm going to throw a few up anyway. The net is filling out a little more and the canopy is leveling off pretty nicely. Lots of tops. I can count 45-50 without pushing anything out of the way to see better. AS LONG AS THEY'RE GIRLS, I think I'll be happy with the yield from this little LED grow. BUT... We are still waiting. I think I can see some signs of preflowers on the BB but it may be wishful thinking at this point too. This is always an exciting and long part of a seed grow. WAITING...! Maybe in a week or so I'll be able to let you guys know. I do have a backup plan if they do end up male. I started 4 more seedlings in a smaller veg cabinet 14 days ago. So they are starting 1st week of veg now. I'll use those if something were to happen. I'll wait to transplant these seedlings until much later to save on space. Thats the one thing I may have OVER done(pot size). I figured they were around 5 gallon but I recently saw in another post that they are 7. That's probably overkill for this cabinet. I might could fit 3-4 Much smaller plants. Something to play with! In the future I'm going to try to veg and sex 4 plants before deciding on which 1-2 to go with in the end. I tried that this time if you'll remember back to the first post, but had a runt and a miscue on germination. Anyway... Here are some pics from today.

P1080619.JPG
    P1080640.JPG
    P1080638.JPG

Peace Guys!

17. Day 45: (8 of 12/12)

Lots to update. I'll Just get to it. Good news, bad news. Bad News is that the SK#1 is a male. :cry: The good news is the BB is leaning more towards female. No hairs yet but you can see where they will come from. When you have a male right next to it to compare, they just don't look the same. Pics below. It's not really bad news, just part of the process. It just always seems so unnatural to harm a beautiful healthy plant on purpose. I now have half of a cabinet to work with which is what I initially wanted anyway because I want to be somewhat perpetual. I have those 4 veggers (18 days now). Another WW x Big Bud from feminisedseeds, another WW x SK#1 from Herbies (free seed, regular), and 2 Blue Diesels (regular). I was given these by a friend but have smoked some from a previous harvest of his. Amazing! :smoke:  In 2-3 weeks I'll sex them and by the time the BB is in it's 4-5 week of flower, I'll throw the front runner of those 4 in with it. And just keep doing that infinitely in theory, Lol! :metal: So.. not a loss really or a setback. Really just part of the plan. I only hoped one to be female and I think I got it. So now that the setup is up and running, I think there will be plenty more to come. Now it's the 300 Watt LED Perpetual cabinet! I did make some changes with the departure. I opted out of the scrog for the time being. It has trained the plant pretty nicely. But I needed to center it and once it was out of the net, it just looked proper. Plus,I think with this perpetual idea, it's just going to be easier without it. I could do a 1 plant scrog in there nicely! I took the opportunity to clean and vacuum once I had the net out and got everything tidied up. So... That's the plan. That's the current situation. Onward we go!

P1080655.JPG BB on the left, SK#1 on the right.

P1080643.JPG P1080644.JPG Sk#1

P1080657.JPG NIce root system on the SK#1

P1080653.JPG P1080654.JPG WW x Big Bud

P1080645.JPG MIni Nanners :cry:

P1080651.JPG I hope a couple hairs pop outta here in a day or so!

P1080659.JPG P1080658.JPG Current Setup

P1080660.JPG Clockwise From back left: SK#1, Blue Diesel, Blue Diesel, WWxBB

P1080661.JPG Surprise clone from the BB. I broke a branch a couple weeks back. It worked out like topping. A few days later, I just took it as a clone. Doing nicely!

Peace guys! Stay Tuned!

18. #39 Ironhead, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Lookin good dude! I got a couple of those White Widow x Big Bud seeds layin around.. maybe I'll dunk some down here soon, yours looks real nice.

Sucks about the male, but like you said, them's the breaks! :p

I'm subbed up fo sho. :bongin:

19. Thanks a lot for checking it out. Like I said, I appreciate your opinion! Yeah, no worries about the male. This "assembly line" style grow is what I was hoping for initially but I had to start with a female so... Start as many as you can handle to begin with, right. I started 4 but quickly was down to these two. I won't be so quick to decide this time. I'll let all 4 go until I can sex before deciding. It should move along okay now that I have the cycle going. I estimate to be able to harvest 1 plant every 4-5 weeks. Now I just gotta lock down some new strains. I am excited about the Blue Diesel though. I just remember the smoke! :bongin: Any ideas on something that might work well in that cabinet space. Remember I want to be able to put 2 in there at a time 4 weeks apart in flower. Thanks again and welcome!