Another Noob And His First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mop420head, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Here we go. Another noob (me). Anyways been medicating for over a decade and now finally going to try and make my own. Figured I burned up enough of others hard work. Trying to keep it simple. Got some bag seed from a buddy and a 135w black star led. Got a biobizz starter kit (if anyone has used biobizz I would love some feedback). And I will probably regret cheaping on soil. Got some vigoro potting soil from Home Depot. Here's some pics, germanating went great, used the paper towel method. Here is my little babies. Sprouted about 5 days ago. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407000046.208023.jpg

2. #2 mop420head, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    Its also really dry and hot where I live, I bought a fan and humidifier. With that I have gotten my closet to about 84 degrees and 55-60% humidity. Plants seem to be doing fine with it, hopfully they grow some in the next few days and I can get some new pics up.

3. Hey bud...I'm here for the ride!

I'd suggest that you get your thermometer closer to your plants and level with your canopy. That's the temp that you want. I'm in the MidWest so I know how hot it can get! I keep my AC blasting 24/7 and that keep it stable but also ran my electric bill up..lol the only real thing you can do is keep a circulating fan on her and try to find a way to vent your closet..get your exhaust fan as high as possible, hot air rises so that's the air you want out! Oh! And you can put ice water in your humidifier..that should help as well.

As far as your soil...dnt really kno much about bagged soil. You may end up having to add nutes...do your research on that one!

4. Im Subbed!!! Good luck dude, looking good so far.

5. #9 mop420head, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    Shout me if need help with biobizz, I've been using the starter pack for my last few grows and had good results with it.
    Just don't use the biobizz to early into your grow.

Subbed up too!

7. Ok, I've never used root juice but go easy on it.
    What biobizz have you got? I'm using biogrow, biogrow bloom and topmax.

8. #14 mop420head, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    Not sure, I've always used it on my 1st and 2nd grow.
    I noticed it did help my first photo plant WW, but am not really seeing much difference in growth with my current autos.
    I've used it more in the last say 5 weeks of flowering, but also keep using small dose of biogrow and full strength biobloom.

10. Right on man I'll keep in mind using small amounts of the bio grow when I get to flower. I added a small amount of bio heaven with the root juice and it seemed to perk up the plants a little bit. I'll let you know in the future how it goes but a lot of people on the forums recommended that stuff.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323166-another-noob-his-first-grow.html

11. #20 gingerb, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    I've never tried bio heaven, have you got a bio bizz nute schedule?
    I can post you a PDF to download if you want one.

Once your autos start flowering, things get interesting.
    Enjoy your grow, it starts to get addictive belive me.