172W Cfl With Bagseeds.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by VeritableHypocrisy, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Yes I can see they are healthy,you got to send me a nug via mail lol jk....on a serious note,is this your first time growing?

• Like Like x 1
  2. When it's legal I'd be more than glad to. But.. When it's legal I'll be doing some over-wintering in the box, and in spring taking plants outdoors to result in massive ladies. I started growing for my personal mental health problems in December. The pictures at the top of the thread were from that grow. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Time for another visual update! Things are starting to explode with growth. So, for starters.. I love my cheap thermometer/hygrometer, but a single part of the screen has failed. Now I can't read current temps as easily. My temperatures are a little high, but this weed mostly came from places where it grew in extremely hot temperatures. I'm sure that 91 is not nearly as bad as Mexico.

new - Copy.jpg

So, I've been gardening on the side and ended up with this. It's some sort of Turmeric, apparently.

0825141913a - Copy.jpg

Now for the seedlings. We have a smaller and a larger, both started at the same time. The smaller had some nute burn when I first transplanted it. It's fine, though. The larger is a rather curious thing. Check out the branches!

new (7) - Copy.jpg new (8) - Copy.jpg new (9) - Copy.jpg

Here's the largest of the ladies in progress. She shall be queen!
    new (1) - Copy.jpg new (2) - Copy.jpg new (6) - Copy.jpg

Here's the one with a bit of nute burn on the bottom of the main leaves, but it's recovered fine. It went from sterile soil to nutrients, which can do that to some plants.
    new (3) - Copy.jpg

Here's my little Y bush as well~!
    new (4) - Copy.jpg
    new (5) - Copy.jpg

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

4. I am starting to think that maybe I should give that bushy plant a week or two to just grow, and throw it in flower chamber alone, whilst the others can sit in the veg chamber. Hmmm.. Opinions? It's already got a large number of tops coming out; I just wanted them to get a few inches longer before I flower it.

5. Looks healthy to me. Real healthy. I dont see nute burn maybe im not lookin close enough.

These look good for so little wattage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can't even see that one plant because it's a BUSH! You should clean it up a little, if you flower that bush within a week it's not going to yield that much, going 2 weeks instead of 1 would likely double your yield by just waiting an extra week

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will probably be waiting a couple more weeks, at least. I need to finish some work on my other box anyway. I am not looking for any major yield, just enough from all these plants to get from one grow to the next. An ounce would suffice, as it takes me a week to smoke a gram of highs at the moment. I smoke 2-3 times on the weekend, that is it.

Instead of defoliation, I've been tucking the leaves under the branches. Seems to be working so far.

Thanks! The nute burn was on the bottom leaves, the very bottom ones. You actually had to look to see it, so I went ahead and let them be burnt for a bit. I will remove them when it's time to remove them.

Their total wattage at the moment is actually under 100. It's 4x23watt 6500k CFLs. 

Soon I need to begin to LST the side-branching of that bush. 

8. #28 Rootsphere_Farms, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    You'll have to go the extra 2 weeks for her to bring in at least an ounce dried, tucking the leaves works as well, there may be a slight PH problem in that one plant with twisted tips, and the bottom yellowing leaves are probably from nitrogen deficiency, she eats herself from the bottom up, what are you feedin her, most likely a PH related issue

9. #29 VeritableHypocrisy, Aug 27, 2014
    It's a soil I have made. Sounds like I may need to just add a tad more manure. However, I cannot measure the PH currently. Don't have the $10 to get a PH checker, believe it or not. If I had $20 right now, it'd probably go towards a dimebag out of what a friend brought back from Co., then a ph checker. Lol

I also don't really feed the plants. It's more of a water-only with occasional teas and molasses grow.

10. You dont have to measure ph at all.

Use dolomite lime to bring the soil to 7 and things will work themselves out usually.

Good advice@[member="JTRX"]

11. Alright. I've got some garden lime, would that work? Mind you it is powdered.

12. #32 rain dancer, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    As long as it is "dolomite" lime. It's imperative you dont use another kind.

Mix it with water next time you feed/water.

13. How much should I use per gallon of water? It is, in fact, pulverized dolomitic limestone.

14. Theres typically directions on the package. I just add a couple spoonfuls of the granules to some water. If theres not much improvement over a week, i add more.

15. #35 VeritableHypocrisy, Aug 27, 2014
    Alrighty. This is one of those 100lb bags of it for farmers, it doesn't exactly have instructions on it. Lol

16. Gotcha, well just put two or three table spoons in the water. Let it dissolve, mix it up and feed it to all of them. Wont hurt anything, might even improve some stuff. No need to use it all at once either. Label the jug and save it for down the road.

17. Alright. Let me do that. Today is watering day anyway!

18. Done. I added a little fish emulsion for the extra nitrogen, as well as a pinch of epsom salt. That's about all I really throw in my water, other than the usual molasses, which I actually use once every 3 waterings to feed the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  19. They should look a lot healthier after you water em this time :)

20. #40 VeritableHypocrisy, Aug 27, 2014
    Hopefully. They won't need horribly much nitrogen, but I will say that my main concern is the crinkliness. They tend to straight their leaves out right before flower for me, but I bet you guys are right on with the lime. If so I'll apply it to the soil I have cooking, too.