Plant Sitting, Need Help Identifying A Problem.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Hilbert Effect, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Hello all!

I'm currently plant sitting for somebody and I need help identifying a problem, hopefully before they come back so I don't catch the heat. Haha.

When saying "he" or "his" I'm referring to the owner of these plants who got them started and growing.

I can't provide much information which is why I'm here. Ill tell you what I can

Seeds were bag seed

Soil is a mixture he made, very sloppy like (it's his first grow) most of it was garden soil from his existing, very healthy garden, until he added a butt load of manure and other random household things that I'm not aware of.

Currently watering with hose from outside, so city tap.

He did use miracle grow ferts at some point I know, until I told him to discontinue the use.

I'm heading over to my local grow shop to have them ph test the tap water and run-offs from both pots.

The babies are by now I'd say roughly 2 months old. Maybe a little more

They were originally in the garden but stunted the growth of everything around them so he xplanted them into these pots, unsure of the size.

Sorry for the absolute lack of information but I'm in the dark with this one as well.

Here's a pic of the main bush
    image.jpg

A pic of the smaller bush
    image.jpg

The following are picture from the main bush.

This is a higher leaf
    image.jpg

Lower leaf
    image.jpg

More lower leaf
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Now this is on the other bush, looks like a different problem all together
    image.jpg image.jpg

And this is the fert he was using for awhile
    image.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Let us fix this so the owner can come home to some really healthy happy plants ;) and for the plants sake too haha.

I will update this post with PH test results in a few hours.

Thank you, peace!

2. #2 snoopdog6502, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    Feed for bloom and add cal mag.

They have a phosphorus deficiency. So the bloom formula.

You dont know what you are doing so dont go fucking with them too much.

Water the fuckers. Dont go fucking with PH on a dirt grow.

By the way miracle grow works fine if you know what you are doing. Its not great but works.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you for the timely post!

What exactly do you mean by "feed for bloom"? I know what Cal-Mag is and i was actually going to pick some up shortly here when i go to the local shop. 

Any recommendations on a good phosphorus boost? Is it called "Bloom Formula"?

Exactly, I'm really not trying to mess around with these that much. Every time I've done a soil grow i didn't have to even think about nutrients until the thing is ready to flower. Let alone be concerned with the PH. The only reason I'm worried is that he blended his own soil using a large portion of manure, garden soil and miracle grow mixture. It seems like a bit much. Kind of blindly throwing things together. Then with adding miracle grow water nutrients on top of all that. Keep in mind the plants only 2 months old, and being watered with Tap water, which around here tend to be pretty hard.

I always have done organic grows, that's why I'm personally opposed to using miracle grow.

Are you saying that checking the PH for soil grows is pointless?

Thanks for the information though, i don't think i would have thought of a phosphorus deficiency.

• Like Like x 1
    Cheap shit is Alaska Mor-Bloom 0-20-20 works fine again not the best but works

PH testing soil is ridiculous. You have to water to run off to even test it so you drown the plant. To change the PH you have to water even more and then its hit or miss. If you want to PH the water you do use to 6.5 then that could do no harm.

I grew 30+ years before I bought PH meter to do hydro and even then I test weekly if that.

The magnesium is cool stuff at the center of a chlorophyll compound is a magnesium molecule. :) It makes it real important.