Parts Of Leaf Crimping/folding Up?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by camberwellcarrot, Aug 1, 2014.

1. #1 camberwellcarrot, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    Hi all,

This is the first time I've ever attempted to grow or cultivate.. The weather has been consistently good this summer (25 Celsius everyday on average) and so i decided to try and grow outside with an auto flowering lowryder strain, the plant is almost two weeks old and I am just using standard multi-purpose compost I got from my local garden centre in a 1 gallon pot, watering with tap water every 3/4 days when the soil dries on top. I also noticed that the leaves tend to droop at nighttime but I don't have a great picture of this, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is this a genetic thing or a problem with my growing method?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406904119.024675.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406904091.273041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406909402.337384.jpg I've also started to notice this slight discolouration on the leaves? I've had to move it indoor a few times when it has rained could that be it or is it to do with the nutes or lack of? Please any help would be appreciated!!

3. Please will anyone help?!

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406978585.869890.jpg

Spots of yellow/brown discolouration seem to be more prominent today I've also posted a picture of my other plant ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406978650.795025.jpg

5. Ok guys so I've just done a soil ph test and it has come out quite dark green.. My soils ph must be too high according to this kit and perhaps this is what is causing my problems? What is the best solution for this simply just add something to the soil to lower the ph? Pref something organic???? [
    attachment=1519318:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406985665.717545.jpg]

Attached Files:

6. Did your test sit for a bit? The bottom is the soil in your tester, the middle looks ideal like a 7ph and the top may have debris and shit making it look a bit darker? Not suggested for regular use, but you may be able to add a tsp of lemon juice to properly ph'd water ( tap water left out uncovered for 48 hours ) about a gallon. The acidity of the lemon may help you bring it down a bit. I would re-test, making sure you use the proper amounts of soil and water, and when reading your test, don't hold up to sunlight directly, just have natural light hitting it for best colour identification.