Goodland Gardening Growers Gold Supersoil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by High Brix, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hey GC,

Had to shut down my indoor set up about 6 months ago. :mad: My son ended up moving back in and took my growing space. After months of construction, my new flower room is back in action!

This run I am using GoodLand Gardening Growers Gold Supersoil. It is a heavily amended bagged soil that I picked up at GoodLand Garden Supply in Goleta, CA. I am very surprised how this soil is holding up thus far. :yay:  

I am running Bubba Kush, GDP, Chem 4 and Green Crack, all cuttings from a good friend. I am also running some TGA gear seed plants. These consist of Conspiracy Kush, Quantum Kush, Jesus OG, Mickey Kush and Professor Chaos. I will be selecting some of these varieties to mother up.

On week 2 of flower. Everything looking great! :hello:

Have a good one!

Brix

Attached Files:

• 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      968.3 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Looks damn good. Haven't heard of that soil before. Interested to see the results. Best vibes

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 waktoo, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Nice set up, Brix.  How much cash did it set you back buying the soil to fill all those pots?

That's gonna' be a hella' trim job when the time comes...

• Like Like x 2
  4. wow thats awesome..

• Like Like x 1
  5. nice work dude!

lol @ Jesus Kush..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jesus...this is beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 CanadianOrganic, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    Also that soil looks amazing.

Also are you just using the one carbon filter? Is that sufficent?

8. Hello GC,

Thanks for the kind words from those who are following. :hello:

For those who are interested,  I'm using 12 - 1000 watt HPS lamps. Each bank of 6 lights are air cooled with a 6" Vortex fan and the room utilizes constant air flow for C02. I am using 5, 7 and 10 gallon black plastic pots. I try to make everything as simple as possible and my system seems to work best by not overthinking everything. :confused:  

I am super cropping most plants on this run to allow for even lighting. Most plants have already been skirted, but might need a little skirting again.

Dank aromas are already present so I think there will be some quality phenotypes. :yay:

Back to work,

Brix  

• Like Like x 1
    Yea, this soil is the bomb. I really lucked out. A friend turned me on to this soil. His last run, he used water only with the Growers Gold and had exceptional results. I have not applied nutrients thus far, but intend to give them a PK boost at some point.

I am using only one 12" x 40" carbon filter with a 1040 cfm fan. So far so good, no smell and humidity is staying at proper levels. 

Brix

• Like Like x 1
    The cost of the soil was a little over $700.00.

Yea, not exactly looking forward to all that trimming, but I will find the time.

Brix    

• Like Like x 1
  11. Beautiful set up. 

How much soil did you get for that amount of money?

Hey GiMiK,

How are you doing these days?

I purchased a little over 50 bags. $14.00 per bag. The company is giving a promotional price through September I think.

Have a good day!

Brix

13. Hello GC,

I was very happy to get a cut of the Kyle Kushman Oregon Silver this weekend. This sativa phenotype is a fast finisher and a very special Super Silver Haze. It is known to turn purple and tests around 26% THC.

Put her in some Growers Gold and she is happy!

Looking forward to put this lady in the line up soon. :yay:

Have a good one!

Brix  

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      644.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      730.6 KB
      Views:
  14. Hello GC,

Things are going crazy in the garden! I have spread out the ladies into every open space, even the walkway. A pain in the ass to take care of but think it will work out nice in the end. Plants are flowering very fast. Some plants are very frosty at a very early stage. Everything looking fantastic! 

Busy at work and in the garden but will try to update more often.

Happy gardening all!

Brix  

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      941.7 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      426.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Hey GC,

Well I broke my camera, the room ended up getting infested with spider mites from some of the clones I was given and the lack of care made a difficult first run. I was lucky for the quality and yield that I ended up with and am thankful for that.

The stars of the show were the TGA genetics. I selected a few very nice phenos for the upcoming runs and look forward to see them grown without problems.

The GoodLand Growers Gold soil is amazing. I fed four times during flower and gave them straight water the rest of the run. They ended up finishing with a perfect fade despite being sucked dry by the mites.

This current run I am using half of GoodLand Superchared Mix on the bottom of the container and the other half Growers Gold on the top. They say the Supercharged mix is the best thing since baked bread. On week 4 of flower and plants are perfect so far. Mites have  been eliminated and flowers are stacking.

I will update soon with pictures of the current run,

Brix   

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      488.4 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      498.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      497.4 KB
      Views:
    • DSC_010.jpg
      DSC_010.jpg
      File size:
      719.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. #16 GiMiK, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    Have you looked into the benefits of using cold pressed neem oil and pressed neem seed as a preventative measure against pathogens and pests? Steam distilled essential oils also work very well as a tool to eradicate mites, at a minimum. 

Another question; why not source the raw material themselves in bulk and save yourself money, time and stress by creating your own soil mixture following the advice given all over this forum? 

• Like Like x 2
    Yes, neem is good stuff! I have used it many times and agree it works well as a foliar and would be great in the soil for both pathogens and nutrients as well. I also use essential oils with a vegetable carrier oil that really knocks down mites and also works for controlling powdery mildew too. 

As far as mixing the amendments into the soil or making soil from scratch. Its a lot of work to mix up the amount of soil I am using and I do not have the space to store it between runs. It's true that reusing the soil and amending it again would save money, but I donate the used soil to others who have limited funds and medical needs, so it's all good.

I have seen a lot of good soil formulations on Grasscity but none of them come in a bag ready to plant. It's great to be able to buy supersoil that works so well. I'm trying GoodLands supercharged mix next. I expect huge yields of frosty dank buds. 

No stress here my friend. Have a good one! 

Brix

• Like Like x 2
  18. I don't think you have enough plants man lol that's awesome

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hey GC,

I picked up my camera this weekend and took some shots in the garden. The ladies are really starting to put on the weight. I ended up filling every inch of the room. The ladies are skirted so well this run I am able to get to everything without too much trouble. I think I will hit the 2 gram per watt this run. :yay:
    This run is all TGA genetics. Conspiracy Kush, Mickey Kush, Quantum Kush and Professor Chaos. 

All phenos looking very nice. This round I am using GoodLand Supercharged Mix on the bottom half of the container and Growers Gold on the top half. I have used water only and do not plan to add any nutrients for the rest of this run. The ladies look absolutely perfect. :metal:
    I selected my 3 favorite phenos for the next run. 1 Conspiracy Kush, 1 Mickey Kush and 1 Quantum Kush. 
    Each one is amazing! The little girls should be ready to flower soon. About 3-4 weeks.

Have a good one! :bongin:

Brix  

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    Hey Stealth,

Yea I know it's pretty sick. I have hardly given any attention to the ladies this run and they continue to amaze me. This soil kicks ass! 

Brix