400W Hps/mh 5 Weeks (Pics)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by IrregularFungus, Jul 31, 2014.

1. #1 IrregularFungus, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    Hello Everyone! This is my 1st grow... :hello:  I am 5 weeks into veg from seed, figured I'd start a journal before I flip these over to 12/12!

I am using a 400w hps/mh cool tube in a 2.5' x 5' area, have 3 plants on the go atm & I am using organic soil with no nutrients.

Strains:
    Phantom Cookies - GDP
    Blackwater - Cali Connection 
    Ultimate Purple - BC Bud Depot

My light is adjustable, I used 50% the first 2 weeks & then gave them 100%, I was wondering if these are looking good for 5 weeks veg? I have been topping them & was thinking I'd let them grow until I have 40-48 tops each plant, will this be too much for the plants to handle once they start to bud? I am only using a 400w & am looking to maximize yield what would you guys suggest? how long should I continue to veg? Is it possible to pull a QP off each plant under a 400w?

I will keep you all updated as these continue to grow!  

Attached Files:

2. Hey Fungus,

If a pro can get that harvest, we can too.  A grow is considered AWESOME when you pull 1 gram for every watt of light you have.  For you, a 400 gram harvest would be AMAZING............... but not likely.  My grow will us a 1000w HPS for flower, my goal is 500 grams. 

1st thought on the amount of tops you are planning is... way too many.  I think your space would best be used with a Scrog setup.  A lot of people use ScrOG to increase their yields.  Now is the time to put a screen up if you are going to try.  Mount a screen 6-8 inches above the foliage of your plants, pull the different shoots through different squares to spread em out, top to produce more, and let your screen tell you when you have enough.  Also if you plan for ScrOG, keep in mind how you are going to water because a Scrog setup can make this difficult when your space lacks depth.

What are you planning to do for ventilation? What do you mean by "organic soil with no nutrients?"

3. Thanks for the advice! I decided to make a screen, am hoping there are enough squares within the grid I made, I have it set an inch or 2 above the plants atm but can adjust if needed.

For ventilation I have been using a giant floor fan & a dehumidifier... Not much air circulation in my room average temps are 84f - 94f through the day & 75f - 80f at night.. I am using organic soil with no added nutrients (like 20-20-20), want to see how big of a difference they make 2nd go!  

4. :smoking:

Attached Files:

5. I just realized I said pull them through.  Actually, you will keep them confined.  Keep pushing them down once they start going threw.  Reach from under and pull them down from the lower thicker branches.  You want to create a jungle down there before you switch the lights to 12/12.. Fill up the screen at least 3/4 of the way before you flip. For the sort of yield u are expecting, you will want to veg longer.  You choose whether or not to raise the screen or not, but I think they would benefit.

6. Your temps are too high.  U should figure out a budget and do what you can to fix that.  What type of organic soil?    

7. Your pics look like you have one in a much larger planter than the other 2... Just an afterthought, but you may see difficulty down the road if you do a scrog like that.  As they mature, the root system of the big one will grow the plant substantially larger... possibly inhibiting the growth of the other two (stealing light depending on how you fill your screen.).  I've always gone with similar sized planters to avoid this...  

8. Weird Fungi,  You there?  How bout some pics?