Need Help First Time Grower.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by chubbyblunts, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Wassup everyone as im new hear and im also new to growing the wonderful plant we call cannabis. I have grown some seeds that i planted a few months ago(2 1/2 ) at my aunts. She has been over watering them i think and has been getting little sunlight. As i come back to her house 2 1/2 months later the plants are still there. But there small like a few inches. I planted the seeds in Miracle Grow becuase thats all the type of soil i had at the time. When i came back the plant was still alive but small so I gave the plant about 13 hours of sunlight for a good week and it grew but with only being 3 blades on each leaf. As i did some research people said MG was not good for your plant so i asked around what else kinda soil is good you can buy from retail stores. I was recommended earthgro and to mix with per lite. So i replanted in earthgro and perlite mix. I have been reading about fox farm ocean forest soil and heard its good i finally got my hands on a few bags. People told me that earthgro has no nutes so the plant wouldnt last long so i replanted again in some FFOC , with some perlite added to it. Now my plant is starting to turn yellow on the older leaves and the tips of the leaves are starting to brown and some of the blades. I notice some small tiny white spots also growing on the leaves. I checked for bufs under the leaves as i see no sign. The newer leaves look healthy but the brown tipping starting to look like its spreading upwards slowly. Any suggestion or advice of what i should do? 

hear are some photos were it was growing in MG and photos of it in FFOF and wwere its browning on leaves and yellowing.

mms_img-1874445636.jpg this was the plants when i came back after a few months. The middle plant is the plant that is the one that survived.

photo.JPG  this was a few weeks aftr i came back when it was left in sunlight for 12-14 hours a day for a good almost 2 weeks. This was still in MG soil.

photo 1.JPG  this is the plant now in the FFOF soil. I notice the leaves and stuff was slighty turning yellowish as long with the browning.

View attachment photo 3.PNG  hears the plant on how it looks now. The older leaves look more effected then the newer leaves. The top looks good. I water intill i feel the inch of the surface is dry. so like once a day or once every other day.

photo.JPG  Some small white dots are appearing on the leaves. I checked the bottom leaves for spider mites as i find none. No bugs in soil. I just see small particles probably from the soil that stick to the stem or leaves sometimes but i remove it.

photo 5.JPG

2. by the way is this plant to big to turn into an indoor plant since its been growing outdoor ever since

3. Whew, where to start. Haha.
    Okay, forst off, wose choice changing your soil, but relax on the transplanting. Give the plants 2-3 weeks of 16-20 hours of light a day.
    Bring them inside if you can, especially if they aren't getting good light in the location they are currently at.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Not sure on the white dots, the picture doesn't show much.

Give that plant some basic carbohydrates and RO water with a ph between 6.0-6.5

Give her some time and love, dont overdue it though. She needs to adjust, she's been through a lot of stress without growing much. Time my friend...time.

6. #6 lFourTwenty, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    If the new growth looks good it should be fine man

7. Feed for bloom for the phosphorus add cal mag.

8. yea i dont have a pH reader or nothing. Is using purified water good since theres no pH? or tap water is better

9. That depends on your temp?
    And the environment you'll be putting her in once she's inside.

As long as the temp difference isnt over 25 degrees she should be fine.
    Even if its a bit more, she will adjust to temp much easier than other factors.

Yes, during the vegitative state a cannabis plant requires a minimum of 14 hours of light to stay in growth mode. Plants don't measure how long they are illuminated, the measure how long they are in the dark, and any more than 10-12 hours of continued darkness will force the plant to flower. :)

10. Careful, this plant has just been thrown into a nutrient rich soil, when it has been stunted for two plus months, it doesnt need more stuff haha. It needs tlc.

11. All water has a ph.
    The ph of distilled water should be 7
    This is too high for your plant to absorb many of the necessary nutrients.

Spring/tap water on the other hand can have a ph range of 5-8 on average.
    Reptile and aquarium stores carry RO water. So do many grow and hydro stores. You have a small number of plants. Try to aquire water from one of those sources till you can afford proper testing and water modification equipment. :)

12. that has happened to a few of my plants as well. it's my first for growing also.. the yellow leaves, white spots and brown tips, i think that's from plant stress. nothing else in particular, they probably had nute deficiency earlier and are still recovering. some of mine looked the same. i didnt take good care of those though. started with 18 now i'm down to mainly just one with a couple others. the main one is planted in FFOC and i didnt start adding nutes till last week, never had any problems. give it about a week watering them when the top couple inches of soil are dry. i would not add anything to them until you start to see growth. FFOC comes premixed and should sustain them just fine. also give them as much light as you can. not sure where you live but i only have a couple weeks left until flowering. indoor may be the better option here if you can get setup

13. thanks man you give some good advice so as for now what should i do as the brown tip on leaves continue to spread to non infested leaves? just let her grow out and see what happens or flush the 

yea man im growing down hear in S. Cali were the sun hits my backyard around 7am and the sun drops around 7-8 pm. I also put it in a box with a screen cover to protect the plant from bugs. 

14. I never knew 7 was too high? I know you want it somewhere around 6.5 but i figured since the soil is premixed at adequate pH levels then using distilled water would be fine and wouldn't cause a difference. Especially since you're looking for 6.2-6.9 in the soil. I know with hydro you want it lower. But it's my first year learning. What's your reasoning?

To op:
    Im in norcal and I can already see my preflowers beginning flower at all the nodes getting ready to start flowering. Plus I'm growing a sativa dom so it will likely flower later than others. I would imagine yours can still double-triple during flowering since they have a lot veg. left. At least with indoor they can. But it's a small outdoor so I'd imagine the same. Not sure though. If you're looking for a decent yield I would go to indoor before too late. Maybe clone one if you know the gender and it can buy you a little time

15. yea man i would bring my plant indoors but i dont want to kill it if i dont know what im doing im pretty sure i have the right equipments to grow indoor. I have some florescence lights and also some reg heat lamps with fans i just dont have a ventilator to bring in heat but it already gets hot in the room. I just need someone to help me get setup for an indoor growth so i can learn then ill bring them indoors 

16. Well this is all opinion keep in mind. IF i seem to be telling anybody "how it is" set me straight, that's not my intention.

but from what i know, a ph of 7 isn't "Bad" for plants, but, most nutrients have an optimal absorption rate between 5.8-6.4

some nutrients are most effectively absorbed at 6.8-7.2 ph
    so in specific terms, while trying to feed a plant those specific nutrients, a ph of 7 would be "best"
    but as for a plant in early stages of vegetative growth, a level of 6.0-6.5 would be optimal. :)

17. by the way how do you lower the pH in the water i can probably lower the pH and then should be good just incase its to high

18. on average, in my experience, with a ph of 8.1 (my tap water)
    I add 5-6 drops of general hydro acid PH down to one gallon of water.
    this drops my PH to 6.4-6.5 usualy.

19. Makes all good sense, I was just wondering why. I forgot how some nutrients differ from others in pH sensitivity. I haven't paid any attention to my pH levels since things are going good. I imagine it would be best to test the run off from the pot before doing anything to the water. But we have good insight on what is being used so I would take your advice