Question About Container Size

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mike_t_russell, Jul 31, 2014.

1. I'm about 3 weeks into my first grow. At first, I was using jiffy pots. Once I noticed the roots protruding from the bottom of the pots, I transplanted all 4 of my plants into 2 liter soda bottles (cut in hallf). I know it's not the ideal container for growing, but its all I had at the time. But about 2 days after transplanting the roots are already visible through the sides and bottom of the bottle. It looks like since they hit a wall and they are now going down. Shoudl I transplant ASAP, or am I safe for now?

2. I would transplant into the biggest container that you can, (in the ground obviously being the best bet if you are growing outside). Giving your plant the most space for root growth is always going to increase yield and IMO potency because your plant wont have the stresses of trying to grow larger in a tiny container. Also, if you are outside with small pots, it is much easier for the roots to dry out or get too hot than it would be if planted in the ground/ very large pot.

3. For every foot try to have at least two gallons. At least..... Just My opinion though.