Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking For The First Time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 8888patrick8888, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hi, I just signed up for this forum because I have some questions:
    1. If I smoke it at noon, will I be able to stay awake the rest of the day?
    2. If I smoke at noon, how long will it take me to not get noticed that I am high (basically how long until I can control myself and not have signs)
    3. Any tips
    4. How does it feel, etc.
    Thanks!! I'm looking forward to trying it!!

2. Hi, I just signed up for this forum because I have some questions:
    1. If I smoke it at noon, will I be able to stay awake the rest of the day?
    2. If I smoke at noon, how long will it take me to not get noticed that I am high (basically how long until I can control myself and not have signs)
    3. Any tips
    4. How does it feel, etc.
    Thanks!! I'm looking forward to trying it!!

3. #3 ReturnFire333, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014

1. If you're bsin around with friends, yeah you'll probably stay up
    2. I would aim to not be around anyone you can't be high around for 4 hours
    3. Tips? Inhale fully or you won't get high
    4. You'll probably notice visual and auditory changes, nothing crazy, but awesome. Life will be funny has heck (LoL funny). Heck, when I was high my first time, my friend gave me a glass of pure water and it tasted like grape juice. The visual distortions made me burst out laughing.

4. Well as a beginning toker lmfao depends on how high you get. If you get baked which most people do when getting high their first time, you might pass out like a lil baby sometime around 5 6, as long as you got something to do you'll be fine.
    Give the high 2 hours you'll probably still think youre high after that but you shouldnt be tweaking with utter highness. You'll be mellowed out. Make sure you have water and food available. Food helps with the sobering process (same with beating it in my opinion)
    If you dont like it your first time, no biggie, that was me too, or for a couple times, then I learned how to inhale and using the carb and what not.
    Also if youre coughing a lot youre doing really well
    Let us know how your first time went, good luck

6. 1. That all depends on you to be honest. 
    2. You'll probably be really high for a couple hours, but you'll still be able to feel it for a couple more. 
    3. If you don't want to get caught don't smoke inside it WILL smell no matter what. Also weed does not feel like alcohol at all so don't think you can handle massive amounts of weed if you drink a lot. Just chill, relax and don't fight the high, just flow with it. 
    4. like how you feel lightheaded if you stand up fast except colors are brighter, everything looks more defined, music sounds better, food tastes amazing, eyes get red, mouth gets dry. You feel more creative, stuff seems funnier too. Pretty much makes everything seem better then you get so hungry that your stomach turns into a black hole and you eat the fridge lol. 

7. Said it clear as my bong after cleaning it. As far as munchies, if you get really high and hungry go easy on the food so you don't get sick later. And if you wanna sober up ASAP eat and get off. Feels so good btw literally mind blowing. Most likely you won't get high first possibly 2nd time smoking. Don't worry you aren't immune.

8. the only reason people dont get high their first time smoking is because they arent smoking properly

9. 1) if it's noon and you're with someone else, you'll stay up. Even if you're not with someone, you'll probably have no problems staying awake.
    2) in the beginning it would take me 2.5-3 hours to get to the point of being burnt out (basically being really tired after the high). A little bit of coffee would help me, and maybe a bit of exercise and I'd be fine.
    3) my tip is this: take the hit into your mouth first, let the smoke cool in your mouth, then inhale deep and draw the smoke into your lungs and hold it for 3-5 seconds. Any more than that is just stupid and any less and you're wasting a hit. You're going to cough and maybe even puke if you swallow smoke (I did my first time, but most people don't). Oh and if you do swallow smoke, burp it out otherwise you'll feel like shit.
    4) if it's your first time you might not even get high. But if you do, it will hit you like a ton of bricks. My first time getting completely blitzed, I was with my girl and our mutual friend and his friend. We smoked 2 blunts (eew fuck blunts) and after we finished we just chilled. After the second blunt it got me. I felt it come over me and suddenly I jolted up and asked my girl if I fell asleep. She said no. We left and walking felt weird. I felt weightless and I felt as if I was watching myself in a 3d movie. My mouth was dry and when I finally got
    a drink it felt amazing. Food tasted amazing. I felt like I was made of stone almost, even though I also felt kinda weightless. I couldn't send text messages, but I could swing my arms around. Oh and I had such an urge to passionately make out with my girl. Since that first time I've had a lot of weed and I've felt so much. I even heard colors once.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. You, are a lightweight. WTF. Are you serious? Your supposed to be 18 on this forum. Dont make me shut you down!

dilligaf

11. Not sure if you're talking to me or not, but if you are, I'm 19, and most of what I said in my post recounted my first few times smoking, back when I was a lightweight under the age of 18.

If you weren't talking to me, oops lol.

12. 1. If you smoke at noon, you should be able to stay awake the rest of the day. Find something fun to do :)

2. It really depends on you. I wouldn't make any real plans for the day, because it's your first time and you never know how your body and mind will react to it until you try for yourself.

3. If you're doing it alone, get a pipe. It cuts out so much extra stuff lol and you can just focus on actually smoking. Pace yourself. If you don't feel high right away, wait it out and keep trying. But don't just smoke a whole blunt or gram or whatever all at once.

4. It feels really good. Remember, some people don't get high their first time or even first few times! Just relax and try again :) play around with different activities and stuff to do while you're high. Don't forget to have fun and enjoy yourself.

13. 1. Depends on the type it is. There's Indica strains and Sativa strains. Indica will give you a relaxing body high, and it will make you a bit tired. Sativa usually makes you more clear and foucsed, while maintaining a nice buzz.

2. Depending on the quality and how much you smoke, you'll be high for 1-3 hours. In my experience the peak (the point which you are the highest and when it starts to wear down) comes pretty quickly. I've smoked a blunt of mids and was only high for an hour, but a bowl of some dank has me high for hours.

3. Don't be around anyone you wouldn't want to be caught by. Once you get experienced with smoking, you'll be able to handle yourself around anyone. Spray a little cologne/body spray when your done, and get eyedrops if you're worried about red eyes. Again, once you get experienced red eyes aren't as much of a problem. Also, don't hang around with any dickheads, bad friends ruin the high. Run to your local headshop/smokeshop and grab a glass pipe. It's a simple and effective way to smoke (and it will conserve your bud.).

4. Depends on if its indica or sativa. Indicas will give you an amazing tingly, awesome, orgasmic body high. Especially with music. In my experience when I listen to a good song, I can "feel" the music (sounds weird but you'll see what I mean). Sativa, I can't explain it too much because I don't find sativas too often.

14. #14 KrunksGroove, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Tips: Get as high as you possibly can. Don't stop after 1 hit. Take several bong rips before you feel it. No high as great as your first high. My first time was with some really good blue dream. It was comparable to shrooms a hallucinogen. Just less intense visuals. Have fun.

(Forgot other drugs are forbidden to mention)

15. Thanks for all the answers guys! I'm sure it'll be amazing and will tell you how it went :)

16. Since everyone answered the first few questions pretty directly, I'll just answer number 4 based on how it personally feels for me.

When I get stoned, depending on how I smoke it, it's like I instantly travel inside my head. I'm a huge thinker, as I absolutely love science, space and philosophy. So when I smoke, it's like I am thinking about everything and nothing all at the same time. Zoning out and getting lost in thought when stoned is amazing.

Of course then the munchies come and I end up shaming myself by eating my entire fridge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I didn't get high til my 5th time but some people get high there first time. I recommend doing it with friends because it's more comfortable. Remember when you take a hit to inhale it like you would with a cigarette. I wouldn't take more than a hit or two, if you feel nothing after 10 minutes take a few more hits.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

18. Yes, I was talking to you,( im not usually serious on here), just fuckin with you. Stay positive yo!:eek:

dilligaf

19. Alright dude. If you smoke at noon you may or may not stay awake. Depends on the kind of weed how much you smoke what your doing.

You may not get high the first time. Some people do some don't. But one thing is very very important. Don't smoke to much. Take one good hit. Make sure you inhale deep. (Don't keep the smoke just in your mouth) and wait 10 minutes. If you don't feel anything take another. And do the same think until you feel it. Once it hits you, you will know.

Everyone experiences weed differently. Look up how others feel so you understand what's going to happen because if you don't know what's going on you can make yourself paranoid and have a very very bad time. Good luck :)

Shrek is love, shrek is life

20. I suggest having a drink on hand. It will help with any coughing if it happens. Also make sure you are actually inhaling properly. This is where most people go wrong their first time.