My Mom Cries Over Weed? Wtf?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by slothzilla, Jul 30, 2014.

1. #1 slothzilla, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    I have a problem I need to fix. Every time my mom finds out I've smoked pot she cries about it and calls me a junkie. She thinks it's the worst thing ever and I'm tired of feeling miserable about her crying over my decisions and having to hid from her to be myself. I want her to accept me for who I am and I don't know how to do that.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE 

BTW I work a lot and don't ask for much I just want her to understand that at the end of the day I want to relax with a few bowls the same way my dad does with his liquor (he is an alcoholic though and I don't want her thinking I want to be like him but with weed.

2. Actions > words.

If it's feasible, move out and just simply live a productive life while consuming weed. I don't much believe in changing people's opinions by shoving articles down their throat.

If that's not an option, which it isn't sometimes I understand.... It's your mother and it breaks her heart whether for a valid reason or not. If you want to quit upsetting her then quit using while living with her. We moved my folks in with us quite a while back and even though the house is rented by me and my wife I still take significant steps to not rub my mother's face in my usage, not that she's flipped out on me for it on well over a decade it's just what they deserve IMO. Well not all obviously, way too many piece of shit parents but if that's the case for you then leaving is even more strongly suggested.

3. Calmly state facts to her face until she realizes she's wrong.

She needs to stop crying over things that are nothing to cry about.

4. I would just work hard, go to school and/or work, help out where you can around the house and eventually things should go back to normal. This might take awhile though. If you have a legit reason to smoke/vape, try to explain how weed helps you. Good Luck, keep me updated.

5. the facts are out there, always have been, its up to her to let go of her ignorance and past assumptions and move forward. if you live with her, then dont burn while you are there. work and save, move out, and smoke in your home because it is within your right to do so. dont worry about whether one person approves or not, she cannot accept you for who you are if you have to twist her arm.

6. dude I'm 28 and my mom still does that shit lol. That's her malfunction, not yours. Explain what you can and just ignore it like I do. Some people are just dramatic by nature and ya can't change it.

7. #7 invinciblejets, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    I'm sorry man I can't stand that because my dad died from alcohol and people completely ignore it's bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

8. dude this is a big problem if you live with your parents.  what does your dad think of this?  if your mom cries that much i doubt you are gonna be able to change her mind.  people rarely change.  she from a different generation.  you cant change people.  you have to change your self.  how old are you?  i recommend moving out if you are able.  sorry, but a mother's tear is something that you cant have all the time, its no fun. 

9. My mom cried the first few times I talked to her about and when she caught me smoking it so I know it's such a shitty feeling.

I stopped this by being perfectly honest with her. I still hid my usage, but if she asked if I smoked that week I would say yeah, a couple times. She values honesty over me not smoking weed. Also do what others said and show her how harmless and beneficial weed can be, and how you are smart about not getting caught by police.

Add that smoking in your house 100% less risky for getting caught if you prefer to smoke there

10. some people like to lay on the guilt like butter, show her some facts and if it's still gonna be like that then wither smoke in secret or move out.

11. #11 slothzilla, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    My dad doesn't say much about it because he doesn't mind it and she doesn't cry every time I just unintentionally exaggerated that and I just turned 18 and have to finish my senior year before I go to college. Either way everyone is pretty much right and I guess in the end I have to not be selfish and respect her by not toking in the house.

That's respectable, OP.
    But since she's going to cry anyways might as well smoke in the house! :bongin:  :smoking:  :cry:  :hide:
    Am I wrong, dude?

13. damn dude, that sucks that she cries every single fuckin' time haha

when I first got caught smoking at like 14 or so, I think my mom might have cried, I don't remember though