Forearm Pain

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by purplenurpleallen, Jul 30, 2014.

1. When I'm at the gym and I do preacher curls, my forearms feel like they're spliting open. Amyone know why and if this should be occuring, I've been doing preacher curls for awhile now and they haven't done this until now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. How often are you doing them? You should be resting and alternating muscle groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Chest, arms, back, legs, chest again in that order, devoting one day to each.

4. Hmm. Are you doing wrist curls or anything?

5. Are you using an ez-curl bar? Double check your grip

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 Biltwellnigga, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    Could be a problem from the shoulder to the wrist. Most likely it's from your elbows and wrist.

Are you using heavy weight for the curls? Try lowering the weight. Does it still hurt?

Try not curling your wrists. Does it still hurt?

Are you using correct form? Make sure you are.

Forearm pain should not be occuring at any time nor any type of body pain.

It sounds like tendonitis to me. You should take a break from preacher curls or bin it altogether. Preachers don't really train the bicep heads but rather the brachialis muscle which is near the elbow.

Rather, try standing barbell curls. Those will add mass and some peak. The best bicep exercise EVER

7. Alright thanks, i do around 40lbs each hand with 8 reps, my elbows dont move. And i keep my wrists straight the entire curl. My dad also suggested it could be tendonitis, hopefully it isnt :/

8. One thing I would do is stop preachers for good or any exercise that gives you pain.  This will only lead to make it worse and if it gets bad enough then it will cause chronic pain and aching.  It will also cause your grip or whole arm to get weaker.

I learned the hard way.

9. I think i will, at first I thought this pain was going to make me even stronger but now its really hurting lol, def going to be lighter weights

10. My man. There is a difference between joint/ligament pain and burning pain of the muscle....

Never ever do exercises that cause aching and sharp pain. Either you're doing it wrong or your body just isn't able to do that exercise.

11. #11 organicpandemic, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    possibly sounds like tennis elbow? i get it occasionally and can be a real pain in the ass (ironically first did it sweeping a tennis court not actually playing tennis [​IMG]) but yeah i wouldnt be doing anything untill you get it sorted. dont want to do any permanent injury! 

12. Be careful. I got some nasty tennis elbow that I've been trying to heal for months. Isn't getting any better. Gotta go in for a cortisone shot :/

13. Fap more