Where Were You At 20?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dassanth, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Was working in a kitchen as a cook and getting drunk pretty much after every shift. There was a liquor store right next door so it was easy haha. 

Was working in a kitchen as a cook and getting drunk pretty much after every shift. There was a liquor store right next door so it was easy haha. 

2. Figuring myself out. Still am at 24.

3. College and working as a cook.smoking too much and not paying attention in school.

4. I started going to university full time pursuing a medical degree, living with my (now ex) boyfriend in a 12x12 "bungalow", and working 30 hrs/wk. Ditched the loser, lost 20 lbs, moved cities and proceeded to drink legally for a full year to try and forget what a nightmare my 20th year on this earth had been.

5. Stoned. really, really stoned.  :laughing:

jah/ :smoking:

6. #166 steadyburnin, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    I turn 20 tomorrow. Fuck man. Don't wanna grow up.

7. Working at an autoshop, paying off my car and taking too many psychedelics

Rainbow family :)

8. I was getting married and having a kid, but I didn't know shit about either one.  Not a motherfucking thing.....

9. Turned 20 last week. Fuck being 20.

I feel like my life should be sorted. I'm over here trying to save money for my future house down payment. Lol

10. I'm in school so if I ever have a math question don't be surprised if I pop it in your inbox, lol.

11. #171 Alaric, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014

At 20? Right you got how many credits are you claiming? umm 180ish?

12. Consider reading what was posted again. At 20 I was studying for these degrees and then the poster asked me what I ultimately ended up getting degrees in. I did not get them at 20, I got them at 22. And just because you are so interested, some semesters I took 9 courses (27 units or 27 hours of classtime per week) at a time to get my triple major and publish my research.

Why though? Why didn't you just enter a bachelors and masters program? Research? Now I know you are lying because BS students don't do research, that comes with the masters. 

14. #174 John Frum, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    I didn't enter a master's program because I never intended to get a master's. I planned on going straight to ph.d which is fairly common in math. I couldn't choose which topic I wanted to specialize in so I did all three as an undergrad to get a broad survey of which to pick for ph.d. Also you are totally wrong abouut undergraduate research. You don't even really need funding in math, no microscopes or anything to buy. There are even things called REUTS which are research experiences for undergraduates. I did this and my own research as an undergraduate.

15. Alaric. Why are you so arrogant?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I am not arrogant, why do you refuse education, logic, and empathy?

17. LOL. Point proven

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #178 John Frum, Sep 2, 2014
    You are both arrogant and ignorant, as is often the case since the two go hand in hand.

Maybe you were not able to do research as an undergrad but that is your own fault. I know plenty of undergraduates who publish papers before graduation. In fact, one of the most sure fire ways to get into a ph.d program is to publish an article related to the field you are trying to get a ph.d in. But you don't know that because you are too busy telling everyone else they are liars.

You're the only claiming except for like 3 semesters that you took a double full time schedule, plus a course. And how can you go for a PhD when you don't have a masters degree? I am not sure I follow your logic seeing as to the reasoning behind a masters program.

20. #180 Alaric, Sep 2, 2014

Why did you choose pure math? What do you want to do? Become a professor, do more research?