Where Were You At 20?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dassanth, Jul 30, 2014.

1. In college, drinking daily, popping pills, popping thizzles, smoking a lot, racing my beast, selling drugs, staying out for days in a row, getting into fights, exploring nature, playing bone thugs, writing music, being middle man for a LOT of people, pissing off my family, getting myself into debt.

2. I'll let you know in a year. Can't imagine it will be much different than right now but a lot can happen in a year.

3. No one stays the same, we all evolve and change. Unless you're cooped up all day and do nothing, then, yea, you won't change.

4. #24 SassyMelassy, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    I was in my 3rd year of college (2nd year at university. Went to comm. college for a couple of semesters)...being a wild child...getting my learn on.
    Thought I knew everything, really knew very little...
    I still don't think I know all that much... 11 years later.
    You don't have to have it figured out yet. This is that transition phase between dependence and independence. You'll figure it out. That's kind of the point. You get older, you learn, you grow, you experience, your perceptions change...
    That's life. :)

5. head chef at some fancy restaurant that i hated.

6. I was fucking up opportunities, but enjoying life.

7. #27 Sunny Jim, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    At 20, I had just started community college, and a part time job delivering firewood. I was pretty aimless, though. I just sort of drifted about and did what I could to create an illusion of forward momentum, if only for my own sanity. 

At 22, I'm still going to community college after changing my major and taking two semesters off for financial reasons (not consecutively), and I'm working data entry/product research (it' s supposed to be an internship, but it sort of morphed into an actual job after about a month) for a green architecture start up. Not much has happened. I'm back living at home because I lost my full time job in early May. But as others have said, your life will change many times and what you do when your 20 doesn't really matter. Just try and set yourself on a course.

Philosophically speaking, it's best to enjoy life while you're young. When you're 40 and confined by responsibility and obligation, you'll want to say that you had lived while you could. Also, don't let people bully you into making decisions about your life that only you are qualified to make. If you want to go to college, do that. If you want to work and forego school, do that. It's your life!

8. I was working on a farm. Lots of hours, I could bring weed, beer and a gun and drink and shoot while driving a tractor at 2 MPH.

Redneck heaven.

9. At 20, damn was that a blur...I was partying hardcore and flunking my college courses. Ya it cost me but fuck it, ya only live once, right?

In the end, I salvaged a somewhat respectable GPA and definitely learned from my mistakes.

At 20, you should be going out trying new things, meeting new people, and doing stupid stuff. You'll never be 20 again, don't wanna live with regrets...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I was half assing school, selling & doing hard drugs, getting stoned then working some decent $10/hour job after I stopped going to school for the summer. 

these days I'm not going to school cause tired of half assing it, yet not motivated enough to go and fully commit myself. no more hard drugs, still getting stoned and working a 50% more decent $9/hour job. 

not much has changed overall, there have definitely been some very high highs (literally) and low lows but it's been a lot of fun. 

11. Living on the east coast. Living with my parents. Working full time.

5 years later I'm living the dream in California. Supporting myself and having fun.

12. misguided, stoned, living on the beach, playing the drums, hanging out with friends, working lame jobs

13. Smoking weed..

..you know what?

Not much has changed. :lol:

14. Haven't gotten there yet, chances are I'll still be in school

"Everything's better when you're high, if you don't smoke I don't know why"

15. At 20 I had just dropped out of college

Had a FT job

Had 2 very nice cars both fixed up and modded.

Smoking everyday partying every weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I was a motherfucking commercial fisherman out of Oregon with ferocious storms. Did that. For 1 year. I would never do it again. But I have some awesome memories and bragging rights for life.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

17. I'm almost 21 and I wonder the same thing time to time. Then I realize I have a wife, no kids, a job and school. My wife and I work together and love it. So I push those nasty selfish thoughts about running the world or being richer and better out of my head. For once I'm content and I find it hard to not try and find something wrong and to be down about. But fuck that. I'm happy, she's happy. I'm absolutely content. It's just hard to shake certain thoughts sometimes about how I should be famous, or painting more. But if I did that I'd end up neglecting my wife, friends and family. Screw all that. I'll be 21 on august 3rd, so technically tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

18. In my fucking grandmas basement. Thank god I got my own apartment now lol

19. #39 Deleted member 42976, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    no idea 18-22 is a blur

too many unmentionables lol

20. #40 cannabisdayzzzd, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    Sitting in my truck browsing grasscity on my phone. High af

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum