Which Syn Bong Should I Cop?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by thehitmaster, Jul 30, 2014.

1. I'm currently looking for a really nice bang for your buck bong. I got looking at two different SYN bongs for the same price. Ones the SYN Coupled Ratchet and the other one is the SYN Dome 38 Straight, both listed at $130. Which is the better option?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 NGP, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    I like my SYN ratchet tube: http://www.buysyn.com/product/ratchet-straight/

Here's mine the day I bought it
    View attachment 1297618   View attachment 1297622  

Here it is today, new label on it. The original dark blue peeled in the first month, SYN considered it a defect and they sent me 2 labels of my color choice, a shirt, an apology and a letter with instructions to apply the new label. A real standup company. I didn't even buy it direct from them, I got it from an authorized dealer. Great company!

View attachment 1425113

3. Thanks for the input man. I really like what I've been hearing about SYN. I've smoked with a buddy's really high end SYN and really wanted that kind of feel and build quality at a lower price point. I think I'm going to go with the Coupled Ratchet.

4. Mine above is part of their "Synovations" line which they consider their "1%" line, separating it from their production stuff. Checkout their (new) site for some great pics. When I linked the above to you, it's the first time I've been on their site in a few months. They finally changed it, and it's much more user friendly and full of more info for each design, something that was lacking in the last website. Mine was a $300 piece, which isn't really considered their lower price point of pieces, but you can get that ratchet design in different smaller/cheaper pieces. Great company, good glass, made in NC USA. Mine is very durable, it's been passed around at many gatherings, dropped a few times, tapped on counters, porcelain sinks (cleaning) and I don't have any problems. I bought it about a year ago, it's seen a lot of action :D

5. Sounds like the quality is just what I'm looking for. The one I'm looking at is stemless, which I'm not real familiar with, but I wanted to try something different and I have no doubt that it'll live up to expectations.

http://www.buysyn.com/product/coupled-ratchet/

6. #6 KiZoSoZaY, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    I just bought a SYN tube. I was going to order one for $130 like you but went to Island Dyes (I live in Fairfax, VA) in D.C. and got a 15" stemless tube with an inverted showerhead for $200. Really thick glass, about 2.5" diameter and I grabbed a Licit (local, great glass) ash catcher to throw on it. I was apprehensive on my ride home because of companies Like Black Leaf and Grace Glass that have great prices and nice products, from what I've read. What I'm trying to say is... I love my SYN tube, I love the durability and quality, I love the company including the crew at my local Island Dyes (they have 5 stores in NC and VA and I'm glad that after not blazing for 15 years I feel like I chose the perfect piece to accompany me. I hope you ended up getting one and love it as much as I do.

p.s. I just registered so I'm just poking around but I'll post some pics if you like

7. Syn has outstanding customer service and produces solid pieces. Definitely a step or two above black leaf and grace. You made a solid purchase! Enjoy it blade and welcome to the forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yeah, I'm unbelievably happy with the purchase. I usually have buyer's remorse, but not about this. I appreciate it bud, thanks.