The Official i Dont Care About Hamas Or Israel Thread..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by smokehound, Jul 30, 2014.

1. I think what he means is that there is nothing behind our currency (if you live in the united states). Currency is a trust, it has as much physical value as all parties involved claim.

2. #22 Vicious, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    You're putting way too much thought into the wrong aspect. This has nothing to do with value.

That is leagues different than saying something does not exist or is not real.

3. Money = Value, Currency = Value.

We value items based on currency.
    But where's the comparison?
    In what sense does currency equate to the value of an item. It doesn't, unless it has a backing of something valuable. Dubai has oil. Britain has the royal treasury. Sweden has the grand Swiss bank with much gold. What do we have here in the wonderful country of independence and freedom. Nothing.
    All our imports are favors and we're buying them with favors. It just doesn't make any reasonable sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. This is incorrect. Money is a representation of stored value. It allows a common medium of exchange which allows society to function.

The alternative to money is some sort of Communist Paradise where everyone gets an allowance, o wait that's still money...

The barter system isn't in use anymore for a reason

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Americas Money is backed by middle eastern oil.

A lot of people now days talk of fiat currency like our currency is worthless and not backed by anything. Billionaire investors are not idiots. The dollar does in fact have real value. As long as we don't lose middle east oil control

6. #26 LuxSpiritus, Jul 30, 2014
    Yes I said this. Monetary value doesn't benefit society. It allows 'power' in society. Company's keep store more money that they do not need. Banks give out loans with money they don't have. The government takes from the public the money they provided. What're just trafficking valueless currency around. It always get redistributed. When none of our money has value in the real world economy, it's just an unpaid toll to a foreign country.

The way things are going with ISIS and the religious extremists. How much longer do you think the US will have middle eastern support?

Luckily, middle east oil suppliers are becoming less and less important to our economy. In just a few short years, if all goes well, America will be able to completely support itself via domestically-produced oil.

Although oil trade agreements are really wonky...country A forced to sell x% of their domestically produced oil to country B, and so on and so forth. Relics from a bygone era, yet they still dictate worldwide oil commerce...Obviously some of them are still necessary, especially for those countries who have no natural oil supplies themselves, but the majority of them have become obsolete.

This is just plain wrong.

9. We would have to mass produce this 'Synthetic Oil' and export it for more than 20 years to pay off our debt. Why do you think the Soviets caught up to us. Communism is a economics system of rapid progression, despite some of the inhumane conditions in could propose. Which in modern standards could be reduced sufficiently. Besides that. America is losing their position as dominant manufacture and infrastructure dominance, which will quickly lead to more dependence on other nations. The only marketable world trade products we make are war machines, which are considered of great value to certain countries 'I wonder why'. America has become redistribution instead of manufacture and marketing. You can't be world dominant when you rely on the rest of the world.

10. not sure what you are getting at.

Are you saying money is worthless or that "our" money is worthless

I realise the dollar's days are numbered I don't disagree with that. The us dollar will collapse soon

11. communism is not an economic system of rapid progression.

That's why the Soviets caught up with us. Because we are becomming Communist.

I'm not sure what will happen.first. will the dollar collapse? Or will Communists destroy America?

12. Ok, let me explain how the Economic Infrastructure of America is currently functioning. Over the past few decades, we have been shifting to a primarily service based economy. As in most currency is transferred through company's providing a service to people. Often times these services require imports, sometimes which can be very large.

Now when we are providing services to our country, by purchasing goods from a foreign country. There is no world return. So where did all that money go? It went into the bank account of the foreign country. This is why they say "We should be purchasing American made cars, and goods made strait from our home country". It's because when we purchase goods regardless of where the goods end up, we lost 'Economic Value' to a producing or manufacturing country. So that means we are sending our currency overseas, without a return value, Exhausting our supply of money.

So the average everyday American citizen, has contributed to the nation debt. And until we become self sufficient, money will continue to be trafficked out of the country.

13. Very few people have any understanding of anything that's going on, but everyone still likes to pick sides and spew their opinions, advice, and random information everywhere anyway.

[​IMG]

14. #34 KushyKonundrum, Jul 30, 2014

I'm going to ignore the bulk of your post because it's not relevant to my post.

But you do realize that America will soon become the world leader in natural oil production, right?

The main sources of energy are currently: coal, natural gas, and oil. All three found in abundant quantities right here in the good ol' US of A.

To say America has no domestic energy infrastructure is woefully inaccurate.

EDIT: Funnily enough, America is also pretty much set for fresh water as well. The entire state of Florida is above one of the largest fresh water supplies in the known world. So while I may not necessarily like America as a country anymore, I'm glad I live here. Oil? Check. Water? Check. We good, we good...

Attrition is hell.

15. Oil is an inefficient, pollution generating, dangerous refining. I think there are better alternatives than the world oil power.

16.   Why isnt there a car that runs on wind energy?  I mean, wouldnt that make a car that TRULY powers itself merely by driving?

Now THAT would be kick-ass.  

Unfortunately, oil. :\\

17. like most things political, this problem is more.complicated that you or I know.

You aren't wrong, but its not like this one thing is the cause

18. They make sail cars. They are basically for riding out in the desert.

Its kinda like a skate board and a sail boat combined I think

19. Yeah but that's useless on a city street :laughing:

Im talking about a car with a generator that stores wind energy, just driving the thing, or parking it facing the wind would keep it charged.  

Pretty sure I got enough wind to power a truck.