Here We Go Federal Mj Bill To Legalize Cbd Strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by 00Hassel, Jul 29, 2014.

1. #1 00Hassel, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/28/health/federal-marijuana-bill/

Interesting read... they are using the unfortunate cases of epilepsy as ammunition to support this effort. But what about all the other people who can only be served by whole plant access? Especially in regards to cancer, THC is absolutely required in potent doses for maximum effect.

Thoughts boys and girls?

No doubt this is great news for GW Pharma et al who love the idea of being able to legally sell their extracts.

Something I did not see clarified, is whether this bill would allow citizens to cultivate their own plants. Or if their federal jockeying would simply allow doctors to prescribe their CBD pills.

This type of development combined with the federal response to the NY Times piece, suggests the government has intentions to continue the prohibition against cannabis; also continuing their literal support of black market proliferation.

Here's an idea for a bill:

Let's decide as the American majority, to not acknowledge the UN Peace Treaty that decided upon "controlled substances" to be prohibited from our access. Return to prior state of law, as outlined by our constitution which allows us to freely access all the naturally occurring "drugs" we can get our hands on.

2. Man, the fight for legalization is gonna make the UFC look like an episode of My Little Pony. I'm ready to knock a prohibitionist the fuck out!

3. #3 Sgtstadanko707, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    http://youtu.be/_Rav9ijyyZk

4. You find the locking up of cannabis users AND growers funny, cool....hope you don't find yourself face to face with federal agents...

5. #5 Sgtstadanko707, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    You took that all from laughing. You are good.

6. All in steps son

Personally all I really want and need is CBD so this would benefit me greatly

Omega369

All you need is CBD? You receive no benefit from any of the myriad of terpenes or flavonoids? There is no benefit given from any of the other cannabinoids either?

You sure about that, "son?"

8. http://www.ladybud.com/2014/07/29/a-limited-amount-of-caring-parents-and-advocates-react-to-realm-of-carings-federal-cbd-only-bill/

Here's a quote from this well written article, illustrating some of the concerns about bills like this:

9. Sgt, you seem to clown on everybody who is pro legalization and so I can only assume your anti legalization and want to maintain the status quo, which is precisely the attitude that gets nowhere and what prohibitionists and lawmakers would prefer. Until I see sething that tells me otherwise your just looking out for yourself and the group of greedy ass profiteers that pretend to grow for patients, please...just admit it your growing for money, nothing wrong with it, but quit acting like your not.

10. Ahh the evil growers. Let the butt-hurt flow.

Why do you never seem to have a response to what 00 has posted. You always just look out for what I have to say. I am flattered.
    I was laughing at picturing wizards old self trying to knock someone out. But way to read I between the lines there.

11. Sgt, 00 illustrates his points in ways that don't insult people, maybe that has something to do with it. Also, I don't hate growers, in fact I applaud the ones that are trying to comply with state laws and providing patients legitimately with quality medicine at a reasonable cost, but where I draw the line with growers is with the price gouging the rec stores and now are starting to do the same thing with dispensaries and even on the street level. Rec store owners in WA in fact are boycotting the current approved growers because of low quality and high prices, disgusting.

Also the opposition to any legalization bills by many growers isn't just them being good voters and reading the bills but they are looking at the fact they may have to follow regulations that will greatly impact their profits. That reason alone will slow the progression of legalization several years.

12. Yeah like I said, all I need is CBD

Omega369

13. Baby steps

14. will a CBD bearing strain be able to be distinguishable, rather an indica or a hybrid???

i mean it is still going to look like pot right lol... could grow your thc bearing strains in the mix of it all lol..

15. #15 bluntfists, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    so what I take from this is cannabis will be forced out of schedule 1 statues because of this decision. and seeing as they have already taken patients on Cbd they are monopolizing for control.

16. No no no for the love of god no.

If this passes, the movement may very well die. The diehard supporters arent enough, we need on the fencers to finally get cannabis descheduled. Allowing CBD only while lieing about how it is infact the medicinal component, so that people who want fullscale legalization THC and all, will be seen as druggies who just want to get high.

This bill NEEDS to fail.

This is one of the most on point responses I've seen in a while. Thank you.

I was starting to think that I was one of few who perceives this bills intent to be deceptive and dangerous. Especially in regards to how they are trying to RECLASSIFY cannabidiol as something separate from cannabis. This seems to stem back to the whole "THC is just for making you high" nonsense; except that THC is required to treat various ailments that CBD cannot. The biggest one is cancer; epilepsy also though.

The FDA and pharma complex has a history of isolating plant compounds, to synthesize them in a lab with the express intent of making a patented, highly profitable drug from it. As opposed to saying, "HEY AMERICA! Constituents in dandelion have shown potent anti-cancer properties!" (Google "dandelion leukemia research grant" to read the story).

Given their recent actions, it appears to me they are attempting to do the same with cannabis. Demonize THC, isolate CBD etc, make patents, keep the whole plant illegal/suppressed.

18. I don't think their intentions are to let YOU grow anything....lol

19. I have been saying it for over a year now but they will take what ever they can get thinking that they will be able to vote and change it later. That is laughable to think. You're going to vote out big business. Lol

20. Can you tell he knows what he is voting on.