My First Grow Item List , Advice Please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Have you seen Lucy?, Jul 29, 2014.

1. #1 Have you seen Lucy?, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    So after an entire week of nothing but careful planning, and almost spending money on a HTG Supply grow kit. I searched up and down through eBay and trying to find the cheapest stuff since I'm on a TIGHT budget.

With no time to build my own tent, I found a perfect sized one at probably the same price it'd take to build my own, including labor. Generic? Sure. Best? No. Will it do? I hope. : 

Mylar Corner Grow Tent Hydroponics Plant Room 4x2x5 for 80 bucks (free shipping)

After planning to not get a hps grow light, I guess It's worth it. 

Apollo Horticulture 400 Watt MH HPS Grow Light System with cooltube for 130 bucks (free shipping) With 1 MH bulb and 1 HPS bulb. 400 Watt Dimmable Electronic Fan Cooling Ballast and a timer.

Those two essential items themselves are only $210. The kit from htg was 299 not including shipping nor did it come with hps.

<div> 
    6" INLINE DUCT FAN 160 cfm with 250 booster flow. for 27 bucks (free shipping)

I also got :

Plant Flowers Soil PH Tester Moisture Light meter - $4 (free shipping)

<div> 
    Sunleaves Grow Bag 3 Gallon - 25 $13 (free shipping

<div>Digital Thermometer Hygrometer $4 (free shipping)

<div> 
    Outlet Surge Protector for $6 (free shipping) 

I mean this is near everything I need if I'm not mistaken right? I mean, I know I need a few other things, but for a first grow? This saved me 50 - 100 dollars compared to if I bought it from a bigger brand. I'm fine with sacrificing quality of the items for now. But all of this comes to around $260 with free shipping on everything and no hard labor needed on my end.

What do you guys think? This medical tomato grow will be in my closet and my ventilation will either just go into the closet or I will cut a hole into the attic and lead it through the roof vents. My house is around 70F in the summer and 60-65F in the winter, so heat should not be too much of an issue. 

Anyways, I apologize for this long generic post, but thoughts appreciated! :)  :smoke:

</div></div></div></div>