Why Does Anyone Give A Fuck?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GreenMagic469, Jul 29, 2014.

1. hot damn took the words right outta my mouth.

2. Agreed. You forgot consume, however.

3. Kinda, i just grouped it into kill ;)

4. Because it's what we were taught. Everything we are, we were taught. You were taught that poop smells bad and vanilla smells good. In reality those things are just different smells, and in reality neither smells better, but people chose a preference and taught others. Same with other things. That's why in life, I think the key is to let go of everything you know and like, just forget it and concentrate on just being.

5. #25 Boats And Hoes, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014

Urm... I agree that mankind is taught, and has been, in quite a spoon-fed manner, a lot of its ideas and conceptions, but to say that the difference between the smell of ice cream and dookie is merely an abstract, is a little crazy to me. lol

Sensations aren't abstracts, rather, abstracts are based in and reflect sensations... and sensations are just as, and if not more, real. And so, the difference between the fragrence of waste and ice cream is no more conceptual than is the difference between the sensations of pain and pleasure; at least, in my opinion.

6. Lol, well of course it seems insane because you wouldn't suddenly go out and love the smell of waste because you thought about this. You do make a good point though, but smells are different than feelings like pain and pleasure. Pain and pleasure are stimulated by our brain, yet smells are pretty much the same to everyone and are already there.

Yeshh...

First, it's not necessarily a good idea to assume that consciousness isn't the product of organizational and functional neural development in our specie. Sentience is definitely is such a product if we think of it as "the ability to feel, perceive, or to experience subjectivity". Nor should we assume that consciousness is a binary mode of neural functionality, either present or not. Rather, it does appears to be a direct function of neural organization and development. and not necessarily limited to H. Sapiens, either.  

Second, if we didn't have to eat be sheltered from the elements and reproduce, you can be certain we wouldn't be nearly as social and dependent upon each other. And we certainly wouldn't be socially and cooperatively hard wired to the degree that we are.

But that's obvious since these characteristics, born from sheer biochemical necessity, are essentially what distinguishes living from non-living, even at the most fundamental cellular level. In the end, we are hard wired for cooperative dependency because it has significantly contributed to our survival and made our existence much more bearable. Would you let someone order you about or run your life if your brain wasn't subconsciously weighing positive vs. negative consequences and finding there weren't any negatives at all? Of course not.  

9. You've realized the vanity of life. Good shit bro...

10. @[member="GreenMagic469"]

I think you are becoming enlightened. Seeing through all the nonsense in life is a great gift anyone should be happy to receive.

It happened to me ages ago and it has lead to me understanding a higher level of thought and existence for myself.

I have a very strong faith which is what drives me to give a fuck. I believe in a greater purpose, a connection to the intelligent creator of the Universe (Known to me as God) and that I have a purpose to use what was given to me to help the world be more positive in any way I can.

It might be something as small as smiling at someone in the street, or listening to someone who really wants to talk about something but it doesn't interest me at all lol.

When is the last time someone smiled at you in the street? The last time someone just said hello to be nice? I don't know about you guys but it hasn't to me in a long time and it feels like the world is getting more and more angry and disconnected.

I aspire to be successful in business and use money to change the Earth. I don't want a 300,000 dollar car or a blonde gold digger with big tits who talks shit, I wanna see a person in need smile with joy, I wanna see clouds of toxic waste disappear from the sky, I wanna feel the good vibes and see healthy happy people living life.

I want a spiritual revolution!

11. #31 yurigadaisukida, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    I think giving a fuck is the only.meaning.of life.

Think about it. We could be perfect.little robots. Living like ants, learning and exploring the universe in an endless cycle of life and death.

But we have sentience. We are able to assign meaning to something meaningless if we chose

We see them as distractions, but I think they are everything.

When you see the kardashians in the news, or someone is excited about getting new shoes.

Your favorite video game? Pets?

All this extra stuff, this is what really matters.

Life has no meaning other than what we cchose for it to mean. Otherwise we are just ants living and dying for no reason

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Great post! i liked where this was going, too bad OP got banned and couldn't continue. I am fully agree with OP, why should I give a fuck if I dont meet someone's expectations? Why should I give a fuck if I am not the 'norm'? Why should I give a fuck if I do not feel the need to excel, but rather have fun and have a happy, peaceful life?

I feel as though everyone follows the pattern of society and feels scared to break away from the 'norm' as they are going to be judged by the pack. You life your own life, you should be happy with what you do. How should it matter if you do not meet expectations, but instead you live a carefree life and when it is your time to die, you are happy of what you have completed. There are no checkpoints in life, but people insist that you follow the 9-5 work day ethic, have a family, work hard, pay the taxman, and follow the law. Laws were made to be broken, because they are trying to override our natural behaviour. I work a job, attend school, but I live life how I want to.

Skateboarding, marijuana and music are the things I enjoy most in life, but however when they are all combined, I feel like a free man walking. I have a euphoric buzz that energizes, refreshes and makes me feel happy when the wind is flowing through my hair carving around a bowl, listening to Jimi Hendix rocking out on his guitar while under the effects of marijuana. IF YOU ARE HAPPY DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING, THEN WHY SHOULD YOU GIVE A FUCK WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS?

13. Holy fucking shit I'm hellla stoned and this made me think really deep

14. There is a philosophy out there, that say's something along the lines of, "I'd rather believe in God my whole life and find out He's not real in the end, than to not believe in Him, to find out that He is real." And there's also the kind of fundamentally paradoxical philosophy that say's something like, "Love, and if people don't love you back, love all anyways." If there is no point to life, than what do you have to lose? Might as well make something from nothing and hope for the best...

15. skateboarding, weed consumption and music are all simply electrical impulses and chemicals passing messages to each other in the brain.

whilst high the other day, on one of my trips, i came to a conclusion. humans, and all other forms of life, are essentially robots. we're programmed from the start to do everything we do. all forms of interaction with environment, al internal processes are simply electrical impulses in the brain, being fed by blood and oxygen. there really isn't anything more to it, literally thats all life is.

ive had so many revelations recently about what life actually is, how purposeless it is. think about it, what really is the difference between reading this text right now to being dead and absent of anything? all that happens is the cells reform and die, we are just reduced to matter like everything else in the universe, and its the same when were alive, we are just simply matter being pulled to a surface by gravity.programmed to breathe and do all the things necessary to keep the cells alive.

16. Btw. are we really conscious? Or how much are we? I mean we think we know everything about us but in fact we know only little. As an example.. what goes on in our body right now, which neurons are active, why you are thinking this way, why you are doing this this way? Most people don't ask these questions and that is not good for the person and probably all around them..

17. I give a fuck because I enjoy smoaking and raising fish and plants

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I give zero fucks.