Your Favorite Game Of All Time?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by GreenMagic469, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Name your favorite game and explain why you like it so much.

If I had to pick one, honestly and truly, I would pick Timesplitters: Future Perfect for the Xbox/GC/PS2. That game was ridiculous. It was released almost 10 years ago but it was one of the only first person shooters on a console (and not a PC) to include a fully-functioning map editor where you could create your own maps from the ground up. There were also 40-some guns, 150 playable characters, 15 multiplayer maps, MULTIPLAYER AI BOTS! (WOOT), an awesome story mode, and shit that games don't even have today, like arcade modes, deathmatch awards and rankings, player progrss, etc. It even had 4 player splitscreen, LAN, and 2 player co-op. Easily the most fully featured, fun, action-packed FPS, and game in general, I've ever played. If you like FPS games in the vein of Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, or even Halo, you would really enjoy this game.

So, that's my little praising, what's your favorite game?

2. Hard to say so ill just base it off of which game i had the most "play time" on.

Final Fantasy 11 (MMO)

I had like 250 DAYS of playtime. Granted, a significant amount of it was while i was AFK/asleep. But i played it from 7th grade to 11th grade, and then sporadically after that. I had a great clan, and a few friends who id play with on the mic on xbox live which added a lot of longevity. At one point, toward the end of me playing regularly, we joined this really hardcore clan that camped special monsters that spawned once every 21-24 hrs real time, and 3-5 days real time. They were heavily contested because they dropped insane gear. Basically, every day, they would spawn a little earlier in the day, so wed be up at 2-5 am for example, on a schoolnight, sleeping, waking up every 25 minutes to be ready for the next spawn window, then going back and napping for 25 more mins if it didnt pop that time. For the 3-5 day monsters, wed have characters (bots) set up in the zones that they spawned in, and the bot would call our cellphones, automatically when it spawned, no matter the time. So if it spawned at 3 am on a tuesday, wed all get a call, rush online and try to get enough people to the monster to fight it, before rival clans did. It was nuts man, those battles would take 3-4hrs each (for the mobs that spawned in 3-5 days that is) so you get woken up at like 3:00 for example, have enough people hopefully before the other clans, start fighting it at like 3:20, then go back to bed at like 7:00 when its dead, or go to school lol... Good times. Would never do it again tho. Well maybe when i retire in 30 years...

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm a big fan of the Killzone series. The new Killzone for Ps4 looks amazing.

4. A Sublime fan AND a Killzone fan? You have good taste friend.

Killzone 3 was my favorite personally. Best controls, graphics, and botzone.

5. Haha thank you. I agree, Killzone 3 is amazing, I just enjoy the graphics on the new KZ.

6. Resident Evil 4! That game brings back so many memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Halo 3 absolutely. So many great innovations at the time, especially when modding wasn't around period.

8. Oh my god. If this is the game I think it is I can't say it is my favorite game (I wasnt that good) but it was fun as shit. People made some cool ass maps

Haha it probably is, Timesplitters is pretty unique. I'll attach some screenshots so you can tell me if it's the same game.

Also, to both of you that mentioned Halo 3 and Resident Evil 4... Again, AWESOME games!

Attached Files:

10. #10 El Duderino, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    GTA3 for PS2 is still my favorite game of all time. i have many favorites on PS1 but GTA3 started a franchise. it saved Rockstar games and it was a gaming revolution. the first few GTA games on PS1 were cool, but not much can compare to the greatness of GTA3.

11. It's gotta be, the name sounds right and its around the same time, plus no games had map editor around this time.

12. [​IMG]
    &
    [​IMG]

13. GTA:SA. shit was so sick that's why.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #15 Nugagerube, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Dude I used to love time splitters: future perfect. I loved the zombie maps. I'm getting that shit out. I used to play it all the time with my friend.

It was real easy tho playing multiplayer tdm. AI was real bad

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #16 Papa C, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    This^^ Halo 3 is still my favourite game by far. That and halo reach, purely for the online multiplayer, wasn't keen on the storyline at all.

Actually those games and Star Wars Battlefront, I ain't picking one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. R-type III is one of my favorites..  it's hard to pick a favorite, because there are too many solid, well-made games.

Metal Slug 3 for the Neo-Geo, too many good games.

I dont like any of the newer games, it's all the same bullshit today.

17. Favorite is a tough one, I like so many. Oh yeah! If I had to pick one it would be Persona 3 FES.

18. Ssx on tour. Spent most of my chillhood playing this along side my best friend. It was his game and console. I didn't have a ps2, couldn't afford one. But boy was it a treat back then.

SickAsTits.kklk

19. #20 OutdoorIndica, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    Console: Goldeneye for n64.

Computer: Runescape 2003-2006

Anyone whos played goldeneye can attest to its epicness, especially back then. And runescape was by far the most addicting game ive ever played. Loved it, totally took me out of reality. Must be because of my love of medieval themes.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app