First Track Off My Trap Mixtape

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Infinite Experience, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hello blades, I haven't been on here in a while, so I thought I would come back with some music for you guys :). This is the first track off of my trap mixtape, so if you want to leave some feedback here it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm looking for some rappers who would be interested in taking part in my mixtape.

https://soundcloud.com/patryckwells/trapgasm-vol1-feat-niggie-smalls-original-mix

2. Damn I was expecting to hear somebody rapping over it lol. Reminds me of something a DJ would play in the club. What DAW do you use to produce? I'm a rapper but this really isn't my style of instrumental to flow to, but it was still good tho.

3. #3 Infinite Experience, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Yeah I was going for more of an EDM style haha. I use Fl Studio 11 Producer Edition. And thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it.

4. NP man. I figured you used FL Studio, it's got such a simple workflow to it once you get the program down and lots of producers use it. I myself have used FL Studio but i don't have a MIDI controller so it's a major pain in the ass to get the right notes lol. I've also tried Ableton Live and I had no damn clue what to do, it's such a complex program. But once I get all the gear I need I'm looking in investing in a good MIDI controller so I can start producing my own beats. 

Do you also rap or do you just produce beats?

5. #5 Infinite Experience, Jul 30, 2014
    Yeah I know what you mean about Ableton, I couldn't figure out how to even put a kick and snare down lol. I actually did about half of this track without a midi controller, and it was really frustrating trying to get all the notes in tune, it took me an extra hour or two then it would if I would've done it all with a midi controller. The only other DAW that I've found fairly simple to use is Logic, but it only runs on mac and I'm not gonna pay for an overpriced computer just to use it. Originally, I wanted to be a rapper, but I found that everything I wrote ended up sounding like a poem or just me talking, and making beats just came more naturally to me, so I stick to that.

6. Gotcha. I've used a ton of DAW's (for mixing purposes) Pro Tools, Cakewalk, Acid Pro, Reaper, and Reason and I see myself going back to Reaper everytime, and it's the DAW I currently use for recording and mixing. I'd like to have Pro Tools but I simply can't afford a $600 program so I just installed the Pro Tools layout on Reaper to get the closest workflow to Pro Tools as possible. 

I feel you on the Macbook Pro thing, it's ridiculous to pay $1300 for a laptop that has weaker specs compared to an i7 PC but for some reason almost every studio I've been in you see an Apple computer sitting there lol.

Were you using your diaphragm and vocal chords when rapping; and did you have the proper equipment to record with? I tend to have that problem sometimes on more emotional songs since I only have a condenser mic with an audio interface so I sometimes have to layer the track to get the thickness without having a mic preamp and compressor. there's so much shit you need for recording or being a producer/engineer. 

7. The only recording I did was with a Rock Band Mic haha and I was just having fun with it at the time, I mainly wrote rhymes in a notebook and freestyled with my friends a little, but I lost the passion for it because I enjoyed hearing someone rap over a beat I made more. And no I wasnt really using my diaphragm, but I also smoked a pack and a half a day back then so that made it difficult, I might dabble back into rapping some day but for now Ill just be the guy making the beats.

8. #8 Str8Faded, Jul 30, 2014
    Man I remember the times when I used a Ps2 mic! I had to layer my vocals 2 times having 1 in the center and 1 panned to the left and the other panned to the right at 35% to get a nice thick tone without it sounding muddy as hell, the only problem is I didn't have a pop filter and I was too lazy to reduce the dB of the pops in my tracks. Good thing I know how to mix properly or it would of been a disaster.

But keep doing what you doing man.

here's my tracks if you wanna check them out. I'm currently working on recording and mixing the current tracks and working on new tracks as well with the new gear I got.

http://www.reverbnation.com/seraphtthemanager?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav

9. #9 Infinite Experience, Jul 30, 2014
    Nice man, Im diggin In the Clouds, your flow reminds me a lot of my friend that got me into rapping/producing. I don't know when I will finish the full mixtape because I'm busy with work and soon I'll be even busier when I start college, but if you're interested I can try to make something more hip-hop oriented and we can work from there

10. Thanks man, In the Clouds seems to be my hit song I just can't wait til I get the new version of it done so people can hear it. 

Sounds good man. I got like 50 beats I need to spit on and I'm slowly getting to each of them but not all of them are what I'm looking for. You know my flow so it would be easier for you to produce something for me rather than a different producer that hasn't heard my tracks. 

do you still got contact with those rappers? If their good and got equipment let them know I'm down for collaborating cause I have a ton of tracks with open verses I need someone to fill in. 

11. Yeah I still talk to them through Facebook, as far as equipment that they have goes, I have no idea, I'll have to ask them. I'll keep in touch with you through here and let you know, but I gotta be going to sleep right about now because I got work in the morning. I enjoyed talking to you and I hope we can discuss this further.