Experienced Growers Please Comment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by saltyoyster, Jul 29, 2014.

1. First time cannabis grower but I've been an organic gardener for a few years. I started a feminized purple haze seed directly in a 3 gal clay pot on my porch with a soil mix of peat moss, vermiculite, manure and organic potting soil. I started out fertilizing every few weeks with fish emulsion. She is 80 days old, stands roughly 36" a for the most part has been thriving.  I started getting yellow leaves around the base and inside of the plant about four weeks ago and immediately upped my fert periods to once a week. Yellow leaves initially dissipated but quickly returned.  

I transplanted into a 5 gal pot ten days ago and found that she was slightly root bound; I did not disturb the root ball. Now, I continue to have yellow/browning leaves despite regular fertilizing and the larger pot. Questions: 

- Am i still not fertilizing enough at once a week? 
    - Should i get on a stronger fert?
    - Will the bound root ball automatically unbind with the larger pot or should I pull the ball out and loosely    finger the roots and re-pot? 

She looks like she's about to start flowering and I'd hate to lose her. 

Comments welcome. Thanks. 

Attached Files:

2. I few yellow leaves is no fuss. Thats normal. Worry when your hole plant turns pale green. Mine is dropping yellow leaves and im not fussing. But now lastnight I've noticed that a plant was pale green so I gave her a dose a hen manure pellets. Hopefully she will be normal today. But your plants look good.

3. As the plants switch to flowering yellowing and dropping fan leaves us normal. If you are really concerned you can give them a bit of nitrogen. Otherwise I would just remove the yellow and deep leaves.