Federal Government Responds To Ny Times Asking For Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Old School Smoker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. I'd like to see their response on alcohol.

2. #22 Sgtstadanko707, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    I find it funny that the ny times feels this way yet they still drug test all thier own employes.
    Oh the hypocrisy

• Marijuana use affects the developing brain. A recent study in Brain reveals impairment of the development of structures in some regions of the brain following prolonged marijuana use that began in adolescence or young adulthood.[1] Marijuana use is associated with cognitive impairment, including lower IQ among adult chronic users who began using marijuana at an early age.[2]
    • Substance use in school age children has a detrimental effect on their academic achievement. Students who received earned D's or F's were more likely to be current users of marijuana than those who earned A's (45% vs. 10%).[3]
    • Marijuana is addictive. Estimates from research suggest that about 9 percent of users become addicted to marijuana. This number increases to about 17 percent among those who start young and to 25-50 percent among people who use marijuana daily.[4]
    • Drugged driving is a threat to our roadways. Marijuana significantly impairs coordination and reaction time and is the illicit drug most frequently found to be involved in automobile accidents, including fatal ones.[5]

Okay so option 1 you cannot argue because alcohol actually does kill brains cells. Marijuanas cognitive impairment is only when high, just like alcohol. Marijuana users have the same average IQ as everyone else, it is not reducing intelligence. I bet if we did a study where we gave an IQ test to 500 cannabis users and an equal number of alcohol users, and 500 of a control group(all 1500 equal in education). Then I would be tempted to hypothesize that the results would be roughly the same, if not slightly higher for the marijuana group as it tends to attract people who are intelligent. Next, school performance has nothing to do with marijuana use, it has to do with being taught the value of education early in life. If students are getting A's and consuming cannabis then that makes the argument void in itself because if it did not lower their intelligence and cause them to fail, then how can we say it was the deciding factor for these other children? Lastly, and it is the easiest to pick apart of all as 50% of all auto accidents in the united states are caused by alcohol. So I am 100% certain that is a complete load of shit. 

3. At least we know the people dont run the country anymore. They basically said that.

4.  Any Intelligence Quotient test given is based on education level, someone with 2 years of college gets a different test from the high school drop out(unless it's a cheap and incomplete one you take online).  As a Life time Asthma suffer and athlete legalize it or don't I'm going to keep on keeping on.  Also as someone who does have a genius IQ yea I'm still smart enough to smell the bull from a country mile away on this response, great response to the response from the Washington post btw.

5. Good post old skool i was wondering what came of that. What they focused on was not what i wanted to hear.

6. There's a response-refutation on NORML as well...

I'm sure you're all resourceful enough to locate it. :)

7. I know methadone was created by the Germans during WW II. I was referring to American use and abuse, where it's been used as a subsitute for heroin! It's occasionally used to comfort those dying of cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum