First Time Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by the awoken toker, Jul 29, 2014.

1. hey all so I have 8 100 watt cfl's making 200 watts i think on two plants put into individual mylar covered boxes i have the front open of air flow with box fan now. i have old pic up ill post the here. i will post new pics tomorrow morning
    View attachment 6239
    i just wanted to get my grow up for all fellow growers.

2. what the heck...I know I responded to this already.. I said..all your pics are upside down...and they look healthy.

(I'm not losing my mind.I'm not losing my mind.<em>I'm not losing my mind.)</em>

3. just updated the pics to one i took today, im about to start flowering do you think that would be good?

4. I would transplant to something slightly larger if you can fit it in your cab. She looks pretty big for that pot to just be hitting flower now. I'd also top her so you don't end up with a 3 foot tall plant.

...but yeh other then that she looks ready. :)    I'm just afraid if you don't give her a little more soil she's gonna be drinking like crazy halfway though flower and it will be hard too keep up on the watering....like you might have to water almost twice a day. Adding more soil/larger pot will hold more water and tide you over fer a day or 2 ya know?   :)

5. i can fit a 7 gallon bucket in there, there in 5's now. you think that's worth transplanting? also ive only been watering them once a day and maybe skip once or twice a week if they seem wet enough thats good right?

6. from the pics, it's looks like they're in 1 or 2 gallon? Can you put a pic in this thread plz? click a pic in your gallery, right click it, copy image location, click image when making a post (looks like a pic with a green plus on it) and copy the link into the box.

[​IMG]

that looks like 1.5 gallon or so.

7. they are 1.5 gal. not enough weed :) any ways i had 5's I was going to put in there should I? and any tips on transplanting, should I trim the roots or anything? also im about to top them how do i know where to?

8. yeh I'd put em in something bigger before flower...preferably like twice the size or so. Bet you can find something at the dollar store that's the right size..or just use 3 gal smart pots (fabric pots). Actually those reusable grocery bags are kinda like smartpots...

I'd only trim the roots if they're circling the pots real bad at the bottom and they're like a yellow color. Otherwise just kinda gently scratch the bottom with your hand as you transplant.

for topping..it's pretty hard to mess it up. Just pinch off the topmost thickest growth...like a little pinch...1/2"   That will make it bush out more and the lower branches will reach up.

and dude...I worry about your lights falling. I've seen alot of cfl lights fall on plants. I can't tell how good they're mounted from the pics...they might be ok, only you know for sure ;)

9. #9 the awoken toker, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    well they do seem to sloop i just have to "re-place" them, I've seen it touch one leaf and it seemed burnt so i just cut it( just the tip of one of the leafs) . they aren't going to fall off though they have hangars holding them in place for the most part just trying to find the spot were i get it closest without burning i also have a box fan on the other side of the closet. i was told they don't like wind but they need fresh air so i put it they and they barely get a breeze. should i also spend more time and redo the mylar in the boxes? its wrinkled but all white, does that matter at all?

10. #10 Bongsauce, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    sounds good.

mylar is kinda hard to get perfect...it's up to you if you wanna tinker with it.    *that looks like panda film or something though. mylar is like metallic...like a poptart wrapper.

11. im suppose to have the shiny side up? theirs a white one and a shiny one

12. So I swapped over to the shiny side and took a pic cause i coudnt really find out if it was shiny or not i looked up other grow tents and their shiny inside so I decided to turn it over. i made it a little neater as well, heres a pic
    View attachment 143297
    can you tell me if that the right side? thanks :)

13. yeh I think so. lol. I'm not familiar with white backed mylar...I guess it's to make it stronger. I usually just paint stuff white. but all the mylar I've used is shiny on both sides so....

You might be able to get a much better fit if you cut some pieces and maybe tack or staple them in there. It's pretty hard to get it flat unless it's in smaller pieces.

14. have you seen this kinda setup ? alot of cfl growers rig their lights like this. I think it would work out better if your lights were mounted above.

1234.JPG

15. i would like to make a new setup so i have one space instead of two and when i do that i think im going to mount them from above and make a hood out off mylar and half pipe. but that will have to wait till these ones are done, how important is total darkness at night?

16. also on the inside its pretty smooth just the pic looks wrinkly, i used one piece and kinda stretched it across the sides, that's the the top of the cab, where i couldn't care if it a lumen or not.

17. total darkness is very important...so is a solid light cycle. Do you have a timer?  :)   

cfls might melt mylar if it's to close. Ever used foil tape? that stuff is awesome

18. i have a timer set for 12/12 and my closet is like 99% dark (if that makes sense). like if i go in put up mylar then close door i cant see the ladies, but there is a small amount of light. its less than moonlight it seems. would that much be harmful?

19. foil tape do you mean mylar foil tape or will none mylar tape this work too? cause that would be a million times easier. thanks so much for all the help too, I'm new to this forum, and so far have enjoyed my experience. :)

20. all of my lights are also 2700k except one, on each plant (the store was out of the daylight bulbs). should i go back and return all my 2700k bulbs and pick up the  daylights?( gotta love dept stores return policys lol) or will they be fine on 2700k with one 6700K? thanks :)