Why Do Americans Say ...

Discussion in 'General' started by IvGotMilk, Jul 29, 2014.

1. What kills me is that people are started to leave "ed" off of the end of words. It's spreading like wildfire.

I.e. "That girl is getting murder."

I saw that not too long ago. I can't stand it and I don't get it.

2. Way to promote stereotypes...

And I couldn't care less about whether people pronounce it right...you get the fucking gist of it right? Or need I explain that too?

Apparently op really should care less....

3. I actually had a dog that I nicknamed 'Murder', People got very very confused by it. Sometimes frightened.

NaH fuK ALL Dat noise. MURICA my nigGA fucK the bulls!t. I knok yo fuckn dick in teh dirt if yu tryna see me. Wz Gucci?

5. Damn dude. Why was her name murder?

6. It was because I sent a picture to a friend. It's a male dog. His fur is white. I sent him the picture and he's like 'Why did you send me a picture of socks', I'm like 'No that's my new dog', 'Oh it looked like it was just a bunch of socks. 'Yes he murdered all the socks in the world and then enveloped into himself and now he's a sock'. And that's how he got the name murder. It was an inside joke that still hasn't stopped. I still have the dog too, he's my Ruca.

I'm from America and I rarely hear that expression. You must be socializing with our underclass.

8. #28 clevername, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    The answer is that certain "demographics" are encouraged to disrespect the language, and refuse to either learn it correctly or use it correctly, which they seem to think empowers themselves, somehow... which actually only helps "the man" keep them/us down, and further divides us all, so that we remain disorganized and distracted by diversionary tactics, so that we can't stop bickering long enough to see the real enemy is not each other... and so that even if we do manage to realize that part of it, the language will be too fragmented and diluted for us to be able to effectively communicate, thereby thwarting any efforts to unite, before they even begin.

So, by refusing to punctuate or spell correctly, you're playing exactly the hand "the man" wants you to play: the losing one; the one you're dealt, not the one you could build. And certainly not the ones we could build, if we could all get on the same correct page and cooperate toward a common goal.

Also, some semantics:

"couldn't care less" means "i am at the absolute baseline of the amount i can care; i care as little as possible... and/or not at all."

whereas,

"could care less," can actually have a useful context as well: "i could care less..." means "well, if you don't appreciate that i do care, somewhat, and if my level of care seems insufficient to you, then i could make an adjustment so that i care even less, or don't care at all, if you would prefer..."

9. " A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..................."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqqBs6kkzHE

can you feel it? :smoke:

10. I could care less

By not responding at all

If you couldn't care less, then you wouldn't even acknowledge what was there to be uncared for.

I think you're the one in the wrong. Judgmental pri..... Lol

Is that the first analogy that you thought off ?  :eek:

Did you ever lose your dog and have to start shouting its name in the park ?  :ey:

12. That's the most recent one I saw : /

13. When I say I couldn't care less, it means I don't give a rats ass.

When I say I could care less, it means be happy that I'm even acknowledging your nonsense.

14. He has a public name lol. I don't call him Murder all the time.

15. Tbh im smart enough to understand what they really mean. So I just smile and agree.
    After all its pretty rude to correct someone, unless you're thier teacher lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Yes, it is?

17. #38 clevername, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014

if everyone would remain both the teacher and the student, there would be far fewer problems in the world.

I don't mind if someone on an ego trip gets a little huffy over being corrected, as long as they learn and apply it.

Don't be mad at me for correcting you, be mad at yourself for being wrong. Or, better yet, don't be mad at anyone, and instead, be grateful to be given the chance to improve yourself.

I agree, Sassy.

A few times I've run across someone on the internet who is a bit apologetic for their English usage -- which I thought wasn't that bad at all.

They continue on to say that English isn't their native language. Ha!

19. i've lost count of how many times i've experienced exactly that.

I'm always like "heh, you're doing better than half the native speakers!"