Magic Flight Launch Box

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by AstronautLogic, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Hey, I am thinking about purchasing this cape for my dorm room. I hear it doesn't give off much smell (I'll be using a spliff), it saves weed & you'll get stoned from it, is it a good product?

2. I've never owned one personally, but i have friends that have had one and they say it works perfectly. The only thing is that there is a slight learning curve and if you mess up and your weed combusts its going to smell like you're smoking a bowl. So only thing that i would suggest is using it for a little while before you get in your dorm so you don't stink up the place. Other than that, from reviews I've read and friends I've talked to its worth the money. I was thinking about getting one as well, might just end up getting a pax instead though

3. Just get the da vinci ascent. It works with flower and wax an u can use it while charging and won't break in your pocket like the launch box. It runs at 250 and worth the money

Sent from hink

4. There is still a smell, but it is not as strong as smoke and it dissipates quicker. By the end of the bowl it starts to smell kind of like burnt popcorn too, so making a bag helps cover the smell.
    I've never put tobacco in it, the vape saves me a tonne of bud anyways. There is a learning curve but with a fresh battery, a slow hit, and well ground bud (almost powder) it hits nicely

I've taken mine camping and mountain biking with it in my pocket(I've dropped it while riding) and it still works perfectly, plus it has a lifetime warranty. Put an elastic on it and its a great starter/stealth vape for the price

5. yocan mak

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I have one and love it. As far as odor goes, I've generally always found that the smelliest part is packing the trench with freshly ground stinky bud.

The vapor has only a very slight weed smell and i doubt it would be smellible outside your door. As the previous guy said, though, it's important to learn not to combust your material. It isn't hard, but you'll probably do it at least once.

My only recomendation is to get the acrylic stem tht they sell for like two bucks. The original stem is Pyrex glass and that shit will break man.

7. Just bought one man!!!! IT's so good you should get it for sure, ive smoked a lot of vapes this is the best portable vape you can get

8. i have one...

lets put it this way, i almost never use it.

as far as masking a smell, meh, it sort of does, but you can still tell weed has been smoked.  Its less distinct and not as much smoke certainly.  It also, does work, but it does take some perfecting, and the batteries get annoying...one battery exploded and the other doesnt work as well anymore.

For the price, its ok, but there are probably better options.

9. I have one and use it all the time.

The trench will start to smell overtime, but I put some mint tea in it and that takes care of if. Buy one of those pelicases and you wont notice it's there.
    Vaping will smell a bit, but it dissipates quickly. Still better be safe than sorry and vape with all the necessary precautions, or better yet outside.
    I would say that if you can take care of the smell of your stash (and abv- don't trow it away), the smell of vaping cannot be a big problem. It is one of the least smelling vapes.

This thing is super stealthy: when used correctly, it will only produce a small wisp of vapor, is super fast to deploy and tiny.

Buy some extra batteries. Also, when charging, they can attract unwanted attention (why are they stripped?) + the logo is visible.
    A grinder is necessary, but i found that if you go for an ultra fine grind (almost powder) the high will be better, but it will also smell more.

10. ??  You could fall down a quarry with an mflb in your pocket and it won't break. You will but the LB won't.  There's nothing to break apart from the screen, which is protected by slide cover.  

11. For the dorm it's perfect! Last year I had a mflb in my room with a sploof and people could walk in 10 secs after a hit and wouldn't smell anything. The only thing you have to worry about is the prep. When grinding it up it smells a lot worse than vaping. Anyways hope you have a good time!! And be safe!

12. #12 ren.dnb, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014

Yes,

It's an excellent product. For a dorm scenario you can't go wrong with it. Costs under $150 and it comes with a lifetime warranty that also covers damage that YOU do to it accidentally. 

It still has a smell, but its very minimal and I mean it dissipates within a few seconds and someone has to be close to you to smell it. I have 3 vapes, The Hammer, Firewood 2.1, and MFLB. The MFLB is what I use when I'm out and about and need to be discreet or stealthy. I use it in my car all the time and it never stinks up the car.

Just make sure you sweep the screen clean after each trench, and it won't smell so bad. However, cleaning it doing the deep clean method, WILL make it stink up your dorm room so keep that in mind.

Mine hasn't broken yet, but I do secure it with a rubber band in my pocket. Also, I couldn't recommend the Ascent for a dorm scenario.

13. The Ascent would be a waste of time in a dorm, too much vapor output. The MFLB is great, the smell is light, I just hit it in my office. Little axe spray or whatever I have in my desk and smell is gone. 

14. Even if you do break it, they will replace it.will tge other company match that!
    In fact will anyone, apart from magic flight.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I just got one today actually. It gives off a slight weed odor like someone was smoking it outside your window. And that was with the window open and me blowing the vape thru an electric fan that was blowing towards the street. I left the door open for ventilation and sprayed Febreeze. It was gone in less than 5 minutes.

Sent from my ASUS T701 via Tapatalk

16. I've been using a MFLB exclusively for around 18 months and I love it...wake n bake, all stealth-mode. If stealth is the priority, I think it's the best, easiest option and the high is excellent, IMHO. 
    \nI always keep my MFLB in a small mason jar to to hide the smell while in storage. It's the only thing I trust 100%.
    \nActually using the MFLB has almost no smell. I can do stealth tokes almost anywhere or situation, but if your raw buds are good and stinkin' they will stink up a room quick.
    \nThe jar I use holds my box, some finely grinded herb, cleaning brush and a couple batteries...it has worked excellence for smell/stealth.
    \nStay Lifted.
    \nK

17. Not to mention the LBs neverending warantee

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Grasscity Forum mobile app