Pineapple Chunk Feminised From Seed Dwc 5 Gal First Time

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Darknetgrower, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Changed res water to include the new nutes and it was gross with lots of particulate matter. The hoses were slimy so i swabbed them w/iso before putting back in. Im wondering y i cant see roots yet considering they popped almost 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I overhauled the plants growing space. The growth was so slow that i thought the rockwool was holding them back. Removed rockwool and placed them all right in hydroton. Got rid of 2 string bean looking superwidow fems.

So in short i have the ph at 5.5, empty water in newer bucket with 1 pineapple chunk.

2 week old plants are getting FN grow at 1/4 strength and my ppm is at 340.

Question about mixing nutes. I shook the hell out of it and then i poured some into a pill bottle so that there's less matter to shake up. Good idea or not?

I welcome all advices and criticisms.

Oh another change i made is raising the water level to have it at half in submerged into the water where ill leave it until i see roots.

Attached Files:

3. Hey there... Going to chime in.

Those buckets will not handle all those plants.

You really should aim for 1 plant per bucket.

As they grow they drink more and more water. That's going to be a nightmare to maintain.

Also 1 plants root system will almost fill that bucket. Having more than 1 in such close proximity they are going to choke each other out.

You also really only need 1 extra bucket for swapping cleaning etc.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

4. Theres just 2 in the one now but i can easily sacrifice one. Thanks for your input

5. #25 The Letter 3, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    I feel you had the right idea getting rid of that rockwool. Totally unnecessary in dwc buckets with hydroton.

With that air pump you've got you may see faster root development if you maintain your water line at the base of the net pot.

The water wicks upwards and you want the roots to reach for your soup.

I'm not familiar with fn nutes. But whatever helps mix it up can't hurt.

Edit, subbed up.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

6. Thanks for the sub. Temps are in the 80s so im thinking about little water bottles. Frozen.

Also thanks for the advice ill adjust the water.

7. agreed

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Been a Lil while. I added one now I have 3. No roots showing through hydroton yet.

I have the oldest which is 3 weeks old at 420 ppm or 2.5mls/gallon. Accidentally touched her with ph down on my hands.

Second oldest I started at under half strength or .75ml/gallon. Reading 150ppm. I have a .5 tds meter. There's a (point) 7 and a 5 I have the 5.

Youngest is about a week old and she's empty water.

Question about using frozen one liter bottles for temp issues. It raises the water level. What to do about that. Make it so the water is just touching with the bottles or without? I'm saying with as that is the condition that they are in most often due to the high temps and the fact that my cheapy hydrofarm fan shit the closet. Have a new one where the innards look like they move air efficiently on the way.

Open to advices. Tips. Jokes. Insults. Wait..maybe no insults.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. I wasn't done, stupid app.

Attached Files:

10. I need some help.

Ok im finally seeing roots from the bottom of the net pots. I killed one as it just wasn't showing progress. My Temps are way high due to summer and not having a way to property exhaust the air from my 600w cooltube. The light has that fan that I posted earlier attached to it. I have a thermometer right outside the grow space which reads the exact same temp as the sensor hanging right at bucket level. What's a way to cool that air coming from the light without having a window to exhaust out of? I feel like all the hot-air is just hanging out warming up my whole spot. Granted it is summer.

Ok what strength do u guys recommend I feed these girls? They are both 33 days old and stunted to hell from I think the heat. Why else would they be? I have them both at 450ppm with a tds3 meter. I'm not sure if it's a. 5 or. 7 one. I figure as long as I keep the same meter and adjust accordingly using it's readings, that part shouldn't matter .

So should I b using the ppm that go with week 4/5 or lower since their growth isn't that of 33 day old plants.

Can anybody offer any other tips or advice? I almost gave up before I started seeing roots. I'm kinda desperate for advice.

Oh yeah I topped the taller one as u may b able to tell.

Attached Files:

11. Res change today. Upped fng to 3/4 strength, or 1/2 tsp per gallon. Ppm at 580, which should correspond to EC of about 1, I think.

Also added B1 thrive alive at 1/2 tsp per liter for 14 liters. So 7ml of that.

My ph is 5.8. I set up my light and fan better so less duct between fan and light. The light can now be less than a foot away with only a 4 degree difference from the temp outside of the space.

Y is nobody offering advice? I'm begging.

Both plants are getting the same treatment.

Attached Files:

12. Don't help me but help future growers that may b using search terms found in this thread. I know folks like to see people do things on their own but I am doing a lot on my own I've gone a month and a stressful 1 at that, with like 2 people giving me pointers. Show some love for the hobby.

13. 34 days 4 nodes

Attached Files:

14. Whoa wait a sec... Those little guys are 34 days old from sprout?

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

15. #35 Guerilla King, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    You are not patient lol. The biggest thing I EVER had to learn before I could say I was a "decent" grower was patience. Let your plants grow. If they want to die then let them. They are weeds, they will try to survive no matter what.

Two plants per 5 gallon bucket is not advisable. I agree about the rockwool needing to be gone and you really should cover your hydroton up. When you start seeing little fly looking things around you will know why. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Soooo many water changes. Have you cut the lights back?

I would recommend putting reflective surfaces up so you can reclaim some of your light that the wall is soaking up.

I'm subbed up. If you need anything all you have to do is ask. I am always online lurking around.

16. If you can't get ahold of reflective material get some flat white paint. Not the glossy stuff.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

17. I changed the water so much cuz i was putting frozen water bottles in there and dirty up the water. I decided to trade hot res water for dirty res water that's cool 4 5 hours a day.

18. I was wondering if I posted pics of my readings if anyone could offer advice.

My interpretation is that they aren't taking up nutes like they should. Could be from ph down or just added 2 many nutes.

I did cover the hydroton. Lmk if that's looking ok. I cut paper plates. Btw, my cool tube shattered. So I have floros. 4 ft 4100k. It's great for temps and I can keep it real close. But soon the new cool tube will be here. Also here's pics of what they look like. Topped both.

1 more thing. .. I finally have roots coming from the hydroton. Yay. Long ones.

Ty 4 reading.

DNG

Attached Files:

19. They r thriving. I guess the high temps were the issue. I now have 2 little fat mamas. Got carbon filter today. Shouldn't there be carbon in that reservoir? It's empty.

Due to cool tube breakages I had them under a 4100 flouro (2) and a t5 on the side.

Any thoughts on how to install the carbonfilter and fan it came with.

My area is huge now so I'll keep the one part they r in now as a veg space and turn the other into a flower chamber. That's after this one is done.

Attached Files:

20. Wow in 3 days they took off. Is the brown on roots from flora nova grow? I'm feeding at 800 ppm.

What do u all think

Attached Files: